• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Most of the games I want are in Japanese>< so I don't know If they'd be on the psn.

I'm studying for an exam in a little study room at uni, and there's two other girls in here who won't stop talking. At first it was study related, and that was fine, but now it's more like "omg, did you see the photo I tagged Jess in at the party last night?". But they were here before me so I don't know If I can rightfully ask them to pipe down. Also I'm super nervous :s

You're thinking about it too much! Just walk over to them, keep a smile on, and ask them if they could keep it down a little.

It might sound slightly rude to them but your intentions are good so fuck it.

Emitan

called the shipping company

apparently its just been sitting in the hub these past two days and they never actually put it on the truck

lying bastards

leadbelly

Banned
called the shipping company

apparently its just been sitting in the hub these past two days and they never actually put it on the truck

lying bastards

I guess they were still deciding whether to send it or just carry on playing on it at lunch. I think they probably just lost interest after a 40" HDTV and 360 games console reached the depo.

LISSAR YOU ARE AMAZING THIS IS THE BEST EEEE!!!!

You're thinking about it too much! Just walk over to them, keep a smile on, and ask them if they could keep it down a little.

It might sound slightly rude to them but your intentions are good so fuck it.

Thankfully they went quiet on their own. Maybe they were gaffers O_O

You are the WORST professor.

I have this handy image in case we need to visually represent ProfessorBeef

wCvIq.png

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I've also being listening to the China ones, but I really want to start listening to the Greek ones too (since I've been reading books on ancient Greece.)

Also:

1760583.jpg

Davedough

Shouldn't by that logic we be having a learning party?

It is quite detrimental to the human existence that we do NOT have a learning party. I'll explain.

Learning is fun.

Parties are fun.

That's fun to the power of 2.

With double the power of fun stuffed into one event, the fun quotent will overload. Since it has no where to go, the only logical theory is that it will rip a hole in the space/time/fun continuum and we'd all be sucked into the hole.

The last recorded instance of a learning party was aboard a riverboat cruise. The outcome was devistating.

tqL1A.jpg

Please, for the love of all that's holey (see what I did there?) do not have a learning party. Think of the CHILDREN!

leadbelly

Banned
You guys don't wanna learn?

*sniff* *sniffle* :<

Well that all depends what we're learning lissar. If lets say we're learning how to limbo on a beautiful white sandy beach, at dusk, in the Caribbean, with music, and cocktails, well, that's fine lissar, that's fine!

Learning 'Linguistics & Semantics' doesn't involve Salsa music and women in bikinis, so no, I'm not interested in your learning site lissar!

You guys don't wanna learn?

*sniff* *sniffle* :<

You might have more of a positive reaction if you turn the process of learning into a reality show concept. Although I'd be lying if I told you I'd watch that.

Or perhaps academia could take a page from wikipedia and turn every other word in their articles into a hyperlink to another article. It'd be educational and provide us ADHD-ridden folks with something to do other than paying attention to the actual content.

I should be designing and implementing a key functionality to the software that I'm working on right now. I've just spent the last three hours browsing GAF while this task lies several days behind schedule.

Whenever I have trouble trying to conceptualize the desired behavior of the code, my mind completely shuts down after half an hour and goes "oh hay vidya gaems".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've just started taking melatonin. Seems like it might work. Although nothing can help with a night like last night...

Yeah, melatonin is great when it works. But sometimes I'm too stupid for my own good.

Why did I have to watch one
five/six
episode/s of Burn Notice "before going to bed"?

dralla

melatonin is great. I've been taking it for a few months now and it's helped me so much. it also gives you more vivid dreams, which is a nice side effect. I take 6mg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Just remember this, guys: when you play video games, you're learning stuff. :O OH SNAP.

My dreams have always been vivid and weird. Because of this, I have a love/hate relationship with sleeping. It's not that the dreams are bad (I even find my nightmares more entertaining than not) it's just that I feel I'm wasting time by sleeping and waking up is the most awful feeling. :|

Just remember this, guys: when you play video games, you're learning stuff. :O OH SNAP.

My dreams have always been vivid and weird. Because of this, I have a love/hate relationship with sleeping. It's not that the dreams are bad (I even find my nightmares more entertaining than not) it's just that I feel I'm wasting time by sleeping and waking up is the most awful feeling. :|

Eating, sleeping, is there any bodily requirement you dont hate?

Emitan

Dreams can be productive! I've solved problems with my code in dreams and then woke up and wrote that solution in and my program works! Yay!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Eating, sleeping, is there any bodily requirement you dont hate?

Not really.

Except for being active, I love that. But otherwise, I'm much more a PERSON OF THE MIND.

UPS decided to forgo knocking at the door and just left a missed delivery notice. Given that no one will be here tomorrow, that's a bit of an issue, but I was able to have them hold it at their center. Ugh, as long as I get it tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom