• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
Its not ideal, but copy-pasting them into a word file would at least allow you to send a mod a PM (they might take you more seriously then).

Well, if he wants to know what happened he has got to remove his PMs. It's as simple as that.

That sounds like the best course of action if he wants to keep them.

Yes, usually getting Junior'ed results in a tag change as well. For some reason, I'm doubtful that this was intentionally done to me. It just happened out of nowhere one day, and I hadn't done anything even remotely bannable or made any stupid threads recently at all.

Deleting all of my PM's might allow me to send PM's again, but it probably wouldn't solve my thread-starting problem. That being said, deleting my PM's is a last resort. I have a lot of PM's that I'd like to keep around because they contain links or conversations that I might need to refer to later.

Does getting Junior'ed drop your PM limit to 50?

Yeah, Juniors get their PM limit dropped to 50.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, it really does sound like I was Junior'ed then...

I just deleted a bunch of old PM's and sent a message to a mod just to be sure. I would love to know why this has happened to me.
I know, you have a GAF Gold account and everything...

SA, new avatar's lookin' good! :D

Tinychat was bumping last night! Usually im only up til about midnight my time but I stayed around til 1...good stuff even though I got 4 hrs of sleep, at least I got more than sadetar!

noah111

Still Alive
Ok I need to catch up a bit with this thread (i.e. RPG RPG. :D)

Man, it really does sound like I was Junior'ed then...

I just deleted a bunch of old PM's and sent a message to a mod just to be sure. I would love to know why this has happened to me.
Yeah, it fucking sucks. I'm always at 48 and it's annoying and heartbreaking to have to keep deleting old memories. :( PM'd a mod about it who said he'd get back to me, but that was about a month ago now. ;_;

Tinychat was bumping last night! Usually im only up til about midnight my time but I stayed around til 1...good stuff even though I got 44 hrs of sleep, at least I got more than sadetar!

Woah woah woah what?

Also I wish it was Friday at about 3, and that I was as far in my project as I should be. Fuck you project :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tinychat was bumping last night! Usually im only up til about midnight my time but I stayed around til 1...good stuff even though I got 44 hrs of sleep, at least I got more than sadetar!
Sorry I missed you man.

Had a good time rockin' the Disney and 80s tunes, and watching Sadetar grow progressively less and less conscious

If you wanna hold off on catching up you can read everything in a nice formatted way with the illustrations embedded and stuff when I get it up on the site :D

noah111

Still Alive
If you wanna hold off on catching up you can read everything in a nice formatted way with the illustrations embedded and stuff when I get it up on the site :D
I think I might do that! Trying to find the previous chapters is kind of difficult. :p I'll stay on top of the site (and this thread), can't wait!

[fakeedit] so disappointed that I couldn't have been in the TC last night. ;_;

Well shit. I've totally just realised that I've been working with +/-5V, when the actual power supply I'll be using for my project will be +6V. No negative voltage.

Fuck.

ScOULaris

Yeah, it fucking sucks. I'm always at 48 and it's annoying and heartbreaking to have to keep deleting old memories. :( PM'd a mod about it who said he'd get back to me, but that was about a month ago now. ;_;

Sentry, I thought you were Junior'ed longer than a month ago. I seem to remember it happening to you at least 3-4 months ago.

Did you ever find out why you got Junior'ed? If that is what has happened to me, I'd at least like to know why.

I PM'ed duckroll asking if he Junior'ed me. I made the MGS and FF voting threads shortly before he made the sticky about no more voting threads, so I thought that maybe that had something to do with it.

noah111

Still Alive
Sentry, I thought you were Junior'ed longer than a month ago. I seem to remember it happening to you at least 3-4 months ago.

Did you ever find out why you got Junior'ed? If that is what has happened to me, I'd at least like to know why.

I PM'ed duckroll asking if he Junior'ed me. I made the MGS and FF voting threads shortly before he made the sticky about no more voting threads, so I thought that maybe that had something to do with it.
Ummm no, I got junior'd years ago. And yes I know exactly why it happened to me; it was a
under-an-influence
type of mistake on my part.

I think I know why you were j'd/banned as well, probably due to cross-posting the same thing across several different threads that had nothing to do with the topic you were asking about.

But I could be wrong.

[edit] may god damn you with the might of the universe crude.

Hmm.

Got new internet installed today, but

The router they supplied seems to be kind of shit? My desktop seven feet away from it can't connect to a site and gets 71% signal (there's a wall in the way, but other routers have done significantly better). When I'm in the room with the router, like I am right now, things work fine but I only get my advertised 30Mbps when connected via ethernet. I get 10 if not.

I called the dude who put it in and he's supposed to maybe get back to me later, so we'll see. I kinda don't want to have a situation on my hands where AT&T was the superior ISP here.

ScOULaris

I think I know why you were j'd/banned as well, probably due to cross-posting the same thing across several different threads that had nothing to do with the topic you were asking about.

You mean me asking people to help me contact mods about my account? I did that after I lost my thread creation privileges. I did end up getting banned for two weeks for doing that though.

But that's definitely not why I was Junior'ed or whatever the hell user group I now belong do. I honestly have not created any stupid threads or done anything recently that I could imagine pissing the mods off to this degree.

shocking. Routers are cheap.

They are, and I have some spare ones at my parents' house I can drive over and get if worse comes to worse, but eh. It's part of the service, so I might as well use theirs if it works and exhaust that path.

And I still can't believe that Ron Paul is taken seriously.

Hmm. Probably not going to make many friends by saying this, but

No one who knows what they are talking about takes Ron Paul seriously. At worst they use his "free market" push to extol the virtues of other libertarian agendas, but I doubt very many right-minded people actually believe the man is anything more than a crazy old racist. There are just some people willing to hand-wave that fact, as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
KuGsj.gif

...thanks Hawk.

Thawk.
HOLY SHIT LOOK AROUND YOU

Sadetar

Tinychat was bumping last night! Usually im only up til about midnight my time but I stayed around til 1...good stuff even though I got 4 hrs of sleep, at least I got more than sadetar!
...I went to bed around 10.30 am and woke 11.50 am.

I remotely remember that there has been days when I would have slept slightly more than nearly 1,5 hours.

Sorry I missed you man.

Had a good time rockin' the Disney and 80s tunes, and watching Sadetar grow progressively less and less conscious.
It is good that I managed to be entertaining at least in some way. ;P

Even though I am still quite disappointed that you went to bed way before I did...

It also seems that I giggle way too much.
...Even Clear got annoyed. Sob, sob.

But all in all it was splendid and it was absolutely adorable to talk with you kitties... If it wouldn't been though, I think I would have managed to go to bed a bit earlier.

And I still think that gaffers look extremely cute. ^______^

I missed said giggling =(

I missed the TC party too. Work has been especially bad this month. One day I shall return for the dancing, cooking shows and giggling. :p

BTW, Hawk. I meant to say earlier, but I have been enjoying your story very much. :) Keep those chapters coming, and know that they will be devoured by your delighted audience.

I'm very prone to giggling, and this is one of the reasons why I don't use the open mic feature too often. I also laugh WAY too loud, especially during TV shows and movies...like almost inappropriately loud. I just like to enjoy my stuff you know?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I missed the TC party too. Work has been especially bad this month. One day I shall return for the dancing, cooking shows and giggling. :p
You'd have liked the music selections!

BTW, Hawk. I meant to say earlier, but I have been enjoying your story very much. :) Keep those chapters coming, and know that they will be devoured by your delighted audience.
:D :D :D

You're all so motivating!

Yeah, I wish I had done TC, too.

But between the comic (which I am really behind schedule on) and preparing for this fucking thing, I am spending most of my day putting out fires everywhere.

Also I am waiting for Sumioni to come out so I can review it because we're probably going to get a lot of traffic this month and it would be nice to have some content up.

NOT TO MENTION THE TWO PODCASTS A WEEK I RECORD

and I guess I'm working and stuff too

Hah

Wait

was it a look around you reference or not?

my world, it is teh melting

First, a sample of water was taken

Next, a Jane Grey pipe was fitted to the nozzle of a canister of nitrogen. The Jane Grey is placed in the beaker of water. We're using about 10p worth of gas.

Now, we turn on the canister to realise nitrogen.

The gas mefipulates gently through the Jane Grey and into the water, causing bubbling. The mefipulation is allowed to continue for 5 minutes.

When the time is up, we turn off the gas, and free the Jane Grey from the beaker.

Now let's take a look at our water sample. If you look carefully, you will notice that the water has changed colour from invisible to brown. What we have produced is embenzalmine nitrotomine, more commonly known as whiskey.

EDIT: Water, water. What hast thou donest?

EDIT2: What are birds? We just don't know.

EDIT3: You know, I think Look Around You might be my favourite parody series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom