• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Damn English for having a lexical gap for a word meaning something that is both creepy and cute at the same time.

I'm going to make one!

Choomiable. Yes/yes?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn English for having a lexical gap for a word meaning something that is both creepy and cute at the same time.

I'm going to make one!

Choomiable. Yes/yes?
Choomiable...

Boy, Babette in the Dark Brotherhood sure is choomiable.

Hmm, I don't know.

Davedough

I'm going to make one!

Choomiable. Yes/yes?

Depends on the context. Although, first thought was an over active otaku screaming out "Kwaii!!!!! Ban-chan is SOOOOO choomiable" which is most definitely creepy.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
No choomiable? :<

And why NOT have one word to describe things? Having variety is what keeps language interesting :O

I was just thinking of this character:

And wanting a word to describe him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I started to do some research to help a scholar out on this most important of questions

then I stopped

BE SUBJECTED TO THE SAME HORRORS AS I MY FRIENDS
S1eJf.jpg

I think the problem with "choomiable" is that it implies "something that is able to be choomed" and I dunno how that relates, mostly because I don't know what chooming is, though I'm willing to learn.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hm, that's a good point. I was mostly just trying to make it sound like adorable without thinking of its various parts.

I suppose it could be choomy. But now that I think about it that sounds a bit too much like chewy. I don't want to eat these things.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
No. :|

Um... woomsy?

You can see I seem to be set on having "oo" somewhere in there.

I probably shouldn't be thinking of these things when I'm about to collapse into bed. Or perhaps that is the best time?

Davedough

No. :|

Um... woomsy?

You can see I seem to be set on having "oo" somewhere in there.

I probably shouldn't be thinking of these things when I'm about to collapse into bed. Or perhaps that is the best time?

Woomsy makes me think of the sickeningly sweet things newlyweds say to each other. "My little woomsy moomsy cuddles wuddles"

Here's something that's getting a tad trying: My alma mater SF&F convention has been shifting very strongly in the anime direction. This in itself is not an issue. I tend to do a lot of things that I personally view as fun, such as stiltwalking and hula hooping, throughout much of the weekend.

I get approached by girls frequently, and they're all excited to meet me and beaming to chat with me. This in itself is not an issue.

They get all in my personal space. This in itself is not an issue.

They are almost always physically fit (or at least not very unheathy), especially since my particular interests that bring them over tend to be rather exercisey in nature. This in itself is not an issue.

They very often are wearing ... not a lot. This in itself is not an issue.

Their ages almost always start with the number "1". This is the part that I have qualms with.

It seems that my particular interests tend not to line up with any girls who are twenty years or more old. And I have to train myself to instantly switch tracks from "Wow, this girl has a pretty good looking abdomen and/or a rather large chest measurement for her height and can keep up an interesting conversation" all the way over to "Huh, this kid whom I'm not interested in at all just used one of the following red alert terms: my mom; track team; Naruto; I'm older than I look". The last term only recently added to my vernacular for "not old enough", as I'm finding that girls who look like they're in their low to mid 20s will turn out to be in their high teens if they say that people always tell them that they look younger than they are.

tl;dr: Exercise-oriented fun activities do not seem to appeal to girl geeks in their twenties and thirties. I am cursed but luckily am able to keep the ... mini-creepettes at bay.

...can I swap with you? I'm 20 so it wouldn't be too weird >_>

I don't know how old I look. I'm terrible at associating ages with people. Like I have no idea.

I want to watch the new Game of Thrones but my dad doesn't, and he clearly gets TV control D:

leadbelly

Banned
Hm, that's a good point. I was mostly just trying to make it sound like adorable without thinking of its various parts.

I suppose it could be choomy. But now that I think about it that sounds a bit too much like chewy. I don't want to eat these things.

I think my avatar is a bit choomy.

leadbelly

Banned
Whenever I look at your avatar, I get a massive choom.

And actually, you still haven't told me what the hell that game you gifted me is? I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm guessing it is a beta of some sort, but it's quite a big download.

I only play games with incredible choom. How much choom would you say this game has got?

Davedough

And actually, you still haven't told me what the hell that game you gifted me is? I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm guessing it is a beta of some sort, but it's quite a big download.

I play games with incredible choom. How much choom would say this game has got?

Yes, its beta. I had 5 extra invites and I picked people at random for gifts.

Think Team Fortress 2 but set in a different environment and thats what that game is.

leadbelly

Banned
Yes, its beta. I had 5 extra invites and I picked people at random for gifts.

Think Team Fortress 2 but set in a different environment and thats what that game is.

Okay, so there are different classes you can have. Could be interesting.

How much do you play it? I may join a game with you. I'll show you my amazing choom.

If you have a computer you can watch it on the HBOGO website. My DVR decided to not record it last night so that's what I had to resort to.

UK :(

EDIT: So I've just seen this. I'm really tempted to apply, 'cause experience in the gaming industry seems to be ridiculously important, and it seems to be really rare to find anything for graduates. Plus I'm friends with someone who's friends with a guy who works there (friend = guitarist of Above Them, guy who works there = singer/guitarist of Above Them), so that'd be pretty cool.

...time to get on the old CV/covering letter thing.

EDIT2: Well hey, DECK'ARD is the creator of Worms.

Time to make a new friend.

What is chooooom ? ;.;

At 31, I'm noticing small bits of grey hair, and just last night I plucked some hair from my ears. I frequently feel hangovers the night-of instead of the morning after, and sometimes I ache when I move.

Don't feel too bad. One of my friends has grey hair at 22. Heat packs and water will solve everything else.

Ohhh, goodness. I just gave a $5k hunk of cash to my Mortgage Masters after saving up in very bizarre and probably unhealthy ways. FIrst time I've been able to pay directly into the principle of that loan. I am now worth roughly negative one hundred thousand dollars. Excellent step in the right direction.

What would you guys suggest for someone who has an enormous backlog spanning every post 8-bit generation and limited cash?

Does that count the Master Race class of games? Because it's always time for Civ
and Nethack

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Triffly?

Anyway, since I received Trine 2 now I have a giftable copy of Trine on Steam. Anyone want it but not have it? I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't have it but would enjoy it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Trine's great. I haven't beaten it.

It goes like this

you warrior and then you thief and then you wizard and then you warrior and then you wizard and then you thief and then you wizard and then you warrior!

Trine's great. I haven't beaten it.

It goes like this

you warrior and then you thief and then you wizard and then you warrior and then you wizard and then you thief and then you wizard and then you warrior!
Bah, you're just playing along now. "Trine" is just another of Lissar's fake words, like "giftable". I mean, come on, how would one even start making a table out of gifs??

edit: hey, wait, is that a real pic again?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Bah, you're just playing along now. "Trine" is just another of Lissar's fake words, like "giftable". I mean, come on, how would one even start making a table out of gifs??

edit: hey, wait, is that a real pic again?

If they were in boxes, it would be pretty easy to make a table out of them! Perhaps not too stable, but who needs stability, amirite?

Real pic? Where? *looks around*

Dont you always, didnt know you were a swinger though.

Um... shwing?

RawPower

Banned
Looks like I'm sending my Wii in tomorrow, except now I've discovered a new problem. I replaced the batteries in my Wii remote with brand new ones, only to have the remote drain away the life of the batteries almost immediately after I put them in. This isn't right, so do I ask Nintendo to fix that too?

leadbelly

Banned
I haven't got Trine, but I'm not sure if I would end up playing it anyway. I have so many games I haven't played yet. Trine doesn't excite me enough for me to play it over other games.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
  • oh my god i am so tired
  • i can't even

Looks like I'm sending my Wii in tomorrow, except now I've discovered a new problem. I replaced the batteries in my Wii remote with brand new ones, only to have the remote drain away the life of the batteries almost immediately after I put them in. This isn't right, so do I ask Nintendo to fix that too?
never heard of that kind of sort of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom