• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I havent read a novel in so long, i really should stop being so lazy/busy all the time.

Just do it! I started last week for the first in ages and ages, already feel way better. Though now I use reading my book as a procrastination method for not doing course reading. At least it's reading damn it!

That sounds absolutely incredible.

xQQ1D.jpg

It was, I was looking at pics the other day. We knew someone in every single one of those huts.
I would post more pics but would have to clear that with SO.

Here is the place.

http://www.rockhousehotel.com/escape.php

Davedough

So you decided to take the job there? What's the family think?

No, that job wanted me to start immediately and I just cant do that. Thats my planned release date. I'll be going out in stages. My wife and kids will go out around June/July, live with her parents, secure a job and then I'll follow when our lease is up here in September, but be applying to jobs from June until I leave.

RawPower

Banned
Meeting went better than I expected. There was a girl of about 30 in there literally crying because the Patriots were losing. I can't even make this shit up.

Davedough

Lissar has inspired me. I think I'll go Neil Stephenson and read Cryptnomicon. I've been putting that book off for a while for no reason in particular.

Also, I wish the Neogaf phone "app" had multi quote.

I think I could probably make political cartoons.

I had an idea for a blog called Ograbme where I explain political cartoons like that "Marmaduke Explained" blog but I'm lazy.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Lissar has inspired me. I think I'll go Neil Stephenson and read Cryptnomicon. I've been putting that book off for a while for no reason in particular.

*enthusiastic thumbs up*

I think HP said that one was her favorite too. You'll make her happy :D

Yup!

Went to a game and they took a dinner break and I left because fuck.

Didn't they say there were Quidditch games that lasted like a month?
Yes I know it's not a real game. No, I don't care.

Also, I wish the Neogaf phone "app" had multi quote.

I wonder how much money Evilore misses out on due to the mobile web app.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I think I could probably make political cartoons.

I had an idea for a blog called Ograbme where I explain political cartoons like that "Marmaduke Explained" blog but I'm lazy.

I read a political cartoon that I kind of laughed at and then I saw that the artist had drawn a tiny version of himself in the corner explaining what the comic meant. Is this what we have come to?

I read a political cartoon that I kind of laughed at and then I saw that the artist had drawn a tiny version of himself in the corner explaining what the comic meant. Is this what we have come to?

If it's what I'm thinking of, those are parody political cartoons.

V0eW0.jpg

Those?

They're from The Onion. :O

If not, then man, I don't know. Most political cartoonists are shitty. So much labeling on everything!

BTW.... I think its worth noting that the once and future king of posting in these threads, ShockingAlberto has been trumped.

[I MG]http://i.imgur.com/gKYTV.jpg[/IMG]

Haha

What's funny is I've still been posting like mad, but because of IRC and Tinychat, other people aren't posting as much here at night, so I have nothing to reply to.

I dunno what Lissar's excuse is. :O

I noticed that a few days ago.

Mostly I just felt ashamed :<

NERD QUEEN

Nothing to feel ashamed about even though you also pull double duty and hit tinychat hard too.

I think it's nice. It shows that we will not go quietly in to that still, Community night.

D: I need to find a life!

SA had almost 2600 if I recall correctly.

No you should keep talking to us. :(

Lives are overrated. :(

Yeah, I had 2600. I showed the game to a friend and she got 10,000. Another friend got 12,000.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
If it's what I'm thinking of, those are parody political cartoons.

V0eW0.jpg

Those?

They're from The Onion. :O

If not, then man, I don't know. Most political cartoonists are shitty. So much labeling on everything!

On one hand I could totally see my local newspaper pulling something from The Onion as a joke. On the other hand the cartoon wasn't ridiculous enough to be a parody.

Most political cartoons make me think "Oh yeah, I see what you're getting at... it's not funny, but I can see it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom