• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Getting piss drunk and puking is like... the default social interaction here. It was a bit of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

... you think that's unusual or novel at university? I'm just suggesting if you drink a little less and you won't end up puking. Drunken debauchery without the vomit. It's fun.

EVOL 100%

... you think that's unusual or novel at university? I'm just suggesting if you drink a little less and you won't end up puking. Drunken debauchery without the vomit. It's fun.

It is. I know. I usually do that. I'm a bit taken aback about the patronizing though. Seems a bit unwarranted since it wasn't a very serious comment. Am I getting you wrong here?

It is. I know. I usually do that. I'm a bit taken aback about the patronizing though. Seems a bit unwarranted since it wasn't a very serious comment. Am I getting you wrong here?

Your original post made it sound like you felt that behaviour was an obligation. Coming across as patronizing isn't all that surprising, I suppose, given that I graduated a decade ago (and I thought binge drinking/puking was stupid then, too).

EVOL 100%

Your original post made it sound like you felt that behaviour was an obligation. Coming across as patronizing isn't all that surprising, I suppose, given that I graduated a decade ago (and I thought binge drinking/puking was stupid then, too).
Okay, cool. Again it wasn't a serious comment, specially the fuck college part. It's hard to do disingenuity on the internet.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
scimtaur-tif_zps49371eba.png

I haven't gotten anymore character descriptions, so I guess no one else wants one? :<

Skin/eye/hair color. Hair style. Clothing, IF ANY. Scars, tattoos, piercings, etc.

Give me more to work with here. This can't be that hard. :O

Skin: Green
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black, matted hair
Clothing: I don't know what bards typically wear, but he's got enough money to wear "normal" period clothing, and not some tattered rags.
No scars/tats/piercings.

Pau

I want a portrait (they've been looking great, by the way!) but I still haven't decided between a rogue or paladin for my character! :( I think I'm leaning towards paladin. Any thoughts?

Now you guys have an idea of how long it takes me at character selection screens...

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I want a portrait (they've been looking great, by the way!) but I still haven't decided between a rogue or paladin for my character! :( I think I'm leaning towards paladin. Any thoughts?

Now you guys have an idea of how long it takes me at character selection screens...

Paladin would be good. So far we don't really have any heavily armored melee characters. We're a pretty flimsy lot. :eek:

Oh there's already a rogue? Paladin it is for sure! Now I just gotta work on a character history and stuff. :D

Either is indeed fine. I have your Iberian-inspired nation ready as well. The high-elves Natalie's character come from invaded the south-eastern part of your island a while ago and established fabulous cities, much to your people's chagrin.

What class would a psycho-axe-man be? I wanna be one of them.

Barbarian, or if the crazy is mostly an act, then fighter.

Pau

Pau-ladin
Beef. <3 If i hadn't already made my decision, I would have decided solely on this. I love when people make puns of my name. :3

Either is indeed fine. I have your Iberian-inspired nation ready as well. The high-elves Natalie's character come from invaded the south-eastern part of your island a while ago and established fabulous cities, much to your people's chagrin.
Oh thank you! I'm super excited now to make a character. But I guess that means Nat and I might be at odds at first! :O

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Not only did he make his character before you, but you never actually made a character and don't seem intent on playing. :eek:

Ezalc

Not only did he make his character before you, but you never actually made a character and don't seem intent on playing. :eek:

If we were going by not GAF restrictions I think I would win with regards to time. Also I wasn't exactly being serious, I know I'm not going to take part of the game.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yep. :eek:

Jamie needed names for places in the RPG world, so I went a bit... overboard. I just dislike names that are made from nonsense and lack any linguistic context. D:

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ooooh teach me the basic grammar and syntax! I see you're using postfixes of some kind on proper nouns.

It's pretty slapdash at the moment since I've only been working on it for less than a day. But I was planning on writing up an essay on it later. Or at least how the language is currently. Everything is subject to change!

My favorite features of the language so far are how it lacks gendered pronouns. I wanted to reflect the naturally egalitarian society of these elves. There are also particles or markers at the end of sentences that reflect what kind of sentence it is. I was thinking about how Japanese uses "ka" to create a question, and stretched that further to include particles that mean things like "accusation" or "surprise". I like the idea of having a language where no one confuses a statement for an accusation.

Also, I'm starting to regret making a language that is highly agglutinative. Words are starting to get ridiculously long.

Heodagathaemlethemtal halma hem!
I said I didn't want to drink water!

While I can easily parse it, it looks rather intimidating. D:

Top Bottom