• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead.

leadbelly

Banned
Crysis 2 for £7.49. Looks like that's another game for my collection. :/

Edit: Someone called FyreWulff trying to add me. Does anyone know who this person is?

Edit edit: Is Assassin's Creed Revelations worth buying at all? It's currently selling for £10.

Emitan

buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead. buy walking dead.

but i have so many other games to play ;~;

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Edit edit: Is Assassin's Creed Revelations worth buying at all? It's currently selling for £10.
It's quite simple: Have you liked all the Assassin's Creed games? Then it's beyond worth it.
Have you not liked any of the Assassin's Creed games? It's not even close to worth it.

Did you like some but not others? Well, how much of an impact does $10 (or assume I was able to make the pound symbol) make to your daily life? :)

leadbelly

Banned
It's quite simple: Have you liked all the Assassin's Creed games? Then it's beyond worth it.
Have you not liked any of the Assassin's Creed games? It's not even close to worth it.

Did you like some but not others? Well, how much of an impact does $10 (or assume I was able to make the pound symbol) make to your daily life? :)

lol

I'm still playing through the first game. I started playing it last year and then moved on to other games. I've only just started playing it again. I plan to play through each game back to back. However, people have said Revelations is utter crap and not really worth buying. It doesn't really add anything to the story.

£10 isn't a huge amount of money for me, but it is more in terms of whether the game is actually worth that sum of money. I don't really want to spend £10 on a game that I'm just not going to play at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not deep enough into it to say whether or not it adds significantly to the story, but in terms of gameplay and polish it is clearly the best one to me. I think describing it as "utter crap" is layering a ludicrous standard of quality onto the landscape of modern gaming... it isn't a massive jump forward for the series as we certainly hope ACIII to be, but it's a blast and there's plenty of new stuff to play with if you like what you've seen so far.

I payed $20 for it and I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

....no.

Emitan

I'm not deep enough into it to say whether or not it adds significantly to the story, but in terms of gameplay and polish it is clearly the best one to me. I think describing it as "utter crap" is layering a ludicrous standard of quality onto the landscape of modern gaming... it isn't a massive jump forward for the series as we certainly hope ACIII to be, but it's a blast and there's plenty of new stuff to play with if you like what you've seen so far.

I payed $20 for it and I feel I've gotten my money's worth.
Is it at least better than mediocre Brotherhood?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is it at least better than mediocre Brotherhood?
:lol

Again, it's too early to tell which I like better, but consensus would appear to be that gameplay is enhanced while Brotherhood advanced the storyline more. But I didn't find Brotherhood to be mediocre. We're talking about a game with a 90% Metacritic here.

Maybe I'm just a less-critical-than-average gamer :'(

edit: I should clarify- Assassin's Creed 1 feels almost literally like a tech demo compared to ACII. There's nothing like as big of a jump as that one between II and either of the Ezio sequels.

dralla

I remember getting BH on sale for $20, sitting down and playing 12 hours straight (food and bathroom breaks). It lacked the high profile assassinations of 1 and 2, but the borgia towers/captains were friggin incredible, so much freedom to take them out. Also the way they tied all the side missions into the main story was brilliant, I wish every open world game did that. I liked the crazy story of AC2 and Venice is probably my favorite city in an open world game ever, but BH is so much more well rounded, and the poison darts! I love me some poison darts..

Emitan

Opinions~

I feel like mechanically and controls wise it was obviously a B-Team effort and the mission design wasn't as good.

leadbelly

Banned
:lol

Again, it's too early to tell which I like better, but consensus would appear to be that gameplay is enhanced while Brotherhood advanced the storyline more. But I didn't find Brotherhood to be mediocre. We're talking about a game with a 90% Metacritic here.

Maybe I'm just a less-critical-than-average gamer :'(

edit: I should clarify- Assassin's Creed 1 feels almost literally like a tech demo compared to ACII. There's nothing like as big of a jump as that one between II and either of the Ezio sequels.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed 1 and it is really repetitive. You're just doing the same thing over and over again. Just want to get it out of the way really.

I heard from some people in the enthusiast press that revelations is just filler really until 3 comes out. Actually davedough told me it is not worth buying as well.

Davedough

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed 1 and it is really repetitive. You're just doing the same thing over and over again. Just want to get it out of the way really.

I heard from some people in the enthusiast press that revelations is just filler really until 3 comes out. Actually davedough told me it is not worth buying as well.

You shouldn't listen to that guy, he's a liar and a cheat.

leadbelly

Banned
Gonna have to agree here. The episodes are short, but they're enthralling. I really enjoy it... and yes, I've watched the show and read the comic books up to the current volume.

I see you like it so much you even made a comment. Exactly how short are the episodes? How long will it take to complete the whole season?

I noticed you're purchasing a 'season pass' for the game. So that, I assume, means you'll have to pay again for the next 5 episodes.

Davedough

I see you like it so much you even made a comment. Exactly how short are the episodes? How long will it take to complete the whole season?

I noticed you're purchasing a 'season pass' for the game. So that, I assume, means you'll have to pay again for the next 5 episodes.

Any way you slice it, you're going to take approximately 2 hours to burn through an episode. All together, that means the game will be a 10 hour game. The entry price was $24.99, so its not really a bad return considering some other high profile games have the same play time and ask $60.

I personally didn't pay anything for the game. I'm reviewing it for a website I write for. But when you purchase the game, you subsequently get every episode as they're released for no extra charge. Although, I'm sure if they decide to do a "season 2" of the game, then you'll have to purchase the next series.

The best thing the game has going for it is the decision process. It forces you to think quickly on your feet in sometimes pretty high stress situations and your decisions to the situations have real and quite dramatic impacts on how the rest of the game plays out. I have two save files and play the episode twice over to see what the opposing decisions mean for the outcome of the story.The one thing that people may not take to is the fact that the game is one giant Quick Time Event.

leadbelly

Banned
Any way you slice it, you're going to take approximately 2 hours to burn through an episode. All together, that means the game will be a 10 hour game. The entry price was $24.99, so its not really a bad return considering some other high profile games have the same play time and ask $60.

I personally didn't pay anything for the game. I'm reviewing it for a website I write for. But when you purchase the game, you subsequently get every episode as they're released for no extra charge. Although, I'm sure if they decide to do a "season 2" of the game, then you'll have to purchase the next series.

The best thing the game has going for it is the decision process. It forces you to think quickly on your feet in sometimes pretty high stress situations and your decisions to the situations have real and quite dramatic impacts on how the rest of the game plays out. I have two save files and play the episode twice over to see what the opposing decisions mean for the outcome of the story.The one thing that people may not take to is the fact that the game is one giant Quick Time Event.

But that would mean it is just an interactive movie. Is it literally an interactive movie or do you actually have some control over what you do?

Davedough

But that would mean it is just an interactive movie. Is it literally an interactive movie or do you actually have some control over what you do?

A mixture of both. At times you control Lee, the main character and direct him where to move and what to interact with, but its in a limited capacity to the scene at which you're currently playing. Its not really on rails, but its delivered in such a way that you're presented with a scene, the plot sets up what is happening in that scene and you have to figure out, puzzle-esque, how to work your way through the scene successfully, whether that be through character dialog interactions or physical interactions such as, say, turning on a power generator or something.

leadbelly

Banned
A mixture of both. At times you control Lee, the main character and direct him where to move and what to interact with, but its in a limited capacity to the scene at which you're currently playing. Its not really on rails, but its delivered in such a way that you're presented with a scene, the plot sets up what is happening in that scene and you have to figure out, puzzle-esque, how to work your way through the scene successfully, whether that be through character dialog interactions or physical interactions such as, say, turning on a power generator or something.

Yeah. I'm not sure I want it enough to pay the current price for it. It's £5 off at the moment, but I would like it to be a little cheaper than that for me to have interest in buying it. I'll wait until the next steam sale I think.

Yeah. I'm not sure I want it enough to pay the current price for it. It's £5 off at the moment, but I would like it to be a little cheaper than that for me to have interest in buying it. I'll wait until the next steam sale I think.

A lot of the gameplay is in the interaction. Responses affect the way things play out. Plus you have to do things in real time, even with speech.

leadbelly

Banned
A lot of the gameplay is in the interaction. Responses affect the way things play out. Plus you have to do things in real time, even with speech.

I do kind of like the idea that there is a puzzle element to the game actually. I kind of miss that in games. It seems developers are more concerned about players getting stuck these days and either make the puzzles really easy, or just give you hints about what to do. Of course I don't really know how much thought you need to put in the 'puzzle-esque' gameplay (as dave puts it) but I like having puzzles in a game.

I bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from Xbox Live a few years ago and you're basically just thrown in there without any hint on what the fuck you're meant to do. I was stuck at one point for like 3 days, just walking around aimlessly. lol

I have to say though, once I figured out what I was meant to do next it felt really satisfying to me. It's just the feeling and sense of discovery in the game that is really satisfying. Not sure if the original manual had the moves in the game, but on the Xbox Live version you learn new abilities, but you are not told what they do or how to pull them off. You're just left to figure everything out for yourself.

I kind of wish games these days allowed you to actually figure things out for yourself.

Emitan

I wish Legend of Grimrock was turn based. Finished the first floor (which took 25 minutes) and wast enjoying the combat at all.

leadbelly

Banned
I wish Legend of Grimrock was turn based. Finished the first floor (which took 25 minutes) and wast enjoying the combat at all.

I bought that game also. Not played it yet though.

I noticed there is another Walking Dead game in development. This one is going to be an FPS. Apparently this game is based more on the TV series rather than the comics. The Telltale Games version is based on the comics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(2013_video_game)

Chuckie

I misread that and was totally thinking of this:

1424864-grimlock.jpg

Davedough

Just a warning for the current flash sale on Steam. Game of Thrones. Do NOT buy that game. I had to review that piece of turd and it was horrendous. It was fun seeing the story unfold from a completely different angle, but the gameplay makes you quickly forget that novelty. Avoid like the plague.

Ezalc

Just a warning for the current flash sale on Steam. Game of Thrones. Do NOT buy that game. I had to review that piece of turd and it was horrendous. It was fun seeing the story unfold from a completely different angle, but the gameplay makes you quickly forget that novelty. Avoid like the plague.

You work as a game reviewer Dave? I didn't know this.

Davedough

You work as a game reviewer Dave? I didn't know this.

You cant exactly call it work as I freelance and dont make anything off of it. I simply write as a passion for an enthusiast site that happens to get graced with review copies from some developers. Its a hobby more than anything that has the benefit of free games.

Dragon Age: Origins going pretty cheap. Yet another game added to my collection.

I also saw a review for episode 2 of The Walking Dead on gametrailers. I'm now thinking about buying the game.
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/alagdx/the-walking-dead--episode-ii-review

I don't really like the idea of paying for content that isn't finished yet though.

Dragon age is great. Really great. I hope you like it too :D

If you're concerned you can wait until the christmas sales when all the episodes will be out, but right now it feel like a pretty solid game, worth the money even if the next few episodes aren't as great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom