• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
Had no idea TF2 was 11Gb. I wont be playing tonight.

Yeah. When it originally came out I think it was only like 2GB. A hell of a lot of updates since then.

I'll join in when I get proper internet in a couple of weeks. Haven't played in ages though so I'll probably be crap, but oh well.

I hadn't played since the update that brought new weapons and hats. Considering how long ago that was, I was quite surprised at how quickly I got the hang of it again.

Zomba13

I am now 100% convinced paying the full price (either monthly or yearly) for XBL Gold is a scam. For the past year I've been letting my sub drop and reverting to free and every single time there is a deal on the dashboard, first thing I see, offering either 1 month for £1 or 2 months for £2.

Ezalc

$60! I get iffy if I have to pay more than 10. <-- not much of a clubber

I get iffy if I have to pay at all! But anymore than $15 just ain't worth it, especially since drinks are usually still pricey.

You two are girls aren't you? You get in for like half the price every time you can't complain! The only thing about clubbing I legitimately enjoy is dancing, but I want to dance with someone so I think that I'd rather take a girl to the club and dance with her there than try to woo one in there. Also since I don't drink alcohol I feel like the club experience isn't as great for me as it is for those who do.

leadbelly

Banned
I am now 100% convinced paying the full price (either monthly or yearly) for XBL Gold is a scam. For the past year I've been letting my sub drop and reverting to free and every single time there is a deal on the dashboard, first thing I see, offering either 1 month for £1 or 2 months for £2.

Yeah. I haven't bought gold in years. I didn't play many multiplayer games on my 360 for a start, but even if I wanted to, I don't really think it is worth the money. A lot of games use p2p servers which basically use the player's connection as the host. It wouldn't be so bad if they used dedicated servers, at least then you could say your money is actually paying for something. You're basically paying them money to use your connection.

I downloaded the Xbox live app for android. I tried to send a message to my friend but I couldn't because I needed gold to use the feature. It's a joke. 'free' is a bad word to Microsoft.

Davedough

I let my gold sub drop in April because I needed money. I thought it was going to be the end of me. Frankly, I haven't missed it. What with Steam and PSN both being free and comparable offerings, I dont see the need to spend that kind of money for something that isn't unique anymore. Especially since you pay for it yearly and still get inundated with ads across every panel of the dashboard.

y2dvd

Well if I had a good job I don't think I would care as much honestly, but I don't so yeah.

For me, alcohol is a liquid courage. It helps me loosen up to dance and relax. I probably wouldn't enjoy it much like you if I didn't drink. The price I pay!

Ezalc

For me, alcohol is a liquid courage. It helps me loosen up to dance and relax. I probably wouldn't enjoy it much like you if I didn't drink. The price I pay!

I love dancing! It's so much fun, but I just feel like clubs just may not be the place for me. Since I don't drink I think that I don't get as much out of it as if I was drunk, also I feel like a club isn't the best place to meet people I don't know why.

y2dvd

I love dancing! It's so much fun, but I just feel like clubs just may not be the place for me. Since I don't drink I think that I don't get as much out of it as if I was drunk, also I feel like a club isn't the best place to meet people I don't know why.

Oh I know why, it's impossible to conversate at clubs! Sounds like maybe a dance class is what you're looking for? You get to dance, not have to drink, and meet people. I'm actually considering taking salsa classes since I can't dance to it at all. I try dancing to Latin at music but I'm hella embarrassed and uncomfortable doing it and it shows lol.

Ezalc

Pfft, dancing is for nerds who have courage.

:(

I'm a nerd with no courage yet I love to dance!

Oh I know why, it's impossible to conversate at clubs! Sounds like maybe a dance class is what you're looking for? You get to dance, not have to drink, and meet people. I'm actually considering taking salsa classes since I can't dance to it at all. I try dancing to Latin at music but I'm hella embarrassed and uncomfortable doing it and it shows lol.

Oh man I love latin music! Best music to dance to since you get to be all close with your partner and you get to spiiiiiiiin them all the time, so much fun! I was thinking about that honestly. But I don't know between work and school I can't do anything during the week. Then on the weekends I want to hang out with friends or relax at home, I also would rather do other classes (language and maybe a class to become an interpreter) if I had the free time. :/

Davedough

So I finally get around to loading TF2 in hopes of playing some MvM.... 17 minute wait time to join a game? Are you kidding me? No thanks, I'll stick with single player games.

leadbelly

Banned
So I finally get around to loading TF2 in hopes of playing some MvM.... 17 minute wait time to join a game? Are you kidding me? No thanks, I'll stick with single player games.

On all servers? After a few months there probably won't be a problem. I played on a private server so had no wait times when I played.

Play the normal mode instead. It is a fun game once you get the hang of it.

Zomba13

Don't use the match making. It's kinda fucked atm. Just search for games in the server browser, sort by player number and try and get on one with a player count lower than 6.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I don't mind dancing when I'm drunk. I can't dance for shit though so I don't when sober and don't care when drunk.
This is pretty much my line of thinking too. I'm quite the prude when sober, but give me a drink and I'll come right out of my shell lol.

And yes Ezalc I'm a female. The only club I've ever gone to didn't let me in cheaper coz I was female :( but can't complain over $5

Davedough

On all servers? After a few months there probably won't be a problem. I played on a private server so had no wait times when I played.

Play the normal mode instead. It is a fun game once you get the hang of it.

I dont know what the normal mode is. I went on there, selected Co-Op and it had something where I had to buy a $.99 ticket and then global servers. I selected global servers and it said I had to wait 17 minutes.

Don't use the match making. It's kinda fucked atm. Just search for games in the server browser, sort by player number and try and get on one with a player count lower than 6.

I'm not sure how to do that. I couldn't quite make heads or tails out of the menus. I couldn't find a search function, but I'll look again.

leadbelly

Banned
I dont know what the normal mode is. I went on there, selected Co-Op and it had something where I had to buy a $.99 ticket and then global servers. I selected global servers and it said I had to wait 17 minutes.

Normal mode is basically like capture the flag.

I know nothing about the ticket. I just joined a friend's game which took me to a private server.

The great thing about PC is you don't have to use match making, you can just manually select a server of your choosing.

I usually just move my feet when I'm dancing.

Gotta keep looking swag with a still upper body.

Oh I enjoy dancing with my hands in my pockets sometimes ;P

And dancing is AWESOME and FUN and everyone should be doing it because of those things. Even if you think you can't dance, you can dance...it has nothing to do with skill you just gotta move and enjoy yourself. The only reason I feel people hate it is because they don't try it.

You two are girls aren't you? You get in for like half the price every time you can't complain! The only thing about clubbing I legitimately enjoy is dancing, but I want to dance with someone so I think that I'd rather take a girl to the club and dance with her there than try to woo one in there. Also since I don't drink alcohol I feel like the club experience isn't as great for me as it is for those who do.
pfft, I've never got a discount >=(

Don't be like that Billie ;_;

I'm currently making a jelly slice coz I randomly had a craving for it. Come on and set jelly *shakes fist*

:O Is it Aeroplane jelly?

Ezalc

pfft, I've never got a discount >=(

Must be wherever you live because here in Brazil basically all the larger clubs charge women like half to get in.

Nope. Dancing involves crowds. Crowds are the worst thing.

I'll just sit in the corner... and read.

Not necessarily, if you have a partner then dancing is just for the two of you. Who cares what other people think? As long as you have your partner and you're having fun, anybody who thinks less of you for not being some super awesome dancer should fuck off.

And yes Ezalc I'm a female. The only club I've ever gone to didn't let me in cheaper coz I was female :( but can't complain over $5

This was probably a smaller club/bar.

y2dvd

Oh man I love latin music! Best music to dance to since you get to be all close with your partner and you get to spiiiiiiiin them all the time, so much fun! I was thinking about that honestly. But I don't know between work and school I can't do anything during the week. Then on the weekends I want to hang out with friends or relax at home, I also would rather do other classes (language and maybe a class to become an interpreter) if I had the free time. :/

I'm not at that level of comfort where latin music is fun to dance to yet lol. Will get there though!

I don't drink but I LOVE to dance. XD
AD avatar yes! I got two buddies that comes over lately and are watching the show for the first time and loving it!

*opens thread and sees dancing talk*

*closes thread*

Join us on the dance floor!

I usually just move my feet when I'm dancing.

Gotta keep looking swag with a still upper body.

That's my problem, no upper body movement. Well, and not much lower body either lol. I'm pretty much a stiff and needs some grooves and swag lol. No lie, I've been watching dance vids like the dougie and shuffling and practicing them all day yesterday. Let's just say I got a long way to go! :|

Oh I enjoy dancing with my hands in my pockets sometimes ;P

And dancing is AWESOME and FUN and everyone should be doing it because of those things. Even if you think you can't dance, you can dance...it has nothing to do with skill you just gotta move and enjoy yourself. The only reason I feel people hate it is because they don't try it.

Dancing is shiiiiiiiit.

Not counting the general head-bobbery and occasional fist pump that occurs at gigs, or just trying to stand up at the less calm gigs, 'cause that's not really dancing.

Ezalc

Dancing is shiiiiiiiit.

Not counting the general head-bobbery and occasional fist pump that occurs at gigs, or just trying to stand up at the less calm gigs, 'cause that's not really dancing.

You take that back! Dancing is awesome and I wish I was off somewhere dancing right now rather than being at work miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom