• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Circlehard

Triangletough

Quadranglesolid

Anyway, my dream job was always to be a concept artist. But then I thought I didn't know if I could work so well with being ordered to draw things in a certain way.

If I did though I'd love to work with an indie dev. Definitely not a big house dev. I like smaller games for the most part anyway. My game idea that I posted earlier was definitely going to be a neo-retro type game.

Well I haven't figured that part out yet. You must do something hate worthy? Do you like dark chocolate food?

I like food tastes but I don't like eating. Does that make sense? D:

Aaaaahhh shit!

My Skyward Sword disc is scratched to hell. I let my nephew play my Wii last night and I told him specifically to take it out and the cover is right next to the machine to be returned to AND HE DIDN'T PUT IT IN THERE.

I was so much more responsible when I was 10 it's ridiculous. I'm full of that furious anger

Davedough

Aaaaahhh shit!

My Skyward Sword disc is scratched to hell. I let my nephew play my Wii last night and I told him specifically to take it out and the cover is right next to the machine to be returned to AND HE DIDN'T PUT IT IN THERE.

I was so much more responsible when I was 10 it's ridiculous. I'm full of that furious anger

SDpOT.jpg

Aaaaahhh shit!

Are the scratches really deep? If they're just surface scratches, something like a disc doctor might be able to help.

Aaaaahhh shit!

Your sibling owes you fifty dollars.

Are the scratches really deep? If they're just surface scratches, something like a disc doctor might be able to help.

Buffing might do it, but they're deep and numerous. It got dragged around naked after he left it lying around which caused the damage. Even if still works fine I'm still insanely mad right now.

My sister has me watch him so often now and I'm expected to keep him entertained... it's a real pain in the ass.

Is that the one where the guy is an immortal and often times his body blows to pieces and you have to roll around to get all the pieces together again?

If so, that one LOOKED bad.

Yeah.

It's just...boring and awkward to play

Also you have a sidekick who seems to have no actual point except for the camera to focus on her boobs a lot.

Davedough

Yeah.

It's just...boring and awkward to play

Also you have a sidekick who seems to have no actual point except for the camera to focus on her boobs a lot.

Didn't you get the memo? That's what all of us gamers want. If its got boobs, its an instant classic. Just look at Tomonobu Itagaki's career. Clearly there's some merit to it <rollseyes>

Lissar

Reluctant Member
That she would...that she would...

PM me a portfolio if you have anything Lissar.

I used to have an official site with my portfolio and everything, but I couldn't afford it any longer :/

I have a few things over here:

http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww225/Lissar/Art Examples/

*checks embargo date*

Okay so I started Neverdead

THIS GAME IS SO BAD

More like, NeverHeardOf

*checks*

The cover makes me think of No More Heroes, but not as awesome.

So, like, every time you get hit, you lose a limb.

And you get hit a lot because you're sluggish and the camera blows.

But the only way you can get your jumps back is to do the roll move over them but this also allows you to miss them.

So 80% of battles is just rolling around, trying to aim for your limbs so you can start attacking again.

Also most of the rooms are "Here's 5 spawn pods, the door is locked, kill everything before you can move on." The spawn pods are only weak at certain times, so you have to just wait behind one, kill enemies until it opens up, attack it, and keep repeating for everything in the room.

There's these weird flashes of brilliance in here, too. Like ripping off your own head and using it like a morphball from Metroid Prime.

Or ripping off your gun arm and throwing it inside a monster so you can shoot it from the inside.

But the rest is just pure crap.

OH I FORGOT There is a JPOP dance scene at one point because you're protecting a singer from being attacked by demons. And this is ostensibly a concert so she's on stage and singing but she's just awkwardly shuffling back and forth and her mouth is not even moving as the music goes.

THIS IS A GAME YOU ARE GETTING INSTEAD OF ZONE OF THE ENDERS 3.

Davedough

There's these weird flashes of brilliance in here, too. Like ripping off your own head and using it like a morphball from Metroid Prime.

Or ripping off your gun arm and throwing it inside a monster so you can shoot it from the inside.

OH I FORGOT There is a JPOP dance scene at one point because you're protecting a singer from being attacked by demons. And this is ostensibly a concert so she's on stage and singing but she's just awkwardly shuffling back and forth and her mouth is not even moving as the music goes.

That final sentence makes baby jesus cry.

It's a shame, it sounds like there's a good idea for a game in there somewhere. Oh well.

No we don't. ;p

edit: Oh I thought that said "And YOU guys"

Haha. No, no. I've met tons of cool guys that also sort of shake their head and the useless boob characters, but whenever I see an article like this go up on Kotaku, there's a rabid contingent that think women's goal in life is to rob them of their fun. All I ask (at a minimum) is to make her at least have a point besides toggling the 'joy'stick.

They think their demographic is a bunch of mouth breathing basement dwellers. Which one of them wouldn't want to objectify ridiculously proportioned women?

Sad, but true.

Idealized/exaggerated female physiques are one of those outdated design strategies that really have little place in the current market. Want more female gamers, mainstream pubs? Cut that shit out. Quit going for the easy buck and look at the long term.

Davedough

Sad, but true.

The last game that I can think of that really threw me for a loop and soiled my opinion of the overall impact of the game was Lost Odyssey. I dont remember the Queen's name anymore, but the one wearing a skimpy Sorcerer's "dress" with the V neck down to her navel and veiny boobs hanging out from within. I remember talking to my TV asking, is that really necessary? And how many times did the camera go directly into her cleavage?

You can do sexy sorceress and not have to be wearing a G-String. Granted, she still had a lot of cleavage, but Lulu from Final Fantasy X had a sexy costume and it was a full length dress. They could have even covered up her volumptuousness and it'd still end up being an attractive, powerful character.

All I ask (at a minimum) is to make her at least have a point besides toggling the 'joy'stick. .

How did you feel about boobaxis in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Frankly I was disconcerted about the way their breasts twitched uncontrollably at even the slightest movement.

All the while though the boobs I mean female characters had interesting movesets and made an interesting addition to the game.

What say you?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Haha. No, no. I've met tons of cool guys that also sort of shake their head and the useless boob characters, but whenever I see an article like this go up on Kotaku, there's a rabid contingent that think women's goal in life is to rob them of their fun. All I ask (at a minimum) is to make her at least have a point besides toggling the 'joy'stick.

Sad, but true.

Yeah, really. I don't mind a sexy character. In fact, sexy characters can be great! But when that is ALL they are, that's where the problem is. You can have someone be sexy and have them be a deep, interesting character too.

That's one reason I like Bayonetta is a character. While the game's plot isn't exactly deep, I thought she was an interesting character. She's sexy, but she's not doing it for you. The only thing I found a bit objectionable were the gratuitous crotch shots.

How did you feel about boobaxis in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Frankly I was disconcerted about the way their breasts twitched uncontrollably at even the slightest movement.

All the while though the boobs I mean female characters had interesting movesets and made an interesting addition to the game.

What say you?

I find it less objectionable than silly. I mean if guys want to waste their time making boobs that flap in the wind, go for it. I'm just going to roll my eyes.

Davedough

What say you?

sjsnO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom