• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

LB1.jpg

LB2.jpg

LB3.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
what's up with the green blob

edit: Love how the wii balance board is once again completely recognizable as a wii balance board ahahha

Davedough

You know, I really hate that this thread has been moved to a sub-forum and SecondApps hasn't updated. I haven't been able to see this thread all weekend because my phone doesn't show it. =(

Anyway, how's everyone doin?

I shaved my moustache off and have a cat scratch across my nose. Thats about all that's new with me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You know, I really hate that this thread has been moved to a sub-forum and SecondApps hasn't updated. I haven't been able to see this thread all weekend because my phone doesn't show it. =(

I shaved my moustache off and have a cat scratch across my nose. Thats about all that's new with me.
Secondapps: That's driving me nuts too.

Doin': Middle-school drama and its aftermath are the driving force in my life at the moment.

Cat scratch: Ow, your nose. Why no more moustache?

leadbelly

Banned

I have a green blob.

Davedough

Secondapps: That's driving me nuts too.

Doin': Middle-school drama and its aftermath are the driving force in my life at the moment.

Cat scratch: Ow, your nose. Why no more moustache?

Wanted a change and felt like annoying my wife... I'm not completely facialhairless, but I'm close. I should pic it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did you have to actually use it? :|
I like it too

Be proud of what you are.

Just got back from lunch and follow-up with now-friend-girl. Didn't go as horribly as it could've. She still wants to hang out often as friends which I very much hope I am capable of. It's particularly difficult to imagine ever not liking her anymore; but in the meantime, I suppose the best I can do is keep my mind off it.

Hm. Engineering dep't at this here workplace did half of the electrical work for the new A/C unit in my server room. Somehow, electricity to the old A/C unit broke, leaving the room with $100K worth of toys eventually at over a hundred degrees this weekend.

The electrical guys, though, tell me that it's impossible for their electrical work to have had any effect on the electricals of that other item in the same tiny room.

Ah, the older A/C is on again. It's only a three hour turnaround when the catastrophe is past tense.

I like it too

Be proud of what you are.

Just got back from lunch and follow-up with now-friend-girl. Didn't go as horribly as it could've. She still wants to hang out often as friends which I very much hope I am capable of. It's particularly difficult to imagine ever not liking her anymore; but in the meantime, I suppose the best I can do is keep my mind off it.

Big congrats, Hawk! New friends are always an awesome thing to have. :)

Here's something that's getting a tad trying: My alma mater SF&F convention has been shifting very strongly in the anime direction. This in itself is not an issue. I tend to do a lot of things that I personally view as fun, such as stiltwalking and hula hooping, throughout much of the weekend.

I get approached by girls frequently, and they're all excited to meet me and beaming to chat with me. This in itself is not an issue.

They get all in my personal space. This in itself is not an issue.

They are almost always physically fit (or at least not very unheathy), especially since my particular interests that bring them over tend to be rather exercisey in nature. This in itself is not an issue.

They very often are wearing ... not a lot. This in itself is not an issue.

Their ages almost always start with the number "1". This is the part that I have qualms with.

It seems that my particular interests tend not to line up with any girls who are twenty years or more old. And I have to train myself to instantly switch tracks from "Wow, this girl has a pretty good looking abdomen and/or a rather large chest measurement for her height and can keep up an interesting conversation" all the way over to "Huh, this kid whom I'm not interested in at all just used one of the following red alert terms: my mom; track team; Naruto; I'm older than I look". The last term only recently added to my vernacular for "not old enough", as I'm finding that girls who look like they're in their low to mid 20s will turn out to be in their high teens if they say that people always tell them that they look younger than they are.

tl;dr: Exercise-oriented fun activities do not seem to appeal to girl geeks in their twenties and thirties. I am cursed but luckily am able to keep the ... mini-creepettes at bay.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Big congrats, Hawk! New friends are always an awesome thing to have. :)
Lol, are you mocking me, whore?
Stay busy, and you should avoid her as much as you can until you're over her, it will just drive you crazy otherwise.
Yeah... I am a little worried about this. Last having seen her naked 5 days ago and all...
tl;dr: young, attractive girls won't stop paying me attention, please please help
fixed that for you -_-

No. A lot of girls I meet become just friends. That's a good thing. Friends are awesome, even when I'm not having sex with them (or whatever it is you'd like to do with them -- I'm sadly no longer a romantic at heart, so I don't get the other stuff). Sharing cool experiences with masses of people is equally as fun at physical intimacy without the annoying physical exertion.

This is not a joke or anything. That's just how I feel. I do wish that I didn't have a stupidly mammoth sex drive (that doesn't get filled nearly often enough), because it keeps messing with my plans and getting me all annoyed at things that I shouldn't get annoyed at.

fixed that for you -_-

Pah, that's the silver lining for which the cloud is "Hey, I can look at girls that I can never, ever touch without big scary momzillas coming to beat me up or without dramatically reducing my integrity and sense of responsibility".

also: under 20 year old girls come in two flavours typically: Girls who stay away from everyone because they're terrified of (or annoyed at) creepers, and girls who aren't interested in anything except for the explicit reasons they name, like trying out your stilts or talking about how awesome Homestuck is. The latter group just doesn't realize that they're actually doing what is called creepering when guys do it.

RawPower

Banned
Thanks GW.

I hope that even when I'm in my thirties, I'll still resemble a guy in his early or mid 20's. I want to look young for a long time.

He has trouble with reading comprehension issues (see previous example with Shan). =P

He's missing the context of 'I have a new friend' being '... who was very recently my lover/girlfriend'.

Yeah... I am a little worried about this. Last having seen her naked 5 days ago and all...

Never found that that caused problems, (though don't have sex with someone you are trying to get over), more the emotional neediness that interactions would cause: "I'm getting better, I'm getting better, [some form of interaction], OMG I AM STILL IN LOVE WAAAAAAAAH".

That was my experience with someone I didn't want to be broken up with.

Another ex- and I hung out post-breakup pretty quickly, since it wasn't a long relationship and the breakup was easily accepted by both of us.

tl;dr: Exercise-oriented fun activities do not seem to appeal to girl geeks in their twenties and thirties. I am cursed but luckily am able to keep the ... mini-creepettes at bay.

My partner (30) loves things like that. Unfortunately for you, she hates people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No. A lot of girls I meet become just friends. That's a good thing. Friends are awesome, even when I'm not having sex with them (or whatever it is you'd like to do with them -- I'm sadly no longer a romantic at heart, so I don't get the other stuff). Sharing cool experiences with masses of people is equally as fun at physical intimacy without the annoying physical exertion.
Oh, okay, sorry for misinterpreting you. I'm glad you weren't being sarcastic in that things weren't going exactly as I'd hoped :p In this specific case though, this girl is my second-oldest friend in the world. We've been close most of our lives; she's the last person I'd ever describe as a "new friend." And I on the other hand remain a deeply idealistic romantic at heart, to my folly and shame.

This is not a joke or anything. That's just how I feel. I do wish that I didn't have a stupidly mammoth sex drive (that doesn't get filled nearly often enough), because it keeps messing with my plans and getting me all annoyed at things that I shouldn't get annoyed at.
Certainly here with an epic brofist on this one.
Pah, that's the silver lining for which the cloud is "Hey, I can look at girls that I can never, ever touch without big scary momzillas coming to beat me up or without dramatically reducing my integrity and sense of responsibility".
Well maintaining your integrity and responsibility I can understand, but seeing as how you appear to be mainly interested in the sex nonetheless, maybe just invest in a good momzilla shield and take your chances once in a while! :D

He has trouble with reading comprehension issues (see previous example with Shan). =P

He's missing the context of 'I have a new friend' being '... who was very recently my lover/girlfriend'.
hahaha ah, gotcha

Never found that that caused problems, (though don't have sex with someone you are trying to get over), more the emotional neediness that interactions would cause: "I'm getting better, I'm getting better, [some form of interaction], OMG I AM STILL IN LOVE WAAAAAAAAH".

That was my experience with someone I didn't want to be broken up with.

Another ex- and I hung out post-breakup pretty quickly, since it wasn't a long relationship and the breakup was easily accepted by both of us.
This is good stuff to keep in mind, thank you. Bizarrely, in my imagination it's the sexual aspect that will be more difficult to deal with when I'm around her physically, the emotional aspect more difficult when I'm just alone/mind wandering. But I should prepare for all inevitable possibilities :p

....oh, snap. I thought the context was "I had a date with a new person and it turned out we make good friends instead of anything further". I did not realize it was an existing relationship shift. I would have been more tactful otherwise.

edit:

Hawkian said:
In this specific case though, this girl is my second-oldest friend in the world. We've been close most of our lives; she's the last person I'd ever describe as a "new friend."

I think I actually miscontextualized it twice. Interpersonal connections are remarkably hard to grok*.

And I on the other hand remain a deeply idealistic romantic at heart, to my folly and shame

Your poetry will forever be superior to my poetry.

* fun word; I didn't even care for the book, but I use it

This is good stuff to keep in mind, thank you. Bizarrely, in my imagination it's the sexual aspect that will be more difficult to deal with when I'm around her physically, the emotional aspect more difficult when I'm just alone/mind wandering. But I should prepare for all inevitable possibilities :p

Well, things will indeed pop-up when you're together, but the lust will probably fade pretty fast afterwards. The emotional side lingers longer (and made worse by actually having sex).

As for the alone time: don't be alone, and heavily involve yourself in work/school/hobby projects.

Advice from my neuroscientist friend (following her divorce): random sex is good.

I would have been more tactful otherwise.

It was entertaining for the rest of us (I speak for everyone).

Thanks GW.

I hope that even when I'm in my thirties, I'll still resemble a guy in his early or mid 20's. I want to look young for a long time.

Turns out all you have to do is respect your body and avoid excesses of any sort. Well, sexcesses are okay.

No, I don't get an excess of that, either.

But I notice every little wrinkle, crag and ache.

edit: That's not all you have to do. Sometimes, bad things happen. But being good to yourself is just generally a great idea.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, things will indeed pop-up when you're together, but the lust will probably fade pretty fast afterwards. The emotional side lingers longer (and made worse by actually having sex).

As for the alone time: don't be alone, and heavily involve yourself in work/school/hobby projects.
True. I'm specifically going to be focusing on my job, improving my fitness, my music/recording, and playing through my backlog of games.

Here's the kicker (well, one of like a hundred, and now I am slowly veering into the aspects of this story I can't talk about) though: twice a week she works in the same office as me
KuGsj.gif

And yet! I shall not be defeated by despair! Let the trials and tribulations come!

Advice from my neuroscientist friend (following her divorce): random sex is good.
...is she cute?

At 31, I'm noticing small bits of grey hair, and just last night I plucked some hair from my ears. I frequently feel hangovers the night-of instead of the morning after, and sometimes I ache when I move.

...is she cute?

All of my friends are smart and attractive and their children are all above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom