• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

Hahaha it's not that bad :p.

My screen settings are super dark too so it makes it even worse lol. I was crying watching people's reaction to this game on youtube lol!

What are we doing this weekend? I'm thinking of going out of town taking this MEGA BUS my friend recommends.

My screen settings are super dark too so it makes it even worse lol. I was crying watching people's reaction to this game on youtube lol!

What are we doing this weekend? I'm thinking of going out of town taking this MEGA BUS my friend recommends.

UK Mega Bus? That shit scares me. No man should be that pink, especially not dressed in yellow.

Ezalc

Going to a BBQ with a bunch of people from my major, and hopefully going out on a date on sunday. Friday night be just be me, my Wii, and some glorious Xenoblade.

i know I always say that class is determined by how many posts you display per page on an internet forum.

You'd be wrong. Class, good sir, is demonstrated by restraint.

Acid08

Banned
Anyone here ever been to, or is currently going to, therapy?

Next week I'm going to start seeing my fourth therapist. I've never been successful with it because I've never been able to actually be honest with these people.

y2dvd

Next week I'm going to start seeing my fourth therapist. I've never been successful with it because I've never been able to actually be honest with these people.

What is the therapy for if you don't mind me asking?

Acid08

Banned
What is the therapy for if you don't mind me asking?

This time it's going to be half family therapy and half individual I believe.

Just trying to sort out my self destructive tendencies that have caused me quite a bit of trouble in my life.

Pau

I've been to therapy a lot before and am thinking of going again. It seems that the reason it hasn't been successful is because you haven't felt comfortable with your previous therapists and haven't trusted them. Which is going to happen with some people, so my advice is, if you don't feel comfortable/like your therapist, don't keep going to them and try to switch to another person because it'll just be a waste of both your and their time. It might be a bit difficult because I'm assuming it's the same therapist for both the family and individual portions, but maybe in your first session talk to them about why you've felt uncomfortable with previous therapists and what your options are about seeing someone else for individual sessions? They won't take it personally (or shouldn't!) because they're very much aware that not everyone "clicks" and it's in your best interest to find someone with whom you do have that connection.

Anyways, good luck to you and I hope you find someone you're comfortable with. :)

I'm going to therapy today for my sleeping issues. I'm nervous :s
Good luck to you too! :) There's no need to be nervous, but I'm sure hearing me say that won't help much.

Puddles

Banned
I think today marks 14 days without alcohol for me. That may be the longest I've gone without drinking in well over a year. I've gotten a lot more reading done in that time.

I think I'm going to go another two weeks or so. I'll definitely drink on my last day in Cambodia, and I have about a 9 hour layover in Seoul on the flight home, so I'm going to find a Family Mart and drink a soju and a beksaeju. Fuck it, maybe I'll go to Itaewon and drink in some of my old haunts.

After that it's grad school. Two years ago I wasn't even considering the idea of getting a Master's, but two years from now I'm going to be a (hopefully employed) public policy expert with mid-five figure student loan debt.

Currently in Southampton at WTFest. Fortunately I know some people here, so I'm not by myself. Unfortunately they're all people I've only ever had brief, awkward conversations with. THIS'LL BE FUN AND NOT AT ALL AWKWARD.

I think today marks 14 days without alcohol for me. That may be the longest I've gone without drinking in well over a year. I've gotten a lot more reading done in that time.

I think I'm going to go another two weeks or so. I'll definitely drink on my last day in Cambodia, and I have about a 9 hour layover in Seoul on the flight home, so I'm going to find a Family Mart and drink a soju and a beksaeju. Fuck it, maybe I'll go to Itaewon and drink in some of my old haunts.

After that it's grad school. Two years ago I wasn't even considering the idea of getting a Master's, but two years from now I'm going to be a (hopefully employed) public policy expert with mid-five figure student loan debt.

heh, I just bought the study guide for the GMAT.

Puddles

Banned
heh, I just bought the study guide for the GMAT.

I'm actually planning to apply for a joint MPP/MBA degree. I have a GMAT study guide as well. It'll be a long shot to get in though, because UCLA's Anderson School of Management has about a 10% acceptance rate, and I don't have great work experience. I'll probably need to score around 740 or above to have a shot.

dralla

picked up the ratchet HD collection today, and yea, I'm done with last gen games, they just aren't as enjoyable. I have the Ico/Shadow collection unopened and I did want to play through ICO again, but I'm nervous I'm not gonna like it anymore :(

on the other hand, the Sly demo that came with Ratchet is fun

I also bought Alunda off PSN. it looks cool, never played it before and heard good things.

I watched The Notebook for the first time the other day, just because I've heard so much about it and I know girls love that movie..it was good, a little predictable/cliche, but good. Gosling is great in it

Davedough

picked up the ratchet HD collection today, and yea, I'm done with last gen games, they just aren't as enjoyable. I have the Ico/Shadow collection unopened and I did want to play through ICO again, but I'm nervous I'm not gonna like it anymore :(

on the other hand, the Sly demo that came with Ratchet is fun

I also bought Alunda off PSN. it looks cool, never played it before and heard good things.

I watched The Notebook for the first time the other day, just because I've heard so much about it and I know girls love that movie..it was good, a little predictable/cliche, but good. Gosling is great in it

I still loved Shadow of the Colossus remake as much as I did when it came out. Ico however, I only got about halfway through before I felt like I had had enough. Problem is, I never played it when it was out in the first place so I didn't have nostalgia to go on.

dralla

...I...I don't understand.

ALSO I JUST FORGOT HOW TO DRINK AND STARTED CHOKING ON A MOUTHFUL OF DR PEPPER. AT WORK.

It's mostly a technical thing. The games just aren't as satisfying when they don't look and sound as good as the PS3 games. Also, you notice how flat and boxy the levels are, this isn't really a Ratchet thing though, more of a general observation. You don't realize how much better things have gotten until you go back. I went back and played Ratchet 3 and it does hold up a lot better, the Clank sections aren't great though. I also realized how much I want a new Ratchet game. I feel like they've gotten the combat down to science, It's so good as is, I'd like to see them do more with puzzles/platforming/clank/bosses, ect. ACiT was great with the moons, hover boots, time puzzles, much better boss fights.. I think they need to take it even further. The frame rate though! It has to go back to 60, after playing the FFA beta, 30FPS just wouldn't feel right for a main line Ratchet game

It's ok, your brain just finally realized how terrible Dr. Pepper is and wanted to spare you the horror.
FUCK YOU, BEST DRINK

It's mostly a technical thing. The games just aren't as satisfying when they don't look and sound as good as the PS3 games. Also, you notice how flat and boxy the levels are, this isn't really a Ratchet thing though, more of a general observation. You don't realize how much better things have gotten until you go back. I went back and played Ratchet 3 and it does hold up a lot better, the Clank sections aren't great though. I also realized how much I want a new Ratchet game. I feel like they've gotten the combat down to science, It's so good as is, I'd like to see them do more with puzzles/platforming/clank/bosses, ect. ACiT was great with the moons, hover boots, time puzzles, much better boss fights.. I think they need to take it even further. The frame rate though! It has to go back to 60, after playing the FFA beta, 30FPS just wouldn't feel right for a main line Ratchet game

Pfffffffffft. I'm still buying old games and being all "GODDAMN THIS IS AWESOME". Like Ape Escape. Even though it FROZE RIGHT BEFORE THE FINAL BOSS.

dralla

I can't drink regular soda, its too fucking sweet. even most diet soda is too sweet for me, one of the benefits of my diet. Sobe Lifewater 0 is really good too, non carbonated, sweetened naturally with stevia. mmmmm

lolol. I had a yank come in to work yesterday and try to order all these American soft drinks. "Can I have a root beer?" "sorry..." "Oh okay, then I'll just have a doctor pepper" "um...".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom