• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRay

Coincidentally, the second movie was also in my dream. It involves Bilbo going into the real world to find the girl of his dreams.

The third one goes back to Middle Earth.

leadbelly

Banned
In theory, I thought the Souls games would work well on M&KB and FROM just fucked up the support on the PC version.

Haven't bought DS PC to make a judgement on what they did wrong (or what they couldn't do).

Well, some third-person games are certainly controllable with keyboard and mouse, but I generally don't think it is better than using a controller. The advantage you get with a mouse is greater precision when aiming or looking around. You're also able to navigate menus very quickly, which is good for RTS games. In a game like Dark Souls that is completely irrelevant most of the time, as it is mainly close quarters combat in the third-person.

A controller is designed to fit perfectly in your hands. The buttons are laid out in a way that makes them very easy to get to using your thumb or index fingers. When the control of the character is largely dependent on a combination of button presses, a controller is of greater advantage than a keyboard. The moves become easier to pull off because the button layout is far more intuitive.

When you're controlling a character that is on screen, an analogue stick tends to be more precise than using the arrow keys on a keyboard. It also allows for more subtler movement.

From probably did fuck up the controls, but that doesn't detract from the fact that a controller is always going to be the best method of control in that type of game. You're better off using one.

Coincidentally, the second movie was also in my dream. It involves Bilbo going into the real world to find the girl of his dreams.

The third one goes back to Middle Earth.

I wish this were real

Also I have a friend (some of you would've heard him in that TinyChat when I was drunk with some of my friends) who claims KB&M is superior for everything. I don't understand him.

Davedough

I cant look at the Hobbit stills that are all over the web, and even the trailers and get excited for it. LotR looked good and it was good, but the makeup and character design in The Hobbit just looks cheesy. The characters LOOK like they're fake and thats really distracting to me.

Chuckie

I cant look at the Hobbit stills that are all over the web, and even the trailers and get excited for it. LotR looked good and it was good, but the makeup and character design in The Hobbit just looks cheesy. The characters LOOK like they're fake and thats really distracting to me.

Some of the Dwarves look a bit fucked up, but apart from that it looks good to me. I am still excited.

Davedough

Had the ultimate First World Problem last night. Couldn't decide between Borderlands 2 or Torchlight 2.

so I played them both and stayed up entirely too late

dralla

yay, I found pre-cooked salmon fillets at trader joes, 6 bucks, 8oz, not terrible. I baked it at 350 for a little, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, came out really good! Now I can add a fatty fish to my regular diet and not fuck it up!

Ezalc

Well I was let go from my job last week. Kind of fortunate since I this week I had midterms, of which I've barely been studying for and instead I have been playing Xenoblade, sooo goood, all day. I feel like things went better than expected.

Davedough

Well I was let go from my job last week. Kind of fortunate since I this week I had midterms, of which I've barely been studying for and instead I have been playing Xenoblade, sooo goood, all day. I feel like things went better than expected.

Videogames and productivity go hand in hand. Think of videogames as being a long tunnel. Productivity is the prize waiting for you at the end of that tunnel. And this is a graphic representation of traversing said tunnel.

8oMkX.gif

.la1n

Where did you find such a great thing :eek:

I'm playing through FES right now. I finished OG P3 back when it came out but never tried got to play The Answer. The Journey playthrough first though :D.

All in preparation for P4G.

I believe I stumbled across it back before the launch of Persona 4 Arena when I was hyped up about it. I'll see if I can find the full picture later for you, it's really well done. FES is an amazing game, probably my favorite PS2 RPG. Can't wait for P4G to come out, I haven't played Persona 4 at all so it will be my first time with it.

leadbelly

Banned
So, Inabi from Platinum Games was at Valve.
https://twitter.com/PG_inaba/status/241685860607737857

Does this mean we'll be seeing their games on PC in the future? I hope so.

I think TGS is getting worse each year. There is very little there of interest to me. Of course Nintendo wasn't there at all, but they never are. Each year I wonder if anything substantial of 'The Last Guardian' and 'Versus XIII' will be shown, but there never is. If there is nothing to show of those games now, when exactly will they be released, if ever?

The next-generation of consoles will be here before those games see the light of day. lol

Also considering whether to buy the Wii U day one. Not sure there is anything I am really interested in playing though. If there was a new Zelda I more than likely would do.

Davedough

So, Inabi from Platinum Games was at Valve.
https://twitter.com/PG_inaba/status/241685860607737857

Does this mean we'll be seeing their games on PC in the future? I hope so.

I think TGS is getting worse each year. There is very little there of interest to me. Of course Nintendo wasn't there at all, but they never are. Each year I wonder if anything substantial of 'The Last Guardian' and 'Versus XIII' will be shown, but there never is. If there is nothing to show of those games now, when exactly will they be released, if ever?

The next-generation of consoles will be here before those games see the light of day. lol

Also considering whether to buy the Wii U day one. Not sure there is anything I am really interested in playing though. If there was a new Zelda I more than likely would do.

The Last Guardian is vaporware. That house is in so much trouble that the game may not ever be released, which is a shame.

I personally can't get excited about WiiU because I can't see it as anything more than a gimmick again that will be woefully outdated once again when the big boy consoles come out. I've played every game they have in their lineup in some iteration before. It will not become another dust collector in my living room like the Wii was.

Getting wii u day one, Wii has probably my favorite experiences from this gen be it new versions of franchises or some new stuff.,and i'm the kind of person who likes handhelds more than consoles, so a console being "dated" doesnt bother me at all . Will probably get a ps4 day one too but have to actually, know something about it, to confirm that decision.

Puddles

Banned
I've never played a Wii title outside of Wii Sports and Mario Kart.

Mario Kart was pretty fun, but I preferred the N64 version. That felt like a real racing game, while the Wii version kind of felt like something you'd play on an iphone.

Chuckie

Mario Kart was pretty fun, but I preferred the N64 version. That felt like a real racing game, while the Wii version kind of felt like something you'd play on an iphone.

I am a sucker for Mario Kart. Love all of them, but you are right..the Wii version was not as good. Personally I loved Mario Kart: Double Dash. Especially the multiplayer Shine-thief was so intense.

Most fun ofcourse is Mario Kart Grand Prix 2. If I was a millionair I would buy two of those arcade karts.

leadbelly

Banned
The Last Guardian is vaporware. That house is in so much trouble that the game may not ever be released, which is a shame.

I personally can't get excited about WiiU because I can't see it as anything more than a gimmick again that will be woefully outdated once again when the big boy consoles come out. I've played every game they have in their lineup in some iteration before. It will not become another dust collector in my living room like the Wii was.

There were rumours Versus XIII was quietly cancelled, but they stated the rumour was false.

I'm not particularly excited either. If I were to buy one it would be for future Nintendo titles. If there was a Zelda released at launch, I would be seriously considering it.

Ezalc

Videogames and productivity go hand in hand. Think of videogames as being a long tunnel. Productivity is the prize waiting for you at the end of that tunnel. And this is a graphic representation of traversing said tunnel.

8oMkX.gif

Whoa man that is like.... totally, tr

leadbelly

Banned
So an Egyptian Mummy was restored with Lego.

An Egyptian mummy case stored in a museum basement for about 50 years has been restored with the help of Lego.

Cambridge University engineering student David Knowles, 22, used the components to assist conservators at the city's Fitzwilliam Museum.

The Hor mummy case, dating from the 10th Century BC, had collapsed and Mr Knowles designed internal Lego frames to support it after conservation work.

A spokesman described his design as "crucial" to the project's success.

The cartonnage mummy case - made of layers of plaster, linen and glue - was found in a temple at Ramesseum in Thebes, Luxor, in 1896.

The gilded wooden face had been torn out by robbers and the mummy removed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-19635413

I think this is a brilliant idea. All ancient relics/buildings should be restored using Lego. They should make a proposal to rebuild the entire Acropolis in Greece.

"You see, what we're going to do is, fill in the gaps using nothing but Lego"

"We could have a tourist area at the bottom where people can buy miniature Lego replicas. And we'll have giant mechanical Lego people dressed in greek robes, doing various ancient activities"

leadbelly

Banned

You are feeling sleepy, yessssssss! Very, very sleeeeeeepy! When I count to 3 your eyelids will become heavy. 1...you are gradually drifting away...2...drifting further...3...you are asleep.

When you awake Leadbelly will appear to you like an ascended master come to rule over all of mankind. You will shower him with gifts. You will wave palm leaves to keep him cool. You will worship him as if like a god!

Ezalc

You are feeling sleepy, yessssssss! Very, very sleeeeeeepy! When I count to 3 your eyelids will become heavy. 1...you are gradually drifting away...2...drifting further...3...you are asleep.

When you awake Leadbelly will appear to you like an ascended master come to rule over all of mankind. You will shower him with gifts. You will wave palm leaves to keep him cool. You will worship him as if like a god!

Pfffft lidbelly hahahaha wait what.

.la1n

NgTjp.gif

random side note: Dale and Tucker vs Evil is no Netflix and everyone should watch it. EVERYOOOONNNEEEE.

Emitan

only one console has mon hun and bayo2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom