• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he post them up on the website?

I remember my wisdom teeth surgery.

Got about 12 numbing shots in my gums and was totally awake the whole time they were breaking and ripping out my teeth. Was a very surreal experience.

D:

I got put under. It was either that or go back four times (apparently they couldn't take them all out at once under a local).

leadbelly

Banned
I remember my wisdom teeth surgery.

Got about 12 numbing shots in my gums and was totally awake the whole time they were breaking and ripping out my teeth. Was a very surreal experience.

Probably isn't the most surreal in that sense though. Eye surgery and brain surgery are two instances where they tend to keep you awake during the procedure. Imagine sitting there with your eyes popped out of their socket, still being able to see. Or them taking off the top of your skull and messing around with your brain while you're sitting there. :/

leadbelly

Banned
Hey gang what'd I'd m—

No no no no no no no no no no no no.

Also: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My mother nearly had to have this done to her. She had something growing on her eyes. I think it was skin. I can't really remember what the exact condition was, but it cleared up anyway with medication. That's how I know they do this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It got deleted D:
That... happens? Why? Did the thread have anything inappropriate in it?
Did Hawkian ever post more entries in the RPG story?
Can he post them up on the website?
Hawkian is scrambling to do both! I very much apologize for the delay. I couldn't really explain what's been taking up most of my time without getting crazy personal but suffice it do say the last two weeks have been a little unexpected.

Anyway, I've been trying to make it nice and modular and incorporate everything on the site in a way that has been very fun to code but I'm sorry it's taking so long. Here's a screenshot just to prove I actually am working on it:
yeTxr.png

Which reminds me, I need Lissar and Tence to name these pictures if they haven't yet (for captions etc)t:
prologueillo.jpg

BMforest.png

Course with Lissar being whisked off to Germany I might not hear from her for a few :p

Probably isn't the most surreal in that sense though. Eye surgery and brain surgery are two instances where they tend to keep you awake during the procedure. Imagine sitting there with your eyes popped out of their socket, still being able to see. Or them taking off the top of your skull and messing around with your brain while you're sitting there. :/

The eye thing would be pretty cool. You know, I'm thinking we have less than a hundred fifty years before we can hook up wireless bypasses from the eye to the chiasm (or do total replacement, for that matter). Then we'll be able to do the Babylon 5 G'Kar thing with the leaving the eye behind and using it to spy on friends and family.

Bonus: wireless intercept to insert adverts to the eyestream! :D

"Only on TV and radio. And in magazines and movies and at ball games and on buses and milk cartons and T-shirts and written in the sky. But not in dreams. No, sir-ee!"

Which reminds me, I need Lissar and Tence to name these pictures if they haven't yet (for captions etc)t:

Lissar has some pretty impressive variety in book sizes there. I dare say Tolkein would be jealous.

Davedough

Hawkian is scrambling to do both! I very much apologize for the delay. I couldn't really explain what's been taking up most of my time without getting crazy personal but suffice it do say the last two weeks have been a little unexpected.

Uh oh. Are you going to keep the baby?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Things would be so much simpler if the little guy didn't have blue skin or claws. And I wish he'd stop teleporting all over the place!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I don't think they need captions. The caption is the story!
Well, I don't really mean they need in-text captions (although I was gonna give credit there too!)- just names for the pieces. So they can be spotlighted outside of the Chapters as well, you see
Ng7UL.png

A mysterious stranger in the forest
How about just "A Mysterious Stranger"? :D

OH and Dave, where was that 360 cover art you made once upon a time? I can't find it!

RawPower

Banned
It seems as though I have a creeper on Facebook.

Win.

Edit: Also, I think the PSN version of Symphony of the Night is broken somehow. The wolf won't swim in this version, and the map is alluding to rooms that don't even exist. How am I gonna get 200.6 percent castle coverage with this setback, huh? D:

Chuckie

It seems as though I have a creeper on Facebook.

Win.

Edit: Also, I think the PSN version of Symphony of the Night is broken somehow. The wolf won't swim in this version, and the map is alluding to rooms that don't even exist. How am I gonna get 200.6 percent castle coverage with this setback, huh? D:

A creeper in what way?

She's subscribed to my updates, but she's not on my friend list. Also, I've never even seen her before in my life, we have no mutual friends, etc. She's a complete stranger.

It could be a robot. I periodically adjust my social media usage based on number of apparent bikini girls who start friending me. It's an inverse relationship. This is one of the primary reasons that I stopped using MySpace almost immediately after creating an account out of curiosity.

The other reason is that they didn't have a method for distinguishing between "a commercially-oriented musical group" and "a person who actually wants to be your friend".

Chuckie

She's subscribed to my updates, but she's not on my friend list. Also, I've never even seen her before in my life, we have no mutual friends, etc. She's a complete stranger.

She never send you a friend-request? Because in doing so she would also auto-subscribe to you. How did you find out? Can you see who is suscribed to you?

Tell me how... I wanna know if I have some hot stalker girls.

RawPower

Banned
She never send you a friend-request? Because in doing so she would also auto-subscribe to you. How did you find out? Can you see who is suscribed to you?

No, she didn't. And you have to be accepted before you can see anything of theirs, I believe.

Davedough

I'm not hot nor am I a girl, but a I am stalking you.

We try our best.

It's good, because I've watched about five episodes of RAW in the last two or three years, generally because I'm at a friend's house and have no choice, but I've indirectly experienced thirty or forty, and those have been incredibly fun.

Oh, wait, is it still in OT? I didn't actually know; I thought it was just the best thread in Community

go to your page and click on subscriptions. I think I had a couple, but it creeped me out so I turned it off for people I'm not friends with. Oh, be careful. If you unfriend someone they are still subscribed to you unless you delete that too.

RawPower

Banned
I feel like a creeper 'cause a guy hasn't accepted my friend request but I'm subscribed to him.

I hope he accepts soon :(

A lot of the requests I've sent out were never accepted. Some people just don't like me I guess, even though they're always amiable when I speak to them in person.

People are weird like that.

A lot of the requests I've sent out were never accepted. Some people just don't like me I guess, even though they're always amiable when I speak to them in person.

People are weird like that.

I just forget to check that kind of thing. Usually there's no notification and I just forget I sent the request out. Awkward thing though, is a couple of times I forget that they've said no and try to friend request them again =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom