• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Like this?

Fp5xb.jpg
I wonder what the balls on its head are for.

And even then, it is very easy for one person of the two to not take it as seriously as the other when it is mostly online. It is more of a danger there than relationships that are mostly in the physical world.

I know I'm late to the discussion, but I'd just like to chime in how horrifyingly accurate this is. I've been burned very badly recently because of it. But enough of that sadness, MORNING'S HERE!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So what is the creepiest, most horrifying bug you guys have ever seen? Post pics please.

Note that, as far as bug sightings go I haven't really been around the block, but even the thought of these freak me out. I'm not even going to post the pic in the thread because my heart starts pounding whenever I see one ;.;

Ashes

Banned
Note that, as far as bug sightings go I haven't really been around the block, but even the thought of these freak me out. I'm not even going to post the pic in the thread because my heart starts pounding whenever I see one ;.;

Apparently its to do with the fear of disease.

Note that, as far as bug sightings go I haven't really been around the block, but even the thought of these freak me out. I'm not even going to post in the thread because my heart starts pounding whenever I see one ;.;

Ah, I have a story for you.

When I was a kid on Oahu, those things were everywhere. We'd find centipedes 6-12 inches long, cut their heads off and watch them run around for hours.

My 1st grade teacher once found a centipede that was nearly two feet long on her bed in the middle of the night. This was a breach of the truce people have with bugs in Hawaii: never leave your bed until sunrise and they won't bother you. So she immediately killed it, preserved it, put it in a long vial and hung it on the wall of the classroom where it remained until she retired just a few years ago. One of the most horrific monsters I have ever seen. The bugs in Hawaii really are amazing. It's ridiculous how large they get.

NO

bailout.gif

trollface.jpg

edit: oh fine, no more bugs! Pansies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm not even that scared of bugs, to be honest.

It's just those.

Like I said, I had one just like that crawl out of my bedding one day D:

Davedough

For our game, RPG RPG (Real Pic Gaf Role Playing Game), we're going to need to name the world. I had mildly suggested Gaflantis in one of my earlier posts. What are some other suggestions?

What's the setting? Medievil fantasy?

I'm not even that scared of bugs, to be honest.

It's just those.

Like I said, I had one just like that crawl out of my bedding one day D:
I am okay with most bugs

Giant roaches and spiders cross the line

I will kill them with more adrenaline and vigor than if I were protecting a loved one from harm

I am okay with most bugs

Giant roaches and spiders cross the line

I will kill them with more adrenaline and vigor than if I were protecting a loved one from harm

Yeah these two I won't tolerate. I paid an exterminator $250 to remove some harmless-but-scary-large spiders from my house over the summer. Worth every damn dime.

Acid08

Banned
For our game, RPG RPG (Real Pic Gaf Role Playing Game), we're going to need to name the world. I had mildly suggested Gaflantis in one of my earlier posts. What are some other suggestions?

Gafopolis if it's Steampunk.

Ashes

Banned

If you think about it, 2012 is epic enough.

Puddles

Banned
I still go back to all of the god fights in that. Hades is the best of them all, in my opinion.

Nothing compares to fighting the Fates in God of War 2, IMO.

I really liked God of War 3 (except for the ridiculous ending), but God of War 2 was definitely better.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

I'm actually not a fan of medieval settings :x But I can deal with them as long as they are done in an interesting way.

I love a modern setting, actually. A while back I was thinking of different ways FF could mix things up by making a game in a world just like ours (though more colorful and less dramatic than Versus.) Here are some sketches I came up with:

group.jpg

My idea was that they would be college students, and their majors are their class. Each class being somewhat similar to a traditional FF class. For example White Mage here is a nursing student, Black Mage is a computer scientist. Fighter is actually a law student who boxes as a hobby. I can't remember what I had for Red Mage.

Anyway, I really like this idea. Would love to do something with it someday (even if I had to tone down the obvious FF references.)

Davedough

Steampunk, bitches

I like this, provided we won't have a typical GAF discussion about what Steampunk is and if it is truuuueeeely a genre or a subgenre or whatever the fuck.

Mid-20th century new york

Ok, but what event triggered the protagonists to have anything worth saving, any superfluous powers or abilities that make them best suited to do so or motive?

It bit your dick didn't it?

Close... wrong region.

If you think about it, 2012 is epic enough.

Not yet, but by the time 2012 becomes epic, we'll all be gone.

I like this, provided we won't have a typical GAF discussion about what Steampunk is and if it is truuuueeeely a genre or a subgenre or whatever the fuck.

profile_stache.jpg

According to virtually everyone at the Steampunk World's Fair last year, this somehow qualifies.

Yeah, I was surprised, too.

Davedough

My idea was that they would be college students, and their majors are their class. Each class being somewhat similar to a traditional FF class. For example White Mage here is a nursing student, Black Mage is a computer scientist. Fighter is actually a law student who boxes as a hobby. I can't remember what I had for Red Mage.

Anyway, I really like this idea. Would love to do something with it someday (even if I had to tone down the obvious FF references.)

I would totally play that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom