• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never played more than an hour of any Zelda game.
And therefore your life is incomplete. Seriously everyone should complete at least one Zelda game in their lifetime...you're just a better person for it :p

Then again I know people that have never played a mario or street fighter before...I almost want to completely disassociate myself with them...

Don't like 2D Zelda? Wtf is this shit?
I started on OoT yo. Though I don't like 2D Mario all that much either. SMW was great though. But OG Rayman is the best 2D platformer.

On the other hand, 2D Metroid is godly and miles better than 3D.

Go ahead and hate me, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

dralla

ah my new sneakers came today and they're awesome, white on white Nike Sweet Leather Classics, on sale for $45.

also, the past few days have been really, really crazy when it comes to my relationship life, just..wow, I don't even know what to say lol

Pau

And therefore your life is incomplete. Seriously everyone should complete at least one Zelda game in their lifetime...you're just a better person for it :p

Then again I know people that have never played a mario or street fighter before...I almost want to completely disassociate myself with them...
Clear I've never played Street Fighter... can we still be friends? :(

Clear I've never played Street Fighter... can we still be friends? :(

14szgat.gif

YOU'RE WRONG.

I don't like 2D Zelda that much. The Oracle games are great though.

HOME TIME! WHICH MEANS REFUSED TIME! :D

I fart in your general direction, you son of a motherless goat herder. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

I do like what the show influenced such as A bit of Fry and Laurie and Blackadder

leadbelly

Banned
I do like what the show influenced such as A bit of Fry and Laurie and Blackadder

It has influenced a lot more than that. Quite a varied amount of comedy in fact. The Simpsons and South Park for instance.

I've seen a few Monty Python gags used in the Simpsons actually.

This is a very simple Joke, but quite effective. I've seen that gag used in the Simpsons a few times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA

I can see how the show might not be to everyone's taste, but the movies are simply brilliant.

Ezalc

I do want to play a Zelda game, I love Okami and they're basically the same style of game right? I just don't know which one to start with.

Happy birthday Lissar!

It has influenced a lot more than that. Quite a varied amount of comedy in fact. The Simpsons and South Park for instance.

I've seen a few Monty Python gags used in the Simpsons actually.

This is a very simple Joke, but quite effective. I've seen that gag used in the Simpsons a few times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVygqjyS4CA

I can see how the show might not be to everyone's taste, but the movies are simply brilliant.

Monty python never gets old :p

Have you heard they were in the process of making a new film? I wonder what became of that.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Never played Zelda myself. I played whatever my brother bought me when I was young, and he was more into playstation stuff. I've played everything under the sun on PS1 and a lot on 2, but never played either Mario or Zelda or most of Nintendo stuff. I have played quite a bit of Metroid though since my guy most of them. Tbh, Metroid is more up my alley. Mario and Zelda don't seem like the kind of games that I'd be into.

Oh, it's Lissar's birthday? Happy birthday, girl, have a great one. :D

Pau

How have you not played a Marvel Vs. Street Fighter/capcom out of mere curiousity? :( get on that Pau!

edit: Happy B-day Lissar!!
I have played the Marvel vs. Capcom games but I never pick Street Fighter characters. Always Mahvel. So i don't think that counts...

Rayman Origins is sooogooood

Huh. I played six or seven levels. It kinda felt fresh in the way that Sonic the Hedgehog felt fresh when I first played it. Really nice controls, I like the "oh shit punch the thingy to make the spikey things go away before you fall in them!" bits particularly, and you spend a surprisingly fun amount of time in the air.

Given that I was not really big on Rayman in the past, I consider this pretty promising. I'm far more interested in continuing on with this than I am with Dead Space: Extraction.

Also happy birthday everyone!

I have played the Marvel vs. Capcom games but I never pick Street Fighter characters. Always Mahvel. So i don't think that counts...

Oh it counts, cause I'm not talking about the characters, I'm talking about the gameplay. Capcom TRICKED you into playing a Street Fighter ;P

I just got Rayman Origins. Did I make a collosal mistake, or am I safe??
Best 2D platformer this gen. Followed by DKCR.

Know what really annoys me about indie platformers? Barely any of them are skill based like those games. They're pretty much all puzzle platformers. Which are kind of boring and annoying.

Also happy birthday yo!

leadbelly

Banned
Monty python never gets old :p

Have you heard they were in the process of making a new film? I wonder what became of that.

It's the first I have heard of it. Monty Python never gets old, but unfortunately the members of Monty Python are getting old. I was thinking they are a little too old now, but then I read it is actually going to be a CGI movie. I can see that working. They will just be providing voice over work. Terry Jones is directing it. He said it is not really a Python film, but certainly has that sensibility. I will certainly be interested in watching it if it turns out to be good anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16744299

John Cleese is probably the most well known Python, but I think Michael Palin is the Python that stands out in the movies and the show. I actually think Michael Palin was the best Python.

What is your favourite film? In terms of the real authentic Python films I would have to say 'Life of Brian'. I say that because there is also the movie Time Bandits. While not being a Python film, per se, it does have the obvious Python connection. It is one of my favourite family movies. I also know that J.K. Rowling really loves that film. She wanted Terry Gilliam to direct the first Potter movie, but the movie studio wouldn't have it.

I also know that J.K. Rowling really loves that film. She wanted Terry Gilliam to direct the first Potter movie, but the movie studio wouldn't have it.

aww man that would have been so great.

Its hard to pick a favourite. Holy Grain is brilliant, and I really liked and now for something completely different (if you'd count that as a film). That reminds me, I still haven't seen the meaning of life :s

leadbelly

Banned
aww man that would have been so great.

Its hard to pick a favourite. Holy Grain is brilliant, and I really liked and now for something completely different (if you'd count that as a film). That reminds me, I still haven't seen the meaning of life :s

The Meaning of Life is probably the weakest of their films, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I did like the Eric Idle sketch at the at the Closing Ceremony Actually. Those Indian dancers! lol :D

Interestingly, he is the one Python that hasn't signed up for the new movie. Not sure why.

Yes that was also one of my favorites i remember watching the movie when i was 11 years old and laughing but when i rewatched it with 20 years i almost died of laughter.

Also Happy birthday Lissar.

Yeah. It is a great scene. I just love the way he gets really into the details about coconuts and swallows. It's not so much that in itself, but the fact that it's a common early medieval soldier. The idea that he would have such a vast knowledge is ludicrous. :D

People who like Monty Python should check out How To Irritate People. It's got Cleese, Palin and Chapman, amongst other good old English comedians, and was written by Cleese and Palin (also amongst other good old English comedians).

It's pretty good.

y2dvd

Finally saw The Expendables I. Those death scenes looks like it can be ripped straight from Mortal Kombat!

Thank you everyone! :D

And I even have a day off tomorrow! \o/

I get to go to bookstores and things.

Book stores don't even exist anymore in my city. D:

Ezalc

RPGAF I want to know how it was the first time you guys went to buy a condom and for the ladies the first time you girls went to buy like birth control I think would be the equivalent? Or are there lady condoms out there? Or maybe when you had to buy condoms for your guy and when one of you guys had to go buy like a tampon for your girl, or you know whatever applies to you because this is starting to confuse me.

RPGAF I want to know how it was the first time you guys went to buy a condom and for the ladies the first time you girls went to buy like birth control I think would be the equivalent? Or are there lady condoms out there? Or maybe when you had to buy condoms for your guy and when one of you guys had to go buy like a tampon for your girl, or you know whatever applies to you because this is starting to confuse me.

I dunno yet.

Also I'm pretty sure lady-condoms are a thing. But I'm probably the least qualified person in this thread for that, soo...yeah.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know which question to answer- why don't you explain a little more what's starting to confuse you?

Rom1944

well you sure have confused me but when i was 12 or 13 i bougth some tampoms for my mother as it was on the shopping list needless to say i avoided eye contact with the cashier and i was surely red as a tomato that was one the most awkward moment in my teenage years.

Ezalc

I don't know which question to answer- why don't you explain a little more what's starting to confuse you?

Oh no it's not the process of buying that confused me, it's the way my own question was phrased or a good way to phrase the question to apply to everybody that confused me. Just tell the story of the first time you went to buy condoms or whatever sexual item relates to you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh no it's not the process of buying that confused me, it's the way my own question was phrased or a good way to phrase the question to apply to everybody that confused me. Just tell the story of the first time you went to buy condoms or whatever sexual item relates to you.
I went in to buy condoms, then thought about how it would seem weird to just buy condoms, so I also got a razor, a bottle of windex, a bunch of apples, and a watergun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom