• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Why do people not read the rules of things? If you're buying something on the internet and then come bitch at me, don't be mad when I say the reason for it not having been deliviered yet is because of something that was in the goddamn rules of the fucking purchase. You are spending your money on this shit, pay more attention to the fucking details damn it.

leadbelly

Banned
I need to get myself one of these:

tumblr_ma55k7k6BU1qamwvho1_1280.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
So the Nintendo EU presentation begins at 3pm UK time. Seems odd that the two times they give are '3pm UK time' and '4pm South Africa'. Giving the UK time makes sense, but why South Africa?

Ezalc

Well I feel like everyday I dislike my job a little bit more. What should I do RP-GAF? I need the money but customer support fucking sucks, especially with some of the stupid things this company does.

Well I feel like everyday I dislike my job a little bit more. What should I do RP-GAF? I need the money but customer support fucking sucks, especially with some of the stupid things this company does.

Keep working while you search I guess :( I dont envy you at all. Customer support is the worst.

Ezalc

It's been a few months that I started this job, it's my first one as well. If my family was more stable financially I would just quit right now.

Onemic

Got my first post undergrad job a few days ago. Work starts today and I'm on the bus right now. Guess I have to get used to waking up early now. :(

My lead said they wanted me to wear black bottoms. Does that mean jeans? I'm wearing a pair of black jeans with an extra pair of black suit pants in my bag just in case.

Don't assume you can wear jeans unless other people do or you're so invaluable that your sense of entitlement can be accommodated (as it happens with me at my work).

dralla

Hey, I got a job today too! At Whole Foods, I'm more excited about the discount then the pay.

I picked up some flounder? I think, how should I cook it? Fry it? I've got Coconut and Macadamia nut oil. Bake, Broil, Grill? I don't know much about cooking fish

Acid08

Banned
Hey, I got a job today too! At Whole Foods, I'm more excited about the discount then the pay.

I picked up some flounder? I think, how should I cook it? Fry it? I've got Coconut and Macadamia nut oil. Bake, Broil, Grill? I don't know much about cooking fish

Cook it in the garbage, where all fish belongs.

leadbelly

Banned

You seem to like coconut oil. I recommend cooking coconuts in coconut oil.

dralla

fuck, I give up on trying to cook seafood, it never comes out good. It came out OK I think, just not a lot of flavor and it kind of fell apart easy. I'll stick to ordering seafood from restaurants from now on :(

Onemic

Well they didn't say anything so I guess it's allowed. The promotions guy that trained me is the chillest/laziest guy. Pretty much we give out coupons for some car rental company. He said that management is so bad and there's such a lack of supervision, that as long as we empty our boxes, we can do anything we want. I think we finished our boxes in about maybe 2 hours for an 8 hour shift.

Davedough

fuck, I give up on trying to cook seafood, it never comes out good. It came out OK I think, just not a lot of flavor and it kind of fell apart easy. I'll stick to ordering seafood from restaurants from now on :(

Get some foil, put your fillets in it. Add about 3-5Tb of butter or margarine. Crush garlic cloves over the fillets. Chop onions and spread them out evenly over the fillet. Shake seasoned salt, sea salt, cracked black pepper and a dash of paprika. Sprinkle some distilled white vinegar over it and some lemon juice.

Bring the sides of the foil up to form a closed pouch over your fish where all the sides are pinched shut and no air escapes. I like to set it on the grill on low with the lid down for about 25-35 minutes depending on the size of the fish. It boils and steams inside the pouch with all of the stuff and comes out great.

dralla

thanks davebrough, i will try that next time. I'm always down for adding butter to things, I know small, white fish isn't supposed to have a ton of flavor and it's all about seasoning/sauce.

btw, anyone want to instragram with me lol, my name is myke256, add me :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I pass a truck every day on my way home that has your last name as the business name. I'm only telling you because I'm onto your spies. I'd appreciate if you stalk me a little less conspicuously.
It means "honest" in German.

Now that you know you can trust me... I'd never stalk you.

Promise.

leadbelly

Banned
Borderlands 2 officially pre-ordered and paid for.

Edit: And now I'm going to have to unpre-order... Xbox just shit the bed.

Oh dear!

Why would you not buy it on PC anyway?

I woke up really late today. I got up, looked at the time, and it was 13:50. Lack of sleep I guess. :/

Davedough

Oh dear!

Why would you not buy it on PC anyway?

I woke up really late today. I got up, looked at the time, and it was 13:50. Lack of sleep I guess. :/

Because a group of friends and I ran through Borderlands 1 on the 360 in co-op and it was a blast. Those same friends dont all have capable PCs and my Steam friends list is compiled mostly of people from this thread, so finding co-op would be difficult.

leadbelly

Banned
Because a group of friends and I ran through Borderlands 1 on the 360 in co-op and it was a blast. Those same friends dont all have capable PCs and my Steam friends list is compiled mostly of people from this thread, so finding co-op would be difficult.

I'm interested in Borderlands 2, but I wasn't thinking of buying it yet. I have other games I want to play through, so I didn't see the point of buying it day one.

Davedough

I'm interested in Borderlands 2, but I wasn't thinking of buying it yet. I have other games I want to play through, so I didn't see the point of buying it day one.

I was a massive fan of the first one. So much so that I double dipped on PC and Xbox. Today I'm going to go get my money back on the preorder and then purchase it on steam. If I have to play forever alone, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom