• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really liked the color of our new cat so we had our dog dyed to match

Q9Ta8l.jpg

Again for reference:

N5Kyll.jpg

...weird right? We just noticed this morning.

Afternoon, RP! We did our best to represent at the meet last night. And seeing how the thread hasn't been locked since then, it means we didn't make too big a fool of ourselves. :) Hope to meet you all at future get togethers (Count! DTLA crawl!).

aveyal.jpg

Sorry, Puddles! Where were you for this...???

Figured as much. :p

You'll be at the next one, Raw (NY meet up is coming up)! Good times for everyone!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Wow, Echo :O What a pair.

I should get a black dog to match my black cat... except I think that would make her extremely depressed. I don't need a depressed cat.

Wow, Echo :O What a pair.

I should get a black dog to match my black cat... except I think that would make her extremely depressed. I don't need a depressed cat.

My cat got depressed by one and one thing only

Reflective floors

He did not understand the concept and the first few freakouts only stopped because he would eventually fall in to depression at the reality of this thing existing

We really liked the color of our new cat so we had our dog dyed to match

http://i.imgur.com/Q9Ta8l.jpg[IMG]

Again for reference:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N5Kyll.jpg[IMG]

...weird right? We just noticed this morning.[/QUOTE]

:D hahaha. Nice! I thought you were bringing two kitties home, though?

[quote="RawPower, post: 34864802"]Indeed, I will be. When is that, anyway?[/QUOTE]

Not sure exactly. Maybe the 17th? Or the 14th? They need to start a thread or something. I'll just be there by chance.

[quote="Tence, post: 34864822"]It makes me sad to realise I will never ever meet you guys.[/QUOTE]

Gaf just needs to make an international get together happen. Or you could come out for E3? ;) We'll have a large concentration of gaffers in LA for that.

[quote="CountAntonius, post: 34864838"]I wish meetups weren't all at bars TBH.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think it makes it more comfortable for people who need the social lubrication. Where would you do a meet up, though?

[quote="InfiniteNine, post: 34864872"]The dude hover handing you looks like my roommate HP. O:[/QUOTE]

That's Doitlive. Is he secretly your roommate and gaf just got really real? :O

Well, I think it makes it more comfortable for people who need the social lubrication. Where would you do a meet up, though?

I guess you are right. Attending a meet up of strangers is something I've never done so I don't think there is an ideal place. I'll have those awkward anxious moments regardless.

I guess you are right. Attending a meet up of strangers is something I've never done so I don't think there is an ideal place. I'll have those awkward anxious moments regardless.

Eating or drinking is also a good way to get around awkward silences with someone you just met.

My go-to for ignoring awkward silences is to pull out and look at my phone for no real reason.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
My cat got depressed by one and one thing only

Reflective floors

He did not understand the concept and the first few freakouts only stopped because he would eventually fall in to depression at the reality of this thing existing

Remind me not to introduce my cat to reflective floors.

Though she has never been freaked out by weird human things. She has always been pretty quick at catching on to what they were for.

You would be most welcome. Our house is always open for nice people like you.

I'll have to see if my boyfriend wouldn't mind, whenever we decide our trip. I'd love to meet both you and your wife :D

Yeah but they thought the cat we really liked would do better solo. We'll probably try it sometime but we're in no hurry.

All of my family cats are definitely solo cats. It's really sad to see them try to deal with each other, but we can't let any of them go either. Two were street cats and one is an adopted cat. Now that we've given them a home, I can't imagine giving them to someone else, despite the problems :< They all have their own special rooms in the house though, that keeps down fighting.

RawPower

Banned
Not sure exactly. Maybe the 17th? Or the 14th? They need to start a thread or something. I'll just be there by chance.

Really? I thought there was a thread. I was hoping maybe you or someone else had the link to it.

Given my social disabilities, I would drink if I could. But I couldn't even if I wanted to; stomach problems and all that.

Remind me not to introduce my cat to reflective floors.

Though she has never been freaked out by weird human things. She has always been pretty quick at catching on to what they were for.

I'll have to see if my boyfriend wouldn't mind, whenever we decide our trip. I'd love to meet both you and your wife :D

All of my family cats are definitely solo cats. It's really sad to see them try to deal with each other, but we can't let any of them go either. Two were street cats and one is an adopted cat. Now that we've given them a home, I can't imagine giving them to someone else, despite the problems :< They all have their own special rooms in the house though, that keeps down fighting.

Lissar, you're much closer to LA than Georgia. ;) At least come for AX and sell your art. My futon is totally available.

James looks so happy!!!!!! I love it, one day we will have an IRL smile competition.

Smile-off? You, Clear and James would destroy us all.

lol I just go outside for some "air" and stay there for half an hour.

And then you'd disappear into the night... I know your tricks!

RawPower

Banned
I've always been a reserved, keep to myself kind of guy in real life. If by chance I do show up, I hope you folks will understand.

I've always been a reserved, keep to myself kind of guy in real life. If by chance I do show up, I hope you folks will understand.

I'm the same way Raw. When you're around good people, it makes it easier to get out of your shell. If the LA meet up was any indication of what sort of people constitutes GAF, you should have a good time at the NYC meet up.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Lissar, you're much closer to LA than Georgia. ;) At least come for AX and sell your art. My futon is totally available.

We were just talking about the horror of con experiences last night actually D:

But you know, if could also cosplay as Bayonetta while I was at it I SO WOULD. Where could I put together a costume...

I'm guessing surprise Lissar victory

People say I have a really great smile, but I can't force it. :eek:

Ah, I know the old not-being-able-to-force-a-smile situation. I once had my sister get really annoyed at me 'cause she was trying to take a photo and I apparently couldn't force a convincing smile. It lasted like 10 minutes, it was ridiculous.

We were just talking about the horror of con experiences last night actually D:

But you know, if could also cosplay as Bayonetta while I was at it I SO WOULD. Where could I put together a costume...

Cons are pretty, uh, special, but there's some fun to be had too. And if you brought your art AND were dressed as Bayonetta (charge $5 for pics...) then SCORE. The cash-money would be flowing. Trip would pay for itself, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom