• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

The Last Guardian is vaporware. That house is in so much trouble that the game may not ever be released, which is a shame.

I personally can't get excited about WiiU because I can't see it as anything more than a gimmick again that will be woefully outdated once again when the big boy consoles come out. I've played every game they have in their lineup in some iteration before. It will not become another dust collector in my living room like the Wii was.

What happened to TLG is just laughable, the fact that Sony let it get to such a degree is just shameful honestly. GT5 was basically the same thing but that game came out, even though most people say it was really bad. The same thing is also happening with Versus over at SE, it amazes me that they will be able to pump out 3 Lightning games (two of which nobody even wants) and yet they haven't been able to give anything new on Versus in a long fucking time.

As for the Wii U, it has some games I think look cool but nothing that makes me really WANT it. I learned my lesson from buying the Wii and the 360. One of which I got on launch day/soon after and the other I bought for one game. I still enjoy my Wii, I'm currently playing through Xenoblade and it's amazing, I'll also be buying other great games for it that I missed out on. But my 360 has been collecting dust since the day I bought it. Right now I'm focusing on buying older games like PS2, PS1, GCN, N64 and etc games. Some PS3, Wii and maybe a few Xbox/360 games in between but definitely more older stuff. I still haven't bought a 3DS even though I feel like it has a bunch of games I want to play on it, I have other things to hold me over. In the meanwhile I just enjoy watching all the tears and meltdowns from the sidelines. Bayo 2 was so good.

Puddles

Banned
I had the craziest dream. I was in this city that was somehow a composite of New York and San Francisco - it was all on hills like SF, but the Brooklyn Bridge was there instead of the Golden Gate. I was in this automated car with my brother, and neither of us knew how we had gotten there. Suddenly Devolution was there with us, and told us we were going to meet Timedog. We were in someone's apartment, and a bunch of GAF members were there. Cyan came in with his friend and revealed that it was his place and welcomed me to the party. Timedog showed up, but instead of being super tall he was like a miniaturized version, 5'5'' at the most. Cyan was carrying the super white guitar from Wayne's World for whatever reason, and he plugged it into an amp and handed it to me. I played The Star Spangled Banner in a style roughly similar to Jimi Hendrix's version. People were digging it, but then Cyan's female roommate (in this dream he had a female roommate) came in and told me that nobody should play guitar at parties.

Wii U you say?

screen_02tcm2149947.jpg

Sold!

What happened to TLG is just laughable, the fact that Sony let it get to such a degree is just shameful honestly. GT5 was basically the same thing but that game came out, even though most people say it was really bad. The same thing is also happening with Versus over at SE, it amazes me that they will be able to pump out 3 Lightning games (two of which nobody even wants) and yet they haven't been able to give anything new on Versus in a long fucking time.

As for the Wii U, it has some games I think look cool but nothing that makes me really WANT it. I learned my lesson from buying the Wii and the 360. One of which I got on launch day/soon after and the other I bought for one game. I still enjoy my Wii, I'm currently playing through Xenoblade and it's amazing, I'll also be buying other great games for it that I missed out on. But my 360 has been collecting dust since the day I bought it. Right now I'm focusing on buying older games like PS2, PS1, GCN, N64 and etc games. Some PS3, Wii and maybe a few Xbox/360 games in between but definitely more older stuff. I still haven't bought a 3DS even though I feel like it has a bunch of games I want to play on it, I have other things to hold me over. In the meanwhile I just enjoy watching all the tears and meltdowns from the sidelines. Bayo 2 was so good.

Spot on assessment.

I'm really only getting the Wii U because I managed to pre-order it at a ridiculously low price - otherwise I'd have waited until I could pick up a couple of games for cheap.

Davedough

I challenge anyone that gets a Wii U to not have the thing sitting neglected in a corner 1 year after purchase. It's the type of console that will only be brought out when a new first party title comes out, then forgotten once you realize that game isn't anything revolutionary.

I challenge anyone that gets a Wii U to not have the thing sitting neglected in a corner 1 year after purchase. It's the type of console that will only be brought out when a new first party title comes out, then forgotten once you realize that game isn't anything revolutionary.

Pffft, you're just saying that because the Wii was like that and this looks exactly the same.

It's okay, I'll use the Wii U to watch Dr. Who (iPlayer is on the Wii, right?).

*used my Wii more than my 360*

Sorry what?

dralla

Start my new job at Whole Foods today. I had orientation the last 2 days and it was awesome. I do have the late shift though, which kinda sucks, 2-10:30pm, I won't have to sit in traffic at least. So between this and my other job, I'm only gonna have 1 day off a week :( gonna get dat money though

.la1n

I actually see this happening but to be fair my 360 did the same.

Davedough

I honestly dont think I'm going to go multi-console this gen like I did last one. My Xbox 360 just red ringed 2 weeks ago. I rarely play my PS3 and my Wii is in a box somewhere that I honestly cant remember where. I play mostly on Steam and I really enjoy it. I'm thinking this "next gen" I will probably upgrade my video card in my PC and keep on going that route. Microsoft has pissed me off, PlayStation is a shell of their former self and Nintendo (to me) is laughable.

I only have a PS3 and my notebook PC.
Decided not to get a 360 a few years back because I wasn't interested in any of the exclusive games on it (Halo of War is meh to me), so yeah.

Emitan

Sounds like the Xbox 360 to me

leadbelly

Banned
I honestly dont think I'm going to go multi-console this gen like I did last one. My Xbox 360 just red ringed 2 weeks ago. I rarely play my PS3 and my Wii is in a box somewhere that I honestly cant remember where. I play mostly on Steam and I really enjoy it. I'm thinking this "next gen" I will probably upgrade my video card in my PC and keep on going that route. Microsoft has pissed me off, PlayStation is a shell of their former self and Nintendo (to me) is laughable.

I feel the same way about Microsoft. I had three of them red ring on me, the accessories were ludicrously overpriced, and everything that should be free is behind a pay wall. I stopped paying for gold as I hardly played multiplayer games on it. They've also pretty much give up on the hardcore gamer it seems. It's only ever had one or two decent exclusives, and some of them made their way to PC anyway. There has hardly been anything from them this year, and very little in the near future.

Although the PS3 was expensive at launch, Sony have done a good number of things right. Online games are free, it's not region locked, it has the best exclusives for both full priced games and downloadable games, and they have never tried to rip you off with accessories in the same way Microsoft have.

I will probably buy the next Sony console, but I doubt I will buy the next Microsoft one. It seems as if Microsoft's business model for the console division (well pretty every division) is to squeeze every penny they can get out of customers. In comparison, Sony and more so Valve, understand the value of building a good relationship with the community; of providing a good service to the community, not simply to make money out of them, but as a way of keeping them satisfied. Valve for instance are always adding new features to steam. You don't pay anything for these new features, they're there simply to provide a better experience to the steam community. Valve always updates their products with new content. Again this is totally free most of the time. Valve understands that there is benefit in the long-term in building a good relationship with the community.

Hopefully Sony will follow Valve's lead and not Microsoft's in the next generation. Keeping online gaming and other features free, providing good exclusives to their customers, and allowing developers the freedom to provide the service they want, was a good move by Sony in the end. Hopefully they will continue to do so.

leadbelly

Banned
I'm a bit apprehensive about going to sleep now. There was a big bang and the power went off a minute ago. I lifted up the circuit breaker and 'bang!' off it goes again. Turns out it was coming from underneath the sink. I've unplugged the washing machine and dish washer. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. :/

.la1n

No shit your last PSN login was like 3-4 months ago. Useless.

Sounds like the Xbox 360 to me

High five*

Also this makes me happy:
http://rain.nxe7.com/

.la1n

The last game I played on there was Assassin's Creed Revelations. I've not bought anything on the PS3 that has necessitated me firing it up. Steam is my companion.

Steam is my companion as well but there are so many great PS3 games I can play because I have ignored it for so long, best part is they are all super cheap. Just finished Arkham City recently, got it for 15 bucks.

Davedough

Steam is my companion as well but there are so many great PS3 games I can play because I have ignored it for so long, best part is they are all super cheap. Just finished Arkham City recently, got it for 15 bucks.

I dont hate my PS3 in the slightest. And I dont doubt there are a lot of good games for cheap. Right now though, I have a pretty massive backlog on PC that I should get through. The summer/winter sales kill me.

leadbelly

Banned

Not bad at that price. I was disappointed by it. The encounter with Mr Freeze is definitely the best moment in the game. I wish all the boss fights were as well thought out as that.

.la1n

Not bad at that price. I was disappointed by it. The encounter with Mr Freeze is definitely the best moment in the game. I wish all the boss fights were as well thought out as that.

Agreed, didn't enjoy it as much as Asylum. It was a chore to get through at the end with Joker's sniper brigade too.

leadbelly

Banned
Agreed, didn't enjoy it as much as Asylum. It was a chore to get through at the end with Joker's sniper brigade too.

Yeah. I think they tried to do too much with the game. Making it a complete open-world with so many villains just meant the game lost its focus. There are so many things going on in the world and it doesn't quite fit together as one coherent whole. They also never did enough to make each encounter interesting.

Davedough

Yeah. I think they tried to do too much with the game. Making it a complete open-world with so many villains just meant the game lost its focus. There are so many things going on in the world and it doesn't quite fit together as one coherent whole. They also never did enough to make each encounter interesting.

There was absolutely nothing that compelled me to do any side missions. I just burned through the story. Afterwards, I felt done and didn't feel the need to play again as catwoman, as the DLC I had allowed me to do. I dont even own the game anymore, I traded it pretty soon after purchase.

.la1n

There was absolutely nothing that compelled me to do any side missions. I just burned through the story. Afterwards, I felt done and didn't feel the need to play again as catwoman, as the DLC I had allowed me to do. I dont even own the game anymore, I traded it pretty soon after purchase.

Yeah I felt zero reason to trudge through side missions after finishing the main quest. If it wasn't for a friend coming over and playing the vast majority of it I probably would have never finished it. I do hope they focus more for the supposed golden age Batman game they are working on.

Chuckie

Wow...exactly the same thing for me. I read in reviews that City was like a huge even more awesome version of Asylum, but for me Asylum was the perfect Batman game and City a bit of a let down. Still good game, but not Asylum tier :p

Chuckie

Anyone else reading the current Batman run? It's pretty fantastic, next story arc starts in October.

I haven't read Batman in a looooooooooong time (and I mean like 20+ years) Which is odd, because I love the Batman.

What would you recommend me to read? I mean a nice 'clean' starting point.

Acid08

Banned
I haven't read Batman in a looooooooooong time (and I mean like 20+ years) Which is odd, because I love the Batman.

What would you recommend me to read? I mean a nice 'clean' starting point.
Well it was part of the New 52 so it's a good time to jump in!

There are 12 main issues, the 0 issue and the first annual. 1-7 are collected in a trade, The Court Of Owls, start there. I guarantee you'll need to read the rest after finishing it :)

Chuckie

Well it was part of the New 52 so it's a good time to jump in!

There are 12 main issues, the 0 issue and the first annual. 1-7 are collected in a trade, The Court Of Owls, start there. I guarantee you'll need to read the rest after finishing it :)

Thanks mate, I;ll look into it.

.la1n

This reminds me I need to dig up my old comics from storage at my mom's house. I was OCD even when I was a kid so they are still in great condition.

So this Saturday I can either go to my friend's birthday thing or stay at home for a housewarming party the people that have moved in this year are throwing.

...I think I'm gonna spend the night at the cinema.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom