• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawPower

Banned
As far as this thread is concerned, am I the only one hoping that it stays the way it is and doesn't grow too large? I kinda like how it's just one small group of friends in here.

Chuckie

image.php
: I'm bored
image.php
: I can't sleep
image.php
:...
image.php
image.php
image.php
chirp.png

I don't want this subtle comic go to waste.

Ashes

Banned
As far as this thread is concerned, am I the only one hoping that it stays the way it is and doesn't grow too large? I kinda like how it's just one small group of friends in here.

The bigger it is the more personalities there are, and the more vibrant the conversation is.

AnkitT

I dont know whats going on in here, and I never really did to be honest. But I see peeps have moved on to the newer trends and such. Such brevity in these impulses.

Ashes

Banned
I dont know whats going on in here, and I never really did to be honest. But I see peeps have moved on to the newer trends and such. Such brevity in these impulses.

The letters thing was a deliberate thread, but the above just sorta happened. And Lol at Zeppu posting above. Serendipity.

Zeppu

Oh! I wasn't with you guys but I experienced that myself as well, so I guess I didn't miss much.

Clothes are for squares.

Zeppu

RawPower, our official Local Ninja™.

Btw dude, I haven't congratulated you on your Memberdom. Awesome stuff, you started out with the best community immediately ;)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I remember I got mine in the very first girl-gaf topic that got locked a year or so ago. I remember commenting about Munch's (another girl who doesn't post anymore) tag which she also got in the same topic. Hers was "magically sprouted a penis" because a guy said there are no girls on the internetz and that's what she said in reply. I told her "oh noes, you've been marked by a filthy mod! I'm still pure as the day I signed up" and lo and behold not pure anymore. :| Ah good times, I miss those girls.

Hey, why aren't you using an 'I made an art' avatar? :p

Its weird, I've gotten close to this avatar, haha. I will be alternating between the two in feb. And thank you sooo much for making one for me! :D

Zeppu

Last thing we want is to come off as creepy :O

I do remember participating in the first Girl-GAF thread which Inanna mentions.

Chuckie

I always feel guilty about posting in the Girl GAF thread, even if guys are technically allowed to. I don't know why.

Feeling creepy? Girls are a 'rarity' on gaf so when one meets one, it is nice to talk to them, see how they feel about stuff. However when you do, you also feel a bit 'homing in' on the girl, even if that is not the intention.

Guy A: Morning
Guy B: Morning
Guy C: Morning
Girl A: Morning
Tence: Morning Girl A:
Guy A, B, C: Tence, you fucking creeper
Tence: Sorry :(

Anyway, if you do, make sure you go in like this:
ninja.png

RawPower

Banned
Last thing we want is to come off as creepy :O

That usually happens no matter what I do, at least in real life. D:

I don't think I'd ever date a gaming girl, to be honest. Gaming is something I prefer to do on my own. And trying to hit on them over the internet sounds even dumber. That would be uncomfortable for both me AND the girl in question. :p

Also, I guess I feel guilty because I don't want to spoil their fun by "guying" up the thread with my presence. So I mostly stay out of there unless I have a question or witty remark to make. XD

RawPower

Banned
Feeling creepy? Girls are a 'rarity' on gaf so when one meets one, it is nice to talk to them, see how they feel about stuff. However when you do, you also feel a bit 'homing in' on the girl, even if that is not the intention.

I'm sure that ties into it too. Although like I said, gaming girls just ain't my bag, dad.

Zeppu

I'm mostly kidding btw. The females on here are very down to earth and approachable which would explain why they've created the mangaf asks ladygaf thread. I don't see why just because 'gaming girls just ain't my bag' should change anything, it's interesting to get a woman's perspective about things which you already like.

I find it interesting at least...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I don't think I'd ever date a gaming girl, to be honest. Gaming is something I prefer to do on my own. And trying to hit on them over the internet sounds even dumber. That would be uncomfortable for both me AND the girl in question. :p

Just because your girl likes playing games doesn't mean you guys always have to play together.

I've dated guys that were non-gamers and guys that were, my fiance is a gamer so he understand my hobby and doesn't judge me because of it. Non-gamer guys/girls are sometimes a bit judgemental about it, though. I have a few friends that hate their significant others playing games for hours and spending money on it but they themselves have so many other hobbies that they can spend ages doing and spend insane amount of money on but that doesn't matter because in their mind gaming is useless and only for children or immature people. :\

Gamer or non-gamer, we're all the same really. Its just a hobby.

Ashes

Banned
Just because your girl likes playing games doesn't mean you guys always have to play together.

I've dated guys that were non-gamers and guys that were, my fiance is a gamer so he understand my hobby and doesn't judge me because of it. Non-gamer guys/girls are sometimes a bit judgemental about it, though. I have a few friends that hate their significant others playing games for hours and spending money on it but they themselves have so many other hobbies that they can spend ages doing and spend insane amount of money on but that doesn't matter because in their mind gaming is useless and only for children or immature people. :\

Gamer girls or non-gamers girl, we're all the same really. Its just a hobby.

It's like watching telly.... Why not?

RawPower

Banned

Gamer or non-gamer, we're all the same really. Its just a hobby.

Fair enough. I may have exaggerated a bit. I don't think I'd write it off entirely. It would mostly depend on what kind of personality she has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom