• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
I just bought it on steam. Friend me. davedough is my name there

Oh so that's how it is dave? I thought you were my best GAF friend? ;.;

It's okay though, I'll just play Borderlands 2 on my own. I prefer it that way... >.>

just kidding. You would have probably completed it before I get around to buying the game

dralla

So I got hired at Whole Foods and have to go into orientation on Sat/Sun, looking forward to it. But I work Saturday's already, so I'm gonna have to take off and tell my current boss that I got another job, gonna be awkward lol oh, and my new "boss" is adorable, how does one go about asking their boss out :D

also, I went to costco today, gawd damn so much good stuff in there. I restrained myself to some nuts and avocados. omg they had this giant square of feta cheese, I was so tempted but already have a block sitting in my fridge and didn't want it to go bad.

mah nuts
jExFppomp7ymd.jpg
nomnomnom

leadbelly

Banned
No way lead, seriously?

*grumping* maaaaan I have to wait till thursday. How does this even make sense. Steam should unlock everywhere at the same time.

Ash is actually a character in the game as well. There is a mission you do with her.

Also, it doesn't actually come out until Friday in the UK.

Davedough

From the 10 levels I've put into it so far (5 hours) you dont really need to play 1 to get 2. There are some mentions to the first group that might go over your head, but it stands really well on its own.

And, obligatory screenshot of the opening menu.

mJt0u.jpg

Rom1944

The gunplay in the game has been heavily improved its more fun than the first one with all the loot and crazy weapons i'm really digging it so far and it came just in time after i completed Sleeping dogs (wonderful game too).

ZeroRay

From the 10 levels I've put into it so far (5 hours) you dont really need to play 1 to get 2. There are some mentions to the first group that might go over your head, but it stands really well on its own.

And, obligatory screenshot of the opening menu.

mJt0u.jpg

You playing an FPS on the PC with a controller, Dave?

Tsk, tsk...

Davedough

You playing an FPS on the PC with a controller, Dave?

Tsk, tsk...

Sure. Why not? It's not competative and I'm laying back 10 feet from the TV comfortably. Its awkward balancing a wireless keyboard and mouse when you're relaxing and playing an engaging game.

dralla

not sure if I should post these in the weight loss thread or here, fuck it, my lunch and dinner yo

Lunch. Spinach, Walnuts, the best damn Feta Cheese eva, Olives, Chicken seasoned with Italian spices..Extra Virgin Olive Oil as dressing

Dinner. Burger topped with a little cheese, avocado and bacon, over some lettuce. Fresh veggies, artichoke hearts and leeks, sauteed in coconut oil with a little bacon thrown in, tomatoes grown in my back yard. Extra avocado on side.

/paleo4life

oh yea, borderlands 2, i chose assassin, not sure how I feel about it just yet, only lvl 8 or so though

ZeroRay

Those cavemen ate pretty good, I must say.

Sure. Why not? It's not competative and I'm laying back 10 feet from the TV comfortably. Its awkward balancing a wireless keyboard and mouse when you're relaxing and playing an engaging game.

Good answer. Though I'm going to install a little mousepad holder on my couch armrest whenever I get a PC good enough to plug into a TV. Cause I'm hardcore like that. :p

You probably posted this earlier, but I'm too lazy to look. What did you do?

I didn't, I'm just very vague a lot of the time. Mostly accidentally.

And I saw LATTERMAN! The best band. No Matter Where We Go is my go to album for when I feel really shitty. They broke up a year or two before I got into them, but they've been doing some reunion shows so I was just like "FUCK YEAH GOING TO THAT" and I did and it was incredible.

leadbelly

Banned

Yeah. It is nice just to be able to sit back and relax. I play most third-person games with a controller on my PC. I never really get why some PC gamers try to use a mouse and keyboard with every game they play. With FPS games there is a benefit in using mouse and keyboard, but with third person games not so much. I suppose if the third-person game is purely a shooter, there is still some benefit in using a mouse. Games like Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham City though, the precision and accuracy you get with a mouse is completely irrelevant. It is actually more beneficial using a controller with those games.

I was reading a Dark Souls thread on Steam forums, and some of the people were freaking out over the terrible mouse and keyboard controls in that game. If they don't own a controller then I guess that is fair enough, to a degree, but some posters were explicitly saying they don't want to use a controller in their PC games and don't want to be forced to use one. A game like dark souls will always play better with a controller.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard sounds like the way they would have it set up to play in hell (at 360p, on a plasma screen with burn-in of course. And you get 10 estus flasks to use for the entire game)

Davedough

Playing Torchlight II has me using keyboard and mouse because it makes sense, but in games where I can get by just fine or better with a controller then you can bet I'm using it.

leadbelly

Banned
Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard sounds like the way they would have it set up to play in hell (at 360p, on a plasma screen with burn-in of course. And you get 10 estus flasks to use for the entire game)

lol

Yeah. I imagine it would be brutal. These people must be seriously masochistic to want to play through Dark Souls with keyboard and mouse controls.

I think the whole reason behind it is because they're a 'PC gamer' and PC gamers use keyboard and mouse. They have an expensive gaming mouse with super high mouse sensitivity, set up for 'twitch gameplay'. Controllers are for console kiddies.

It doesn't cross their mind that, actually, a lot of third-person games play better with a controller.

Playing Torchlight II has me using keyboard and mouse because it makes sense, but in games where I can get by just fine or better with a controller then you can bet I'm using it.

Yeah I played through Skyrim using a controller. That is mainly just preference though. I imagine that game specifically plays quite well with mouse and keyboard. Because you're not running around shooting an assault rifle, it isn't so bad just sitting back using a controller. I'm like you, I like to sit back and relax when playing my games. If I feel a mouse isn't absolutely necessary I will use a controller.

Davedough

Yeah I played through Skyrim using a controller. That is mainly just preference though. I imagine that game specifically plays quite well with mouse and keyboard. Because you're not running around shooting an assault rifle, it isn't so bad just sitting back using a controller. I'm like you, I like to sit back and relax when playing my games. If I feel a mouse isn't absolutely necessary I will use a controller.

Sitting at a desk playing games with a keyboard and mouse is what kept me from being a PC Gamer for so long. The advent of HDMI and allowing me to patch it to my TV while sitting on my big comfy couch brought me into the fold. I just now wish the text on certain things could be adjusted to see from that far away. Its not perfect, but I'll take relaxation over sitting at a desk playing. I sit at a desk in front of computer monitors all day at work, I want to come home and see something different.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol

Yeah. I imagine it would be brutal. These people must be seriously masochistic to want to play through Dark Souls with keyboard and mouse controls.

I think the whole reason behind it is because they're a 'PC gamer' and PC gamers use keyboard and mouse. They have an expensive gaming mouse with super high mouse sensitivity, set up for 'twitch gameplay'. Controllers are for console kiddies.

It doesn't cross their mind that, actually, a lot of third-person games play better with a controller.

pfft

I play Guild Wars 2 solely with a 360 pad

MEET ME SOMEWHERE

leadbelly

Banned
Sitting at a desk playing games with a keyboard and mouse is what kept me from being a PC Gamer for so long. The advent of HDMI and allowing me to patch it to my TV while sitting on my big comfy couch brought me into the fold. I just now wish the text on certain things could be adjusted to see from that far away. Its not perfect, but I'll take relaxation over sitting at a desk playing. I sit at a desk in front of computer monitors all day at work, I want to come home and see something different.

I don't mind too much sitting at a desk. I have a nice comfy leather chair to sit on. Games generally look better and play better on PC. I hardly ever play my PS3 or 360 these days.

pfft

I play Guild Wars 2 solely with a 360 pad

MEET ME SOMEWHERE

I wasn't actually thinking of buying Guild Wars 2, but I am now considering it after the reception it has got. I did enjoy the first game, but only really played a third of it.

I've still got Witcher 2 to play through at the moment though.

ZeroRay

In theory, I thought the Souls games would work well on M&KB and FROM just fucked up the support on the PC version.

Haven't bought DS PC to make a judgement on what they did wrong (or what they couldn't do).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In theory, I thought the Souls games would work well on M&KB and FROM just fucked up the support on the PC version.

Haven't bought DS PC to make a judgement on what they did wrong (or what they couldn't do).
I found the controls far too "left hand does this, right hand does that" to translate to a mouse/keyboard. It just makes sense!

ZeroRay

I can think of a few set ups that would be at least decent.

On another note, I dreamed about the new Hobbit movie. Hurry up December, damnit. I want my 48fps glory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom