• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Ezalc

YOU FEEL FORCED >:C

NO U.

You're absolutely fucking wrong. Way to throw the word "hipster" in there, too hard to come up with a meaningful criticism huh ;)? Just ignore the fact that a lot of jokes in the movie were making fun of that word and what people associate it with.

I'm way defensive over anything Edgar Wright does.

Yes, you are. Hipsters making fun of hipsters, hipsterception. Doesn't make the movie any better, or the comics.

Not sure why there is even a discussion.

It's a discussion because it actually is pretty bad and made me cringe.

It's okay Ezalc, I don't care much for Scott Pilgrim either.

I'm glad there's still somebody sane here.

leadbelly

Banned
Acid I hope we can still be friends. :(

Am I the only one scared of getting my secret santa something off their Steam wishlist and waiting until Christmas only to find that they bought themselves the same game?

Buy the shittest rated game on Steam. That way you have a better chance of them not buying it themselves.

Or maybe a simulator game. I mean, who the fuck would buy Farming Simulator 2013?

Although, it is actually rated fairly high on metacritic considering. 69/100. And I do quite like the idea of driving around on a combine harvester and just fucking everything up with it for the fun of it. :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220260/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

I'm not buying anything on my wishlist.

Loved Scott Pilgrim here. Eventually will get around to reading the books. The game had a lot of character as well.

Pau

I feel bad though asking people to limit what they get for themselves during the sales. :/ Although I guess there are still sales after Christmas? This is my first year using Steam so I don't even know when the sales are. :p Actually, I have yet to add you peeps from this thread to my (rather meager) friends list! I'm usually under Pau or TheModernPrometheus if anyone wants to add me. :)

But yes, i too will refrain from buying anything from my wish list!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Added!

If I get anything this sale, it will likely be something not on my wishlist. There are things I want that I haven't added.

Acid08

Banned
You know, Shaun of the Dead is an okay movie, but I never thought it was as good as people make it out to be. I think Brain Dead is a much better movie. :p
Quelling my nerd rage.

I need to get a new computer before I can actually play anything in my Steam library.

My GBA SP broke today :( need a new one.

Emitan

I feel bad though asking people to limit what they get for themselves during the sales. :/ Although I guess there are still sales after Christmas? This is my first year using Steam so I don't even know when the sales are. :p Actually, I have yet to add you peeps from this thread to my (rather meager) friends list! I'm usually under Pau or TheModernPrometheus if anyone wants to add me. :)

But yes, i too will refrain from buying anything from my wish list!

Added!

Pau

Yay! :D Gracias folks! It's exciting to finally know people who like video games enough to play them online! Most of my friends just politely tolerate my hobby.

Emitan

Yay! :D Gracias folks! It's exciting to finally know people who like video games enough to play them online! Most of my friends just politely tolerate my hobby.

*politely tolerates*

I just started a Spotify subscription but I don't know what to listen to D:

Ezalc

I'm listening to big band jazz right now :D

*HIGH FIVE*

Big Band Jazz is always awesome. Seriously Billie. Me, you, in Australia, in Shan's house where she's throwing a party and invites all her female straight and lesbian friends over so they can all meet our wonderful selves, then we go to a jazz club/bar. I vote for this to happen at one point.

Pau is added.

ALSO. I still need to update my wishlist. Someone remind me when I get home in 6 or so hours pls.

Also I have an idea for my SS-ee, but I'm not sure about it. THEY MIGHT ALREADY HAVE IT AND WHAT IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT :C :C

Chuckie

Also what's wrong with punk?

What isn't?!

No tbh, I don't know much about punk (or jazz for that matter), but what I have heard of it I considered loud crap (or boring crap in case of jazz)

I bet there actually is some punk or jazz I'd like...but I really can't be arsed to find it.

What isn't?!

No tbh, I don't know much about punk (or jazz for that matter), but what I have heard of it I considered loud crap (or boring crap in case of jazz)

I bet there actually is some punk or jazz I'd like...but I really can't be arsed to find it.

What do you like? *has a new mission*

Chuckie

I like both punk AND jazz!

Maybe now, not in the future.

What do you like? *has a new mission*

I like a lot, but am a rather mainstream guy, I'll just name some random bands/artists from different genres.

U2, Garbage, No Doubt, Metallica, Wu-Tang Clan, Dr Dre, The Roots, Major Lazer, Azealia Banks and even ABBA :p (and hundreds more I forgot now or are weird to mention...like Indonesian pop)

I like a lot, but am a rather mainstream guy, I'll just name some random bands/artists from different genres.

U2, Garbage, No Doubt, Metallica, Wu-Tang Clan, Dr Dre, The Roots, Major Lazer, Azealia Banks and even ABBA :p (and hundreds more I forgot now or are weird to mention...like Indonesian pop)
Hmm...that's just wide enough to make things kind of awkward for me. But at the same time I can just throw a load of stuff and see if anything sticks.

This?

Or this?

Huhwha?

EDIT: Also best combination of jazz and punk is this by miles. ALSO BLUEGRASS.

leadbelly

Banned
The weather is terrible outside. :/

I've got to walk my dog in that later. :(

Still, I have my new graphics card to cheer me up. I will test it out on a few games once I get back. Must. Play. Walking Dead. First.

EVOL 100%

pccPg.png

The LAST thing we need in music is more genre naammeesss

The weather is terrible outside. :/

I've got to walk my dog in that later. :(

Still, I have my new graphics card to cheer me up. I will test it out on a few games once I get back. Must. Play. Walking Dead. First.

November and shitty weather go hand-in-hand unfortunately. Is Walking Dead good?

leadbelly

Banned
November and shitty weather go hand-in-hand unfortunately. Is Walking Dead good?

Gameplay wise, there isn't an awful lot to it. It's like an old style point and click adventure, but without the challenge. I suppose you could say there is a puzzle element to it, but it isn't exactly difficult.

In terms of the story and the choices you have to make in the game it is brilliant. It's definitely a game you buy for the story and not really the gameplay. And it is worth it just for the story alone.

Chuckie

Hate Jazz, Like Scott Pilgrim? How can somebody have so much bad taste? Jesus. I mean liking SP I can even let slide, but hating Jazz? You're both dead to me.

Does that mean you'll stop talking to me? Cause that would be awesome! ;)

Top Bottom