• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Ph.D, I couldn't handle that much school. Wish I would have.

At least there's a stipend (and no tuition) for Ph.D. candidates. The prospect of debt approaching 300K for four years of medical school is depressing.

I suppose the "easiest" way out of that is to match in radiology/dermatology/opthalmology at Hopkins/Harvard/Penn etc., nab an equally prestigious fellowship, then abandon academic medicine in favor of a private practice gig paying 400K+/year.

Ah well, time to commit to clinical research. At least the NIH will repay a good chunk of your medical school loans then.

It's mainly GAF for me. Though at the moment i only have the internet 2-3 days a week which is helping a lot. Once i get my new iphone that will probably change.

I'm not real though.

Nonsense. I fully believe that you are either the person shown in your avatar... or the cup.

Also the program is a year straight through, internship at a high school monday-friday during the day, classes at night from monday-thursday. Intensive, but it's your masters and teaching certification all in a year and all of tuition is covered by the school you intern at. All you pay for is your student teaching (about 5k, but that's not bad for a masters degree and certification).

Your strategy of "having a plan" seems very interesting compared to my strategy of "blindly saving and hoping a lot".

Yeah I should really get back in there. It kinda DID end on a cliffhanger. Things on the chronic disease front have just not been so hot lately, I'm having trouble talking about recent setbacks. I'm still very happy with the implant, though.

I'm expecting an eventual Hollywood Ending*. Still, the programmable pad thing sounds attractingly nifty. Do you ever get people asking if they can literally push your buttons?

* either you live happily ever after or you sacrifice yourself to stop a terrorist from exploding your hometown.

RawPower

Banned
My fear of it arose from the rumors I've been hearing about Google monitoring your search queries and information. That shit frightens the hell out of me.

My fear of it arose from the rumors I've been hearing about Google monitoring your search queries and information. That shit frightens the hell out of me.

Of course they monitor your search queries and information. That's how they can figure out how to make their advertisements relevant to your interests and not just random spam.

It's not like they store your SSN. If you wanted to TFH the matter, you could just sign up for a random account using a proxy without your name and such, and you'd still get the relative benefit of this without having to worry about Big Brother coming down on you.

stands for "Tin Foil Hat"

RawPower

Banned
In any case, I don't think I have anything important to do today. I already got my daily exercise in, so I guess that means I can just doze off for a day.

Davedough

I got new shoes... I like them a lot.

Said shoes...

gxtEg.jpg

Sumo helping me lace them...

S9aCe.jpg

RawPower

Banned
Anybody else having allergy trouble? Mine are literally making me scratch my eyes to the point that I can't even see out of them. I took a Benadryl and I should be knocked out within a half hour or so.

I have those! Except mine are black/white. They are so comfy.

I have black and white ones from that brand that look fairly similar. The only difference I can see is that my model isn't particularly comfy, and the material is surprisingly thin, so my feet get cold if it's cold out. :|

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Man, shoes. The closest I have to owning shoes like that are my knee high converse. When I go out in them I get at least 3-4 comments on them.

RawPower

Banned
I bought a new pair of sandals recently because my old ones were completely torn apart. I'm not picky about footwear, so long as it doesn't look dumb.

Chuckie

I bought a new pair of sandals recently because my old ones were completely torn apart. I'm not picky about footwear, so long as it doesn't look dumb.

So you bought sandals? :p

Just teasing... I really hate sandals so I simply had to make a mean remark.

I have a pair of Freudian Slippers. Best investment I ever made. I can freely talk about boobs and weenies all the time and if anybody complains, Siggy in the crotch!

Non-sequitur: I'm liking these Double Fine people. From their latest project update, concerning the creation of a discussion forum,
"We reserve the right to delete any malicious posts, or to just re-edit them to make the original author look like a moron, or a pedophile."

Non-sequitur: I'm liking these Double Fine people. From their latest project update, concerning the creation of a discussion forum,
"We reserve the right to delete any malicious posts, or to just re-edit them to make the original author look like a moron, or a pedophile."

Double Fine are the best people.

Watching last night's Thursday Night Throwdown

What happened to Mario Party D:

Just gonna add to this though and say that this and Fortune Street have made me come around to Patrick quite a lot.

Davedough

I have 3 Steam codes for Super Monday Night Combat. Thinking about holding some kind of contest here for them. Cant figure out a way to make it fair and non-Googlable.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I was wondering when Double Fine would get the ball rolling on the forums. Kind of disappointed they're just using their normal forums for it, but oh well I already have an account there so that's convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom