• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

ghostlissar.jpg

ghostlissar2.jpg

Wanted my costume to be a little bit more elaborate than this, but sadly most of October was dedicated to studying for the GRE. D: So sadly, no eyes all over my face and arms like my avatar. No long creepy fingers.

zKdcl.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
ghostlissar.jpg

ghostlissar2.jpg

Wanted my costume to be a little bit more elaborate than this, but sadly most of October was dedicated to studying for the GRE. D: So sadly, no eyes all over my face and arms like my avatar. No long creepy fingers.

You look like something from a Japanese horror movie. I'm guessing that was your inspiration.

Ezalc

Nice costume Lissar! On the same subject I think I figured out mine! and I will post pictures when it all comes together :D

Ezalc

Humorous halloween story from today: Here in Brazil there really isn't the holiday but some people like to celebrate it because it's fun. My friend lives in a fenced community, and since me and another friend were over his house all day doing a project for school we were able to be there when they started giving out candy to some of the kids who go trick or treating around the community. My friend gave to a few kids a banana and a potato, along with candy hahahaha. Their faces were awesome.

dralla

Still no power or hot water, good news is I've made it about half way through 1984, it was hard to get into just because of how depressing it is, but now it's getting interesting!

Oh, and still eating like a boss, smoked salmon and avocado :)

iboQW22VA6IeC0.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In terms of readability/quality of writing -> Clockwork Orange > Fahrenheit 451 >> 1984

In terms of visions of the psuedoutopian future humanity may be careening toward I recommend Brave New World over them all.

leadbelly

Banned
Humorous halloween story from today: Here in Brazil there really isn't the holiday but some people like to celebrate it because it's fun. My friend lives in a fenced community, and since me and another friend were over his house all day doing a project for school we were able to be there when they started giving out candy to some of the kids who go trick or treating around the community. My friend gave to a few kids a banana and a potato, along with candy hahahaha. Their faces were awesome.

lol

Did he give them the banana and potato first as a joke? I can see their faces dropping when they realised what he is giving them is not candy. lol

"WTF is this? This is not candy!"

leadbelly

Banned
You know, usually I don't mind the American accent. When I heard this, however, I could do nothing but cry.

I know what you mean actually. There is a part in The Witcher 2 early on where you escape from prison and sail off in a boat. You get a cutscene with an American guy speaking and it is so jarring. It's mostly British accents in that game. I don't know why it is, but British accents just seem to fit perfectly the setting. RPGs tend to have an almost medieval type setting. I think it's because they're 'old world' accents as opposed to 'new world'. American accents didn't exist in that time period. It just feels right to have British accents. So much so that when I heard that American accent in the game it sounded awful and wrong.

:( Yeah. There are a few gems in there, but sadly a lot of them never get a chance to do anything good.

I'm sick of politicians promising you all these things, and then not really delivering on their promises.

Davedough

You know, usually I don't mind the American accent. When I heard this, however, I could do nothing but cry.

:( Yeah. There are a few gems in there, but sadly a lot of them never get a chance to do anything good.

I could shower you in resonating recordings of my brilliant American accent, but that would just be creepy and you have enough creepers/stalkers in this thread alone.

I know what you mean actually. There is a part in The Witcher 2 early on where you escape from prison and sail off in a boat. You get a cutscene with an American guy speaking and it is so jarring. It's mostly British accents in that game. I don't know why it is, but British accents just seem to fit perfectly the setting. RPGs tend to have an almost medieval type setting. I think it's because they're 'old world' accents as opposed to 'new world'. American accents didn't exist in that time period. It just feels right to have British accents. So much so that when I heard that American accent in the game it sounded awful and wrong.

Yeah, that annoys me in games as well :p Doesn't fit well with some settings - in others its great! I love american mafia accents <3 There are some games I wish they'd leave untranslated too. American accents in Catherine really put me off.

The Australian accent is even more new than the US one! My dad was showing me a program that he was interviewed in in high school, and everyone sounded British! It was weeeeird.

Chuckie

I'm an expert on Aussie accents because I used to watch Heartbreak High like ALL the time when I was young.

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah, that annoys me in games as well :p Doesn't fit well with some settings - in others its great! I love american mafia accents <3 There are some games I wish they'd leave untranslated too. American accents in Catherine really put me off.

That would be a New York accent? Probably.

The Australian accent is even more new than the US one! My dad was showing me a program that he was interviewed in in high school, and everyone sounded British! It was weeeeird.
Really? How long ago was that then?

Top Bottom