• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Chuckie

Oh no:(

I don't get it, he followed up with an explanation. I don't think he should be banned given that he did explain what he meant.

His explanation is not that impressive though

It's not so much what it is, which is fucked up, but who it is. Because. Yeah.

It still doesn't explain why it is 'hilarious' that this particular guy is accused of conspiring to rape a 1 year old. And even if this is somehow ironic, I still fail to see what is hilarious about it.

Anyway, Robot will be fine. I really doubt it's a perma.

Anyone know why Hawkian is banned?

And why I'm not banned yet?

troll_cat_gif.gif

Has anyone heard from Shan or Lucian? It's 12:46AM on 12/21/12 in Oz. I just want to make sure the apocalypse hasn't begun there.

Luci and I aren't on Sydney time, so its only 10 to midnight here :p Will keep you updated. I have come down with a hideous fever though, this may be the beginning of the end.

Davedough

After careful evaluation....

Australia wasn't "founded" until around the 1600s.

The United States can kind of be technically traced back to Plymouth Rock which was around 1620.

Mayans only existed until around 920AD.

By my calculations, Australia and the United States will be fine but Europe is fucked since the two of us didn't exist when the Mayan's made their predictions.

Chuckie

I kinda feel bad about my joke....so I wanna apologize to Shannon.
It was a raunchy joke..but just to good to pass on.

We don't know eachother that well, but I hope you realise it was just a funny remark, not some ultra creepy statement.

zon

We don't know eachother that well, but I hope you realise it was just a funny remark, not some ultra creepy statement.

Bah you pussy

pussy!

She is a nice girl. She'll let you get a nibble or two in if you ask nicely.

Yeah I was thinking who needs two ears anyway. Symmetry is for chumps I say, chumps!

Ezalc

It's the end of the world, might as well say everything you have on your chest. That being said, Shan was probably attacked by the native wildlife of Australia and since it's the 21st there for many hours, she is most likely no longer with us. Now the kangaroos of australia armed with missiles and whatnot will be coming to fuck everybody's shit up. PREPARE YOURSELVES YOU FOOLS.

Yes, there were baby snakes in my wardrobe.

Coming back from the dead to correct your wrongness. We weren't founded til 1901!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44502520&postcount=1221

ClassyPenguin will bring forth the Armageddon. He posted 1221.
Oh god! No one sleep! That's how they'll kill us!!!

lol Tence, I don't mind if you eat me. Though as an Australian I'm probably quite poisonous.

Jintor

After careful evaluation....

The United States can kind of be technically traced back to Plymouth Rock which was around 1620.

Mayans only existed until around 920AD.

By my calculations, Australia and the United States will be fine but Europe is fucked since the two of us didn't exist when the Mayan's made their predictions.

1600s?

leadbelly

Banned
Well, there is 30 minutes left until the end of the world. I don't think it will happen here though. According to the TV programmes/movies I've watched, disasters, zombie apocalypses, alien invasions, etc, only seem to happen in the United States. I guess something like a zombie outbreak is not concerned with the rest of the world. It is not important enough.

So good luck America. I hope everything works out.

leadbelly

Banned
I was thinking anyway... What time or day it is in the rest of the world is completely irrelevant because all the calculations are based on the location in which the Mayan civilisation existed (Mexico, Central America, etc).

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I was talking about when someone pointed and said, "hey, that big ass island would be perfect to store our criminally insane. Not when you guys decided to be a nation"
Pretty sure that wasn't til the 1700s. Like 1778 or something. The first fleet and all that shiz. Too lazy to Google the actual year

Jintor

Yeah you're off by at least a hundred years. The dutch ran into the continent in the 1600s but it wasn't until 1770 that Cook arrived and thought 'Man, Prison Island has a nice ring to it'

Davedough

Pretty sure that wasn't til the 1700s. Like 1778 or something. The first fleet and all that shiz. Too lazy to Google the actual year

Yeah you're off by at least a hundred years. The dutch ran into the continent in the 1600s but it wasn't until 1770 that Cook arrived and thought 'Man, Prison Island has a nice ring to it'

Ok, I stand corrected. My quick google glance back when I made that comment failed me.

leadbelly

Banned
I'm currently enjoying Borderlands 2, but I absolutely hate the save system in that game. I will give you an example of what really pisses me off about it. I came up against a boss type enemy where a number of my weapons, while not totally ineffective, didn't do much damage. My rocket launcher was the weapon that caused the most damage. I was very close to defeating him when I ran out of rockets. This meant I had to use another weapon which obviously took less damage off him than the rocket launcher. There was only a tiny bit of health left on this enemy, but I died. Of course If I had some rockets left I would have killed him. You don't actually die in Borderlands 2, you're reanimated at the last save station. The problem with that is, I no longer had any rockets, yet the boss had full shield and full health again. It was ridiculous even trying without rockets.

I decided to quit the game and start it back up again to see if that put me in a better position. That actually helped in one way, in that it put me next to an ammo machine, but to get back to that boss was a fair distance away. I was just thinking through exactly what I had to do to get back there and decided to just turn the game off. It's times like that when I think, "just give me a proper fucking save!"

Top Bottom