• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

Well yeah. Everything seems to have an element of Uncharted in it these days. The funny thing is, Uncharted is one of the most unoriginal games out there. The gameplay is just a mixture of elements from other games.

Yeah I am no fan of uncharted at all.

When I play Star Wars I wanna cut shit up with a lightsaber, force choke or fly a TIE Fighter, so I don't think this game is for me.

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah I am no fan of uncharted at all.

When I play Star Wars I wanna cut shit up with a lightsaber, force choke or fly a TIE Fighter, so I don't think this game is for me.

Actually I do like Uncharted. It's just that it doesn't do anything particularly new for the most part. What it does do it does well though.

The only games I've seen that I like are Assassin's Creed 3 and the Vita AC.

Save video games, Nintendo!

But D:

Rayman%20Legends.jpg

Chuckie

Actually I do like Uncharted. It's just that it doesn't do anything particularly new for the most part. What it does do it does well though.

The whole world loves Uncharted. I don't though :(

Star Wars games I really liked: X-Wing vs TIE-Fighter, Rogue Squadron II, KotOR 1 and 2, LEGO Star Wars 1 and 2.

Star Wars 1313 doesn't seem to fit in there ;)

Because I always forget how much I hate E3 until it starts.

Get a tattoo reminding yourself you like japanese games, indie games, nintendo games not setting out to appeal to the casual market and that E3 offers close to none of those.

Also I wasn't ever really excited for E3 this year, but actually watching it, it still managed to disappoint me even with my low expectations.

The only annoying thing about this year's E3 are the people claiming "gaming is dead/gaming will suck this gen/etc" people in every thread on gaming side.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know, as far as I'm concerned this was The Ubisoft Show.

Nintendo was like "we're all great all of this stuff is going to be great expect greatness!" and I am sure this was accurate, and greatness shall be had. It's all good. I wasn't unimpressed with anything. Just... almost unnecessary to even have the show.

The Last of Us looks amazing but basically exactly as amazing as I expected. Dishonored looks stupendous but I knew I'd love it from the descriptions and the Bethesda.

But ACIII really shocked me at just how well they pulled it off and all the potential of the setting. I"ve always wanted a unique game set in the American Revolution and never would have expected it to be an Assassin's Creed (plus, I somehow now want a Vita for the totally unique counterpart game... how did they do that).

Watch Dogs is basically the most shocking presentation of a new IP I've ever seen. Just a perfectly executed demo needing no explanation beyond what you see on the screen, and a very compelling argument for "don't get jaded yet- AAA titles can still surprise you, motherfucker." That's what you show at E3.

Halo 4, all the modern warfare games, God of War, Gears of War, it all looks just dandy, and I'm sure they'll get great scores on Metacritic and sell zillions of copies. How can I bring myself to care about them being presented in this venue?

In my opinion which is right, E3 should be an opportunity to stun your fans and the press at the same time, to remind them why they get excited about videogames in the first place, not just to remind them that they're still good at making things we already like.

Avatar's are back on. It took me a while to notice.

As for e3, I mean new consoles are two years or so ahead. A lot of devs are probably gearing up for it, but they don't want to slow current sales with hype about new games just yet.

leadbelly

Banned
I don't know, as far as I'm concerned this was The Ubisoft Show.

Nintendo was like "we're all great all of this stuff is going to be great expect greatness!" and I am sure this was accurate, and greatness shall be had. It's all good. I wasn't unimpressed with anything. Just... almost unnecessary to even have the show.

The Last of Us looks amazing but basically exactly as amazing as I expected. Dishonored looks stupendous but I knew I'd love it from the descriptions and the Bethesda.

But ACIII really shocked me at just how well they pulled it off and all the potential of the setting. I"ve always wanted a unique game set in the American Revolution and never would have expected it to be an Assassin's Creed (plus, I somehow now want a Vita for the totally unique counterpart game... how did they do that).

Watch Dogs is basically the most shocking presentation of a new IP I've ever seen. Just a perfectly executed demo needing no explanation beyond what you see on the screen, and a very compelling argument for "don't get jaded yet- AAA titles can still surprise you, motherfucker." That's what you show at E3.

Halo 4, all the modern warfare games, God of War, Gears of War, it all looks just dandy, and I'm sure they'll get great scores on Metacritic and sell zillions of copies. How can I bring myself to care about them being presented in this venue?

In my opinion which is right, E3 should be an opportunity to stun your fans and the press at the same time, to remind them why they get excited about videogames in the first place, not just to remind them that they're still good at making things we already like.

Yeah I agree with you for the most part. Watch Dogs was game of E3 for me - just because it was the only game that genuinely surprised me. Of course we haven't seen enough of the game to know how good it will be come launch, but in terms of presentation it blew me away. Watch Dogs epitomises what E3 is all about and should be about. It is there to showcase and garner excitement for upcoming titles. This is the game everyone hopes to see at E3. You watch the conferences hoping for these sort of surprises.

Can you believe I fell asleep just before the Nintendo conference? From what I have heard, I didn't miss much though.

leadbelly

Banned
thats EXACTLY what I thought of when watching the Watch Dogs demo. There's no way I'm ready to hype myself up for that game until I see more

True. It didn't turn out to be quite as great as the initial demo made it seem, but of course the games improved.

The one thing the game has in its favour though is it is coming out towards the end of the cycle. They have a better understanding now (you would assume) of what works and what doesn't. All the experience they have at Ubisoft with previous open-world titles should benefit them in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom