• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

dralla

Trying to finish out my Wii collection, got these today

jWi7KXD8XfRfF_e.jpg

Still need DKCR, NSMB and Mario Kart, than I'll be happy! Maybe Little Kings Story too..

Jintor

I understand you yanks have an 'Inland Empire'. What is it, and why does it sound so cool? Is it actually lame, like our Shadow Government made of Shadow Ministers?

I understand you yanks have an 'Inland Empire'. What is it, and why does it sound so cool? Is it actually lame, like our Shadow Government made of Shadow Ministers?

The IE in Cali is just an extension of LA urban sprawl.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_Empire_(California)
And I prefer IE to Mulholland Dr.

Also, Mulholland is a scary road on a motorcycle.
dat snake.
Crash playlist
The few times I've ridden, I went at a snail's pace. That place is is serious business.
I need to get some proper aggressive ridding lessons.

leadbelly

Banned
Currently downloading Dota 2. Someone gifted the game to me, which was nice of them. I've noticed on the steam page that it actually has a price now. £22.99. It's basically offering you early access to the game if you pay £22.99. lol

Makes me wonder exactly how long I have now to play the game for free. :/

zon

The ads on here are getting a little ridiculous.

I have an ad for a fire- and smokeproof room for smokers. Seems more like something they should advertise to companies and not individuals.

edit: It's actually aimed at hospitals and similar institutions.

Chuckie

Currently downloading Dota 2. Someone gifted the game to me, which was nice of them. I've noticed on the steam page that it actually has a price now. £22.99. It's basically offering you early access to the game if you pay £22.99. lol

Makes me wonder exactly how long I have now to play the game for free. :/

Wasn't Dota a Warcraft map or something?

leadbelly

Banned
Wasn't Dota a Warcraft map or something?

Well, I never played the original mod, so I don't know an awful lot about it. It's not generally the type of game I play. I've only really started getting interested in that sort of game fairly recently.

All I know is that it was a mod for Warcraft III and that it was free. It seems Valve definitely aren't going for the free-to-play model for the game.

Davedough

Just got home from being laid off.

feelsbadman

edit: to the unemployment checks we go :|

That really sucks man. Wish there was something I could do for you. =(

I've been there before. Got laid off 3 times in 2 years. You'll rebound, just gotta make finding a job your new full time job. Let me know if you need me to fake a big ass reference for you. =)

.la1n

That really sucks man. Wish there was something I could do for you. =(

I've been there before. Got laid off 3 times in 2 years. You'll rebound, just gotta make finding a job your new full time job. Let me know if you need me to fake a big ass reference for you. =)

I may actually take you up on that Dave. I am not overly concerned to be honest, I have full pay and benefits for 2 months so that's 2 months I have to find something else and if I don't, unemployment checks until I can. I am fortunate my mom left enough behind that me and my sister are staying together for the foreseeable future.

No way man! I'm sorry. Just budget reasons?

Yeah budget, the usual.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Shitty to hear about the layoff, but, better opportunities always seem to present themselves.

On happier(?) news, is anyone else apathetic to the Wii U launch on Sunday? It's the first Nintendo system, I think ever, that I'm not getting launch day.. feels strange.

.la1n

Shitty to hear about the layoff, but, better opportunities always seem to present themselves.

On happier(?) news, is anyone else apathetic to the Wii U launch on Sunday? It's the first Nintendo system, I think ever, that I'm not getting launch day.. feels strange.

Apathetic honestly. I am looking forward to the system itself but right now the software isn't there to make me want to jump in right away.

dralla

guys, I may or may not have a "problem"

jky0mE4o51tKZ.jpg

from the past 2 weeks, 5 down, 1 to go!

also like to do this

a4c2c2fa2a1811e2a03a22000a1fbd56_7.jpg

almond butter, chopped pecans, shredded coconut, cinnamon..ughhhh

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am so apathetic it's not even... well it's not even anything

I'll probably get one eventually

DrEvil

I am so apathetic it's not even... well it's not even anything

I'll probably get one eventually

It's weird.. it just feels so off cycle that I don't even care that I'm not going to have one right away... NSMBu doesn't grab my attention like it should.. I know I'll love the game, but it's no Mario 64.

One day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I do wonder if it's secret a crazily brilliant move to release it at such a bizarre time. Maybe they know things..

edit: NSMBu bores me, ZombiU is more impressive than I expected but not a system-seller, and I'm not buying a new console for The Wonderful Shiny 101 or whatever it is

DrEvil

*blink* Not time of year, silly

Everyone who is buying one is going insane for Nintendoland.. which, yeah, cool, it's awesome, but it's no Wii Sports.

Wii Sports held me over the launch window draught, I can't see Nintendoland doing that.

So I was planning on tidying my room today, since I was ill and had the day off work, and needed to do it as there's going to be a house inspection on Friday.

It's still a fucking mess. What is wrong with me.

DrEvil

This is a favourite of mine:

Grab a spoonful of nutella.

Grab some Salted Pretzels.

Dip and consume.

so good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know what you mean.
What I mean is: PS4 and Xbox 999's release dates are just rumored to be "2013 sometime," right? Not even locked down within that. So if we think "holiday season" that's basically a year of headstart on the competition- but it's clear they want that rather than a later release with a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros., etc. (let alone all of the above). The first party launch titles are essentially quite dry, and it's weird to me that they want to launch at this point. However, were they to slate those title to coincide with a price drop before the other next-gen consoles hit, I can absolutely imagine buying one then.

I still expect it to sell quite well indeed, it just feels like a strange time to actually send it out the door to me.

Acid08

Banned
I've always thought about buying the Alien Anthology but then I came to my senses and realized Alien and Aliens are the only two you really need to own.

leadbelly

Banned
What I mean is: PS4 and Xbox 999's release dates are just rumored to be "2013 sometime," right? Not even locked down within that. So if we think "holiday season" that's basically a year of headstart on the competition- but it's clear they want that rather than a later release with a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros., etc. (let alone all of the above). The first party launch titles are essentially quite dry, and it's weird to me that they want to launch at this point. However, were they to slate those title to coincide with a price drop before the other next-gen consoles hit, I can absolutely imagine buying one then.

I still expect it to sell quite well indeed, it just feels like a strange time to actually send it out the door to me.

Well, to be honest, there is no guarantee the Wii U will have the same mass appeal as the Wii. I think the people that bought the Wii in droves have now possibly moved on to other things. The Wii appealed very much to the casual gamer. I'm sure there were people that bought it solely for Wii fit. It is an area of the market that doesn't have any real loyalty to Nintendo. They're not really gamers, it's your mother who saw Wii Fit being demonstrated on some morning TV programme. Do they even know the Wii U is coming out this year?

That is where the problem lies. They need to convince that same demographic who are not gamers by nature to go out and buy another games console. Only this time it is more expensive. If they don't then they would be directly competing against Sony and Microsoft, and the chances are things won't turn out particularly well for them. Not to mention the fact that both Sony and Microsoft will be selling their consoles as not just a games console, but an entertainment system for the family as well. Perhaps getting a year's head start is the best course of action for them. At least it gives them some breathing space.

Top Bottom