• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Acid08

Banned
Batman_17_Full-665x1024.jpg

Get your fucking ads off of my comic covers, DC.

fmpanda

Acid is it true that
Alfred is gonna die?

Hmnnnnnnnnn,
Basically, the whole thing is a letdown. No one dies, the Joker goes poof, and basically the "death" is simply the Bat Kids being mad at Dad.
Yeah. I need to see when the next volume of Skullkickers is coming out.

Acid08

Banned
Hmnnnnnnnnn,
Basically, the whole thing is a letdown. No one dies, the Joker goes poof, and basically the "death" is simply the Bat Kids being mad at Dad.
Yeah. I need to see when the next volume of Skullkickers is coming out.
Skullkickers is out on the 27th.

EVOL 100%

Getting an RPG going sounds interesting, but I don't know if I'd ever be able to write/speak in character.

Plus, I never really tried it yet.

leadbelly

Banned
The forums seem a bit weird at the moment. I keep getting these intervals where the forums are quite slow and then it seems to be okay again.

Anyone else getting that?

leadbelly

Banned
I wonder what is going on. I was looking on the gaming side to see if some megaton news has broke. Not really seeing anything though. :/

EVOL 100%

Valentine's day was yesterday. Friendship chocolates. Yummy.

So from today now on I'm a college student majoring in Japanese. Must. Transfer

dralla

I made some baller asparagus tonight.

LOOK AT ALL THAT SALT, FUCKING DELICIOUS. Cooked it in ghee, man, salt and butter..just so good together.
I've been eating way too good lately...sirloin steak, wild caught salmon, grass-fed lamb, lobster tails..I really should be trying save money, but it's all so tasty and healthy.

and still haven't gotten my W2's..

fmpanda

You see, that's the problem... I hardly understand any Japanese! D:

I would say be prepared for a world of pain unless you hunker down and commit to studying at least an hour out of every day. Romanji isn't too bad, it's when you get down to Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji that things can go to plaid. I took two semesters worth of Japanese when I was in College, and by the end of it I was like OMGWTFBBQ at some of my tests. It's still an awesome language to attempt learning though, I may go back and try some self-study that I can do at my own pace.

EVOL 100%

I would say be prepared for a world of pain unless you hunker down and commit to studying at least an hour out of every day. Romanji isn't too bad, it's when you get down to Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji that things can go to plaid. I took two semesters worth of Japanese when I was in College, and by the end of it I was like OMGWTFBBQ at some of my tests. It's still an awesome language to attempt learning though, I may go back and try some self-study that I can do at my own pace.

If you speak Korean it'll be a cinch. Grammars the same, and a lot of the vocab is too.

Yeah, I do have an inkling of understanding of the language. I can understand basic(and I mean very basic) writings like manga dialogue lol.

Luckily, most of my peers are even worse than I and my seniors say that it's easy as long as you give an effort.

That was exactly my experience. Are you me?

Pau

I give all you folks who learned another language props. I count myself lucky that I had to learn two from the start because I feel too lazy to learn another. :(

I really want to learn more, the biggest problem is the time it takes and the level of immersion it needs to really stick if you arent a child.

Once I grind up my german from novice to expert, I think I'll pick up Mandarin so I can expand out into more than just germanic languages.

And guys, get on CD's little forum thingy if you're interested in playing some D&D. Just quote this post, and the truth shall be revealed (and PM CD so that he can activate your account).

Here's my awesome Half-Elf Cleric (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGST):

cyn.jpg

Seanan Gellantara is a young man of mystery.
His origins are unknown, having been kidnapped at a very young age by brutish Sauhagins seeking to expand Sekolah's faith through indoctrination of the young of other races.

But the sworn enemy of Sekolah, Deep Sashelas, and a patron race of elven kind, has at every turn attempted to stop this expansion - by any means necessary. Sashelas holy paladins and clerics patrol the coast and seas alongside Dolphin clerics of the faith, seeking out the nests of evil Sekolah's cultists have created for the sake of indoctrinating the kidnapped land dwellers.

Once they find a vile temple - they destroy it, and anyone in it. For the touch of Sekolah runs deep, and taints the soul of all those kidnapped land dwellers which are raised by the cultists.

Naisha Fairsunder, a venerable elf and Paladin of Deep Sashelas, stayed her hand upon finding a half-elf child amidst the ruins of a particular Cult Temple. The child, knowing nothing but to obey the cultists or get punished, had goodness within. She knew at some level that Sekolah's influence must have left a mark on the half-elf child, but couldn't make herself kill me due to my resemblance to a son of hers lost to the cultists. Instead, she swore to extinguish what little evil existed in me, and took me in as her own child - gracing him with the name "Seanan", meaning "Of Sea", and Gellantara, "From hope forth". She stepped back form her duties as a travelling emissary of Deep Sashelas, focusing on training the young child and steering him towards the path of Clerichood - hoping that he would through the healing of others hopefully heal what broken pieces remained within from his past.

A hundred moons later, Seanan set out in the world with the blessings of my mother and teacher to do good and destroy evil.

Yet he had a nagging question in the back of my head - who am I, really?

The warrior seeking to do my temple, my adopted mother, my Deity, proud through virtuous and righteous acts?
The lost person, without memories of his birth parents and early years.
Or perhaps, a man with self-doubts about his association to a vile Daemon and his cult - doubting whether or not such a tie could ever be fully severed.

Jobs are shit. Spending at least a third of every day doing the same goddamned thing, week in, week out? Fuck that.

*doesn't want to go back to Manchester tomorrow*

I got that part, it's selecting all the skills/feats that's confusing me.

You get one selectable feat per level unless your class/race gives you more.
Then you just need to go through the list of feats and see which one you fulfill all the requirements for.

Skills are confusing though, but I think you start out with a set number of skill points (based on your class and INT-modifier - 12 int gives you +1 skill point, 14 int gives you +2 skill points, etc) that you spend on skills that you are eligible for (based on your class).

.la1n

I hope you guys don't mind me creepy Steam stalking and add you as friends

Cause that's exactly what I'm going to do

Wouldn't want it any other way around here.

Jobs are shit. Spending at least a third of every day doing the same goddamned thing, week in, week out? Fuck that.

*doesn't want to go back to Manchester tomorrow*

Best you can do is attempt to find something you half way enjoy going to, and try to dwell on exactly how much time you spend on doing it.

You get one selectable feat per level unless your class/race gives you more.
Then you just need to go through the list of feats and see which one you fulfill all the requirements for.

Skills are confusing though, but I think you start out with a set number of skill points (based on your class and INT-modifier - 12 int gives you +1 skill point, 14 int gives you +2 skill points, etc) that you spend on skills that you are eligible for (based on your class).

Well I posted in the forum, so we can discuss it there.

dralla

Holy shit, today broke my no sick day streak. I've never called in sick for a job, at any job I've ever had. Today I woke up with a nasty stomach ache/virus, I was getting ready to leave the house and fight my way through it, but than I threw up all over, it was a good run :( I've been in bed all day, still feel like crap, I've eaten a bananas, a pink lady apple [best apple ever], an orange, and a sugar free jello. I can't even think of eating anything heavy without getting naseaous, can't even drink water, been drinking sobe lifewater 0 with added electrolytes and ginger extract. Hope I'm OK for tomorrow

Top Bottom