• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

I would be completely involved in an RPG month. I didn't post my stats... I'm not sure I know what you mean though, Lissar. Also, I dont know if I have any wizard hats, since I'd have to be a mage of some sort.

Chuckie

That is some seriously awesome art! My personal favorites are the Drac'O'Lantern and the Elf Lady. Beautiful colours too.

jackdraculaolanterncc.jpg

elflady9.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Thanks! Everyone says that about that one.

Although, that's also what I mean by 30 minutes vs. 30 hours D: I mean, I like that people like my art, but at the same time I'm like "Why did I put 30 hours into this!?"

Also, was looking through old stuff. I really need to finish this one sometime:

hitoshurawip.jpg

At the peak of my KH fan-ness:

roxasduals2.jpg

jasonng

I'm working on sorting myself out as we speak, as a matter of fact. And yes, I do have a learner's permit.
Great to hear. As absurd as it sounds, you can always fall back on gaf to give you encouragement. I would like nothing more but to hear you get back on your feet.

Puddles

Banned
Courage the Uncowardly Wolf. Hail.

I'm working on sorting myself out as we speak, as a matter of fact. And yes, I do have a learner's permit.

Getting behind the wheel by yourself is very empowering. I was late to the driving party as well (20 when I got my license, although I am an extremely precise driver, go figure), and being able to drive is a confidence boost roughly equal to losing your virginity. People who get their license at 16 don't really realize this.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I would be completely involved in an RPG month. I didn't post my stats... I'm not sure I know what you mean though, Lissar. Also, I dont know if I have any wizard hats, since I'd have to be a mage of some sort.

I mean I can draw everyone an RPG style portrait :D If they just send their stats and the image they want me to use as a reference, I could do that quite easily!

That is some seriously awesome art! My personal favorites are the Drac'O'Lantern and the Elf Lady. Beautiful colours too.

Thanks! That was near the beginning of my painting in that particular style. Actually the elf was when I had some sort of art revelation. My art changed quite a bit.

RawPower

Banned
Great to hear. As absurd as it sounds, you can always fall back on gaf to give you encouragement. I would like nothing more but to hear you get back on your feet.

As absurd as THIS sounds, I've come to see GAF (more specifically, those that frequent this thread) more as friends than as random avatars with opinions. I'm not even joking about that. I appreciate the help ya'll are giving me.

.la1n

Courage wolf always (almost always) is the way to lead a successful life.

edit: Jason you are still around? Good man. Every single one of you in this thread are my friends. Love all you guys.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
As absurd as THIS sounds, I've come to see GAF (more specifically, those that frequent this thread) more as friends than as random avatars with opinions. I'm not even joking about that. I appreciate the help ya'll are giving me.

I think we all do, that's why we stick around.

You guys are all awesome. All of you! Yes you there, lurking, not posting in the thread. I even think YOU are awesome.

Davedough

I mean I can draw everyone an RPG style portrait :D If they just send their stats and the image they want me to use as a reference, I could do that quite easily!

You're just trying to get me to pose as some RPG character so you can them humiliate me later with the pics and photoshops that are sure to come afterwards. I'm onto your tricks!

RawPower

Banned
I think we all do, that's why we stick around.

You guys are all awesome. All of you! Yes you there, lurking, not posting in the thread. I even think YOU are awesome.

Yep. I tend to be quite negative, but I know deep down I'm a good guy. At least you all seem to recognize that. At least, I THINK you do. XD

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You're just trying to get me to pose as some RPG character so you can them humiliate me later with the pics and photoshops that are sure to come afterwards. I'm onto your tricks!

I just want to draw a robe and wizard hat on everyone ;.;

But no, I'm actually 100% serious on this.

Also, making a shout out to lurkers felt as though I was breaking the fourth wall. Someone in RealGAF is talking to the audience D:

Puddles

Banned

Also, making a shout out to lurkers felt as though I were breaking the fourth wall. Someone in RealGAF is talking to the audience D:

I always play a rogue though. Or in tech-based RPGs, a sniper.

Davedough

Also, making a shout out to lurkers felt as though I were breaking the fourth wall. Someone in RealGAF is talking to the audience D:

lol... how many do you think went... "oh crap, she knows about me!"

You've just sent them on an introverted spiral into the lower pits of lurkdom.

Chuckie

Time for me to go to bed my dear friends of RP/FP-Gaf

I will leave you with this repost for all the doubters/lurkers/shy people who are to ashamed to ask me for an avatar:

neogafFPF.png

Nighty night!

balddemon

Banned
first post here...read the page 16 epic of my friend coldvein's banning :( and then page 17..and then skipped to the last page to

ask for a picture!

edit: ...lol dat timing ^^^^

Also, making a shout out to lurkers felt as though I was breaking the fourth wall. Someone in RealGAF is talking to the audience D:

Sweeeeeeet

March will be a good month!

Chuckie

I want to be a black mage, I want to be a black mage! Vivi is my hero!

Tence we owe you good sir, you are a true artist.

<3

jasonng

Jason you are still around? Good man. Every single one of you in this thread are my friends. Love all you guys.
I came to simply troll HP and be on my way. Somehow three hours flew by and I'm still here.

I will never ignore anyone who's in need of encouragement. I don't claim to be an expert, I just know how it feels when shit hits the fan and all I needed was someone to help me snap out of my funk. I can't tell you how helpful those moments are.

You can always PM me if you ever need an ear. I will listen.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I always play a rogue though. Or in tech-based RPGs, a sniper.

If RPGs are the next theme, I'd love to be a knight.

You can be whatever class you choose :D We won't even be picky about this. It's a mix and match RPG. Fantasy elements, sci-fi, anything you want!

We'll need to keep stats the same, for fairness.

edit: I'll also need the whole month to get prepared for it if we're doing it in March. We'll have to think of how we want to balance the stats and then everyone can send me a picture to work from.

lol... how many do you think went... "oh crap, she knows about me!"

You've just sent them on an introverted spiral into the lower pits of lurkdom.

I kind of just wanted to goad some lurkers into posting! The more the merrier.

Sucks for lurkers that haven't been approved yet though. :x I hope they'll be able to join our little community soon.

Just because you did this, I am going to treat everybody at the party I go to on Saturday especially nicely.

I was going to do this anyway! :)

You can be whatever class you choose :D We won't even be picky about this. It's a mix and match RPG. Fantasy elements, sci-fi, anything you want!

We'll need to keep stats the same, for fairness.

edit: I'll also need the whole month to get prepared for it if we're doing it in March. We'll have to think of how we want to balance the stats and then everyone can send me a picture to work from.

I wanna be a Blue Mage! =D
Since I know I'll be the only one. :(

ZeroRay

My usual class is a mix of stealth and combat.

A rouge, ranger, or assassin would be awesome. The system we should use should be D&D because it's awesome.

Have no idea who I could be in a RPG

That would be a tough one to ponder

Anyway, I'm finally gonna take that nap. I'll be in the TC later tonight. Have fun in the meantime

AND BREAD YOUR CATS!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I wanna be a Blue Mage! =D
Since I know I'll be the only one. :(

Blue Mages are awesome :D They are like... zoologists. Examining animals and their behavior. Except they also get to use the spells they learn about. Fascinating!

I'm not sure whether I want to be an FF class or something from another class system altogether.

Oh, I know :O I should be a Scholar!

I am totally indifferent to class choice. Surprise me. Unless that is annoying, in which case I'll pick something, but the artist usually knows best.

I'm gonna stick with my original pic the whole year if possible (if we manage to come up with 9 more themes!), then use something different next January.

Here are a couple large versions for ya Lissar :) Feel free to incorporate the full picture, whichever route is maximum awesome.

j5kBj.jpg

UcRQd.jpg

ZeroRay

I am totally indifferent to class choice. Surprise me. Unless that is annoying, in which case I'll pick something, but the artist usually knows best.

I'm gonna stick with my original pic the whole year if possible (if we manage to come up with 9 more themes!), then use something different next January.

Here are a couple large versions for ya Lissar :) Feel free to incorporate the full picture, whichever route is maximum awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/j5kBj.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UcRQd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude those runes on your shirt are fucking awesome. Didn't notice them before.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

You should choose whatever class you want to be. Do you have any particular classes you usually play?

Also, everyone should PM me their pics and class choices to keep it organized.

Blue Mages are awesome :D They are like... zoologists. Examining animals and their behavior. Except they also get to use the spells they learn about. Fascinating!

I'm not sure whether I want to be an FF class or something from another class system altogether.

Oh, I know :O I should be a Scholar!

I always wonder why Self-Destruct is a common BM spell. It HAS to be some sort of running joke. I can't imagine any Blue Mage thinking to his/herself, "oh so THAT'S how you blow yourself up."

Wait, we're discussing who we'd be during role playing? Okay, I'll be the pilot, y'all can be the stewards and stewardesses. Party in the "cockpit". :D

Judging from my current avatar, I guess I have no choice but to join .la1n in the fire mage guild.

Unless there's, I dunno, a Cleric of Booze class.

Sorry Lissar, you're right of course, PM is more appropriate. And I will go ahead and pick a class, need a bit of thinking time. I'll PM you the pic again when I settle on something.

Dude those runes on your shirt are fucking awesome. Didn't notice them before.

What runes? Oh, you mean my dancing zombies? ;) But thanks!

nAnN7.jpg

Lets go with Final Fantasy Tactics classes.

H Pro is a Dancer.
la1n is a Black Mage
SA is a Time Mage because he's always seems so still
Dave is a Monk since he's shirtless
Puddles is a Bard

Not sure what I'd be though.

.la1n

I think it is fairly easy to figure out what class I always play.

edit: damn James already nailed it. lmao.

SRG01

H Pro is a Dancer.
la1n is a Black Mage
Puddles is a Bard

What am I? I used to be a bag of Starbursts on TC...

Davedough

H Pro is a Dancer.
la1n is a Black Mage
Puddles is a Bard

I like the cut of your jib.

Edit: I like this idea. 1. I'm bald. 2. I'm dead sexy shirtless and 3. I have almost otherworldly knowledge and advice that can turn the world into a magical place if one would only listen.

How could I not be a monk?

Edit Edit: Now I just have to get Lissar a picture of me, shirtless
and hope she can stencil in some abs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom