• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
*brofist*

Puma army represent!

jyzI3.jpg

(I have two more pairs of puma lol)

I'm rockin these

puma-suede-fat-lace-shoes-blue-yellow_04.jpg

Love 'em, so comfy.

Automotive OT is like worse than gaming side. All the bickering!
Puma's are awesome and they make comfortable running shoes.

I'm sorry that I have to be the sole hater here. As I said, I don't know if it's the same model, but my black and white shoes look really similar (I'll obviously check up on them when I get home), and they are terrible as running shoes. Every step is pain, just like with regular sneakers (in fact, slightly worse than the others I have, I'd say). Now, real running shoes, like my Saucony TR4 (which is as bargain basement for this class of shoe as you can get!), those are comfortable to run in. They actually support my arch, which is kind of a requirement.

Davedough

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae208/Tence/crap/adi.jpg[IMG]

My shoes... crappy pic... sorry for that[/QUOTE]

I almost went with a set of adidas. These to be precise...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/joxtC.jpg

But after going to 4 stores and them not having any in my gargantuan size, I gave up on finding them. Plus, they wanted $65 and I got my Pumas on sale for $35.

I need to pop in there sometime. I'm getting really into my car and need discussion.

Check out the Autoblog podcast. It's the best one around.

I'm sorry that I have to be the sole hater here. As I said, I don't know if it's the same model, but my black and white shoes look really similar (I'll obviously check up on them when I get home), and they are terrible as running shoes. Every step is pain, just like with regular sneakers (in fact, slightly worse than the others I have, I'd say). Now, real running shoes, like my Saucony TR4 (which is as bargain basement for this class of shoe as you can get!), those are comfortable to run in. They actually support my arch, which is kind of a requirement.

I was talking about these:

Chuckie

I almost went with a set of adidas. These to be precise...

joxtC.jpg

But after going to 4 stores and them not having any in my gargantuan size, I gave up on finding them. Plus, they wanted $65 and I got my Pumas on sale for $35.

I'm a sucker for Adidas, I always buy them. But I must say those Puma's posted in here are mighty fine too. If I could buy them for 35 I'd buy them without giving it a second thought.

Fine, you guys, I'll play this fetishy game. But I really don't have any better shots than this random one from my last party (I don't really go around taking photographs of my footwear, typically):

For adidas I got a pair of campus...im wearing them I like a few pics of me bumping around on this here forum. They go with pretty much everything.

Hm. My garden space has now yielded about seventy bricks, some chicken-wire (the kind you put between plaster in old houses), a few lengths of mostly externalelectrical wiring and a bag of Lay's from 1995. So I guess it was a fairly recent installation, probably a brick storage shed or workshop, which got just a few years of use before getting scuttled. Shame, that.

I also found a massive underground vine which is what's obviously feeding the tarzen-level vines hanging from the trees in one corner of the property. Gonna have to get a bit violent on thems!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
*spending all of her time over at the Double Fine backers forum*

It's not that I've abandoned you, my people, it's that I'm having so much fun over there.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
hahah.

I have the opposite pain. size 5 - 6, and a lot of stores (dumb stores) only stock from size 7. Going to Japan was amazing for shoe/clothes shopping.

Japan was a nightmare :< I can kind of fit in 25, but I prefer 25.5. But that's into LL range of hideous shoes. Half of those wouldn't fit either. It was sad times.

D:

A note to the wiser than I:

Never make sugary iced tea with lemons in the Fall then totally forget you left it in the fridge until Spring. I've just been ... traumatised. There were ... tendrils. It was ... not pleasant.

D:

A note to the wiser than I:

Never make sugary iced tea with lemons in the Fall then totally forget you left it in the fridge until Spring. I've just been ... traumatised. There were ... tendrils. It was ... not pleasant.

I left a glass of milk outside my house before, and it was there for weeks....I swear the stench made me tear up a bit

One of my friends inherited a rice cooker that had been used once, and whoever used it forgot they put rice in there, left it for months and then gave it to my friend. He apparently poured a whole bottle of detergent in there trying to get the stench down enough to clean it =/

Poor Lissar :( That much have been so hard, especially because of how nice a lot of the fashion is...

been there

Apparently I was lucky here, as I did not experience any negative olfactory effects. I think that the growths were actually the lemons themselves, trying to turn into trees but lacking the space. There was a little bit of moldiness(edit: as in areas of blackishness) added on top of that, though.

Had I looked at it any longer, it would have been the stuff of nightmares. As it is, I don't even really want to go back downstairs to go to the bathroom. Anywhere not here is automatically creepy now, even though there's a spider in this room.

Side bonus: I was going to get an unneeded late night snack when I made the discovery. This urge has left me rather completely.

Tomorrow I throw out all fruits that are in my fridge. Sex organs, can't trust 'em to just stay put&#8230;

Fruits and flowers are plant penises, didn't you know?

I thought they were more like the lady bits.

Also, somebody told me that what I created was called a "slime mold". Thing is, that's one of the common types of food that your character eats in the dungeon crawling computer game, Nethack*. It even says "My, what a yummy slime mold!" when you do so. This one event may have soured the experience of one of my favourite games ever. :( :( :(

* which Android's spell checker tries to auto-convert to "Methadone".

ShadowOS

Banned
uh can someone help me out? im not sure if this is the correct thread to ask but i didn't really see a Q&A section anywhere so... why can't i create threads in any of the forums?

i get this message:

ShadowOS, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

- Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
- If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

im still a bit new so i don't understand all the rules yet but i'm pretty sure my account was activated or i wouldn't be able to post in threads anyway?

uh can someone help me out? im not sure if this is the correct thread to ask but i didn't really see a Q&A section anywhere so... why can't i create threads in any of the forums?

i get this message:

ShadowOS, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

- Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
- If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

im still a bit new so i don't understand all the rules yet but i'm pretty sure my account was activated or i wouldn't be able to post in threads anyway?

You can't make threads until you are a full member, which you become after making 200 (I think) posts.

AcridMeat

Banned
A biology teacher in my community college years ago described pollen as "flying penises".

He had huge spectacles from the 70's or 80's, it was great.

Lj8TRl.jpg

The others are not quite ready to be moved around by hoomuns more than necessary, but Syrio is the largest and by far the bravest of the bunch. (Note the mama cat photo bomb)

I'll try to maintain a steady trickle of kitten photos.

Kitties are definitely preferred over bachelor pad plantmonsters. I welcome more pics.

My brain keeps messing with me, telling me that I want to have sugary iced tea. :mad:

What's this about turtle genetalia? Ali presume it has something to do with those alien ninja turtles people keep raving about?

Kitties are definitely preferred over bachelor pad plantmonsters. I welcome more pics.

My brain keeps messing with me, telling me that I want to have sugary iced tea. :mad:

What's this about turtle genetalia? Ali presume it has something to do with those alien ninja turtles people keep raving about?

lol, you don't want to know. Believe me

Lissar

Reluctant Member
My posts on the Double Fine forums are beginning to feel like it's just me trying to dial down people's expectations for how much influence they're actually going to have on the game. It's somewhat maddening.

Lj8TRl.jpg

The others are not quite ready to be moved around by hoomuns more than necessary, but Syrio is the largest and by far the bravest of the bunch. (Note the mama cat photo bomb)

I'll try to maintain a steady trickle of kitten photos.

Kitty-babies! :D So funny that the mom photo-bombed the pic, too. More when you can, Echo!

Kitties onthis page...I will take pics of puppies when I get the chance my dog had them last night

Puppies! Congrats to your mama dog, too, Clear. Bring a bunch of pics with you tonight so we can ogle them at the bar. :) (I'll bring your umbrella!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom