• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't using your phone while driving illegal in the US?

We're Americans, we don't care for the law, unless we are the LAW.
tumblr_mbhzrkFdWG1r5a4tho1_500.jpg

Quoting for this page~

RKAg7.png

Hey, guys! Thanks to CrudeDiabtribe (whom you should be showering with compliments, gifts, and possible sexual favors depending on sobriety), the database we're using for Secret Santa is finally up. So here's the registration URL:

http://realgafsanta.lonelyfridge.com/registration.php

This is for Real-GAF only, this is not a GAF-at-large Secret Santa. Not anything against anyone else, that would just be too big and unmanageable. So if you're not part of this community, exercise your best judgment. Similarly, don't join if you don't think you can reciprocate presents - this is a big circle of gift-giving to people you hopefully consider friends. We don't want anyone stiffed on this.

OKAY THAT'S ALL THE BAD STUFF OUT OF THE WAY. If you haven't clicked the URL yet, here's what you'll need to be inputting: Your GAF name, your Real Name, your e-mail (don't put a fake one, it is how you will get your Santee information), your address, and any notes and Game Systems you want to add. Try using the last area to put, say, Steam names or what you would like.

The registration will officially close on November 10th, midnight eastern standard time, so you have that long to register. After that, e-mails will be disbursed and everyone will find out who they are buying for. Crude and I will be looking over everything to make sure there are no issues and everyone has a merry Christmas.

But everyone lives in weird places!

Kind of! Luckily, there are options. If you have someone on Steam, you can purchase through there for international people (note that there are rare game exceptions, such as Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, that will not boot up from IPs in Germany, so make sure you double-check on that sort of thing). There are several countries that have their own Amazon delivery, so barring maybe a phone call from your bank, that is a good way to get items to someone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=487250 - International hubs for Amazon

Usually you can just google "Amazon (country name)" and find what you're looking for and sometimes bigger Amazon hubs may ship to neighboring countries for cheap. So those are your best bets for buying those things for people.

If none of those options work, well...shipping options exist and they might not be TOO expensive. But hopefully it won't come to that. If there is a big problem that just can't be worked around, PM me and I'll see what we can figure out. It will probably involve me talking to the Santee to see what can be done.

But I'm awful at buying presents!

Probably! Most people are! But that's okay! Steam has a wishlist feature if you're going that route. If not, there's a notes section in the registration where hopefully your santee has decided to put what they wanted. And if that doesn't pan out, maybe look through their GAF post history and try and get a feel for what they might want.

And for all the santees, don't be a jerk! People are doing their best to shop for you, so don't get mad if you don't get exactly what you want. We're all friends here, so let's act like it. The important thing is to have fun with it!

Edit: After thinking about it, cap is $75, minimum is $10.

dralla

well fuck this, the girl from work I wub has a BF already, ughhh, maybe if I just murder him..

I am meeting someone tomorrow off OKC, maybe that'll go well *shrugs*

I also had a good dinner, butter makes everything better. more butter plz

I was actually into Korean way before Gangnam Style, for the purpose of living in a Korean buddhist temple.

That's pretty cool! I'd love to live in a buddhist temple! It would be so peaceful, and with great food!

Even as a Korean guy I can't see much appeal in learning the language. I guess if you like Korean pop culture.. Or our literature, although you'd actually have to live here to actually understand any of it. Hell, most Koreans have trouble in understanding Korean literature.

Hangul is fucking good stuff though.
I started taking it cause I was interested in Korean politics and history. Probably the first of my kind :p Korean dramas kind of annoy me, most of them are really low quality. Korean music I'm getting into, but only as an offset of learning Korean really. I also really enjoy the parallels it has with the Japanese languages as well, thinking of doing my thesis on it actually.

The only "korean literature" I've read was an old folk tale called the shower that had a story that didn't really make sense.

Hangul would be the perfect alphabet if it had an F.

But I have to learn Japanese first!

Do both, I did! Now when i listen to the Asian pop channel I can understand ~everything~

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Heh. I logged on to my Nanowrimo page and looked at my Writing Buddies list.

Turns out last year I had friended Dave, BUT HE DIDN'T FRIEND ME BACK. :O

*sniff*

I have been doing Nanowrimo for way too many years.

Davedough

Heh. I logged on to my Nanowrimo page and looked at my Writing Buddies list.

Turns out last year I had friended Dave, BUT HE DIDN'T FRIEND ME BACK. :O

*sniff*

I have been doing Nanowrimo for way too many years.

=O I had no idea!!!

I dropped out of NaNoWriMo pretty early last year because of weird problems I was having. I didn't log in to the page at all after I dropped it.

EDIT: LIES!!!!!!

98KK9.png

.la1n

That's pretty cool! I'd love to live in a buddhist temple! It would be so peaceful, and with great food!

I started taking it cause I was interested in Korean politics and history. Probably the first of my kind :p Korean dramas kind of annoy me, most of them are really low quality. Korean music I'm getting into, but only as an offset of learning Korean really. I also really enjoy the parallels it has with the Japanese languages as well, thinking of doing my thesis on it actually.

The only "korean literature" I've read was an old folk tale called the shower that had a story that didn't really make sense.

Do both, I did! Now when i listen to the Asian pop channel I can understand ~everything~

Shan you are a good person for learning Korean, you get a gold star. chuka haeyo.

That's dope dood. I want to learn Korean as well. One day..................

Davedough

I'm only learning Korean so I can be next Supreme Leader of Best Korea.

나는 한국어 할 줄 몰라,하지만 난 TV에서 하나를 재생

I would just like to make a quick complaint to people in general:

Stop fucking saying that sequels and remakes are unnecessary. All films/games/TV programs etc. are unnecessary. It's a fucking stupid-ass complaint.

ZeroRay

=O I had no idea!!!

I dropped out of NaNoWriMo pretty early last year because of weird problems I was having. I didn't log in to the page at all after I dropped it.

http://i.imgur.com/98KK9.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I find it really inefficient that on NaNoWriMo, both of you have to add each other.

Well, that's what you get when you have writers design a webpage. :p

Chuckie

I would just like to make a quick complaint to people in general:

Stop fucking saying that sequels and remakes are unnecessary. All films/games/TV programs etc. are unnecessary. It's a fucking stupid-ass complaint.

Well...in the grand scheme of this universe everything is unnecessary.
There is a scale of unnecessariness though...

In the movie world I'd rank Schindlers List a 1/10 in unnecessariness... a tasing pg-13 Robocop gets a 10/10 from me :p

EVOL 100%

That's a cool reason to learn it, better than learning it to watch bad dramas for sure or
like the way I'm learning Japanese to play vidya gaems

I'm only learning Korean so I can be next Supreme Leader of Best Korea.

나는 한국어 할 줄 몰라,하지만 난 TV에서 하나를 재생

Joke's on you, Best Korea's Korean is quite different with the South's.

Well...in the grand scheme of this universe everything is unnecessary.
There is a scale of unnecessariness though...

In the movie world I'd rank Schindlers List a 1/10 in unnecessariness... a tasing pg-13 Robocop gets a 10/10 from me :p

They're all still pretty damned unnecessary though.

Also the originals WILL STILL EXIST. People don't have to see them.

Basically people whining about the existence of something that doesn't affect them at all is annoying as fuck. Goddamned nerds.

Breaking: Lissar accuses Dave of incompetence.

<Lissar> He was in my buddy list, but not in my buddy of list
<Lissar> So I added him, but he didn't add me
<Lissar> It takes two to buddy
<Lissar> He probably saw his "buddy of" list and said "there she is!"

Lissar

Reluctant Member
=O I had no idea!!!

98KK9.png

Was that the "Buddy of" list? Because that list shows the people who added you, not the other way around.

MAYBE THIS WAS THE PROBLEM.

Nanowrimo site is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom