• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Oh great! I've had a call from my uncle. He's coming over later on. I need to mentally prepare myself. lol

I've mentioned him before. This is the person who will switch the conversation into something of a political nature, and won't stop speaking about it for hours. It's a completely one sided conversation where his view is correct and everyone else's view is simply wrong. Basically a conversation where you just sit there nodding pretending to agree with him. :/

He's a nice guy, I just hate it when he goes on one of his rants. I hope it doesn't happen.

Pretend to be an extremist of some description. Preferably something absurd.

Also I apparently think Lower Than Atlantis are ok. I feel horrible about this :C

leadbelly

Banned
Pretend to be an extremist of some description. Preferably something absurd.

Also I apparently think Lower Than Atlantis are ok. I feel horrible about this :C

Well, he talks about stuff like the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. He just happens to be pro-Israeli to point where Israel can do no wrong. So, yeah, I just nod and nod again with the occasional, "Yeah" to make it seem like I am listening.

He wasn't like that tonight though. He never mentioned anything political once, so it wasn't that bad really. It was probably because we ended up playing Chess.

I bought some Cadbury's Creme Egg ice cream. Not tried it before.

leadbelly

Banned
Nah, I love normal chocolate Creme Eggs. They are ridiculously sweet though. I can't eat too many of them at once.

Creme Egg ice cream just tastes weird.

leadbelly

Banned
goddam, almost 4 AM and can't sleep.

When I have nights like that, it is usually because I am thinking too much. Although, I'm very much a night person. I seem to function best at night.

I'm like a zombie when I have to get up really early. I walk around in a daze. I've always been someone that day dreams a lot. In the morning when I'm not fully awake, I'm in my own little world. It can make me seem quite dopey at times. Someone can ask me something and I'm just miles away. lol

Yeah, same here. I'll have a week or so with a normal sleeping schedule then one day that fucks it all up.
Also, wow @ the North Korea thread. So many armchair generals masturbating over the thought of war.

bed-cinnamon-homer-simpsons-Favim.com-229559.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I am making an RPG Maker game.

(Yes, I know, RPG Maker.)

Currently it looks like this:

screenshot3_zpsa01f004c.png

Title screen~

screenshot2_zpsced04fe6.png

Menu~

screenshot4_zps090fd94a.png

Dialogue box~

screenshot6_zps6c7c11e1.png

Kitchen~

Yes, it's a lot of pictures of me. ._. I did not intend for this to happen, I was just planning on making a silly game to test out the software and figured it would be easiest to write about myself going on a quest for books. But as usual I got a bit carried away (as you do.)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's a game for me and no one else! :O

My games require research, reading, and thought. Gamers would never want to play them.

leadbelly

Banned
Yes, it's a lot of pictures of me. ._. I did not intend for this to happen, I was just planning on making a silly game to test out the software and figured it would be easiest to write about myself going on a quest for books. But as usual I got a bit carried away (as you do.)

So basically you're writing about your day-to-day life and calling it an RPG?

On her quest to find the sacred books of Alundrea (Some fantasy novels) Lissar comes up against the Great Guardian of the Library (The old woman behind the counter).

Lissar: I cast Thundera

Great Guardian of the Library: Ssssssh! No talking! *points at sign looking very cross*

.la1n

This is gonna be good.

Late as hell but if I was gay I am afraid you have taken Dave's place. We have way too damn much in common. This looks great!

Well Real GAF I am off to get real drunk for the first time in quite a while, a shame for me I know.

edit: Lissar do not mean to skip you, artwork looks great as it always has and I hope you finish the RPG, I always got about 40% complete and lost the will to continue.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Thanks la1n!

As long as the end boss is Stephenie Meyer.

Got it in one. Who else?

Well, the books anyway. Not the actual person. Also, since I don't want to step on any toes in the game, I'm only vaguely referencing books without giving names unless they're public domain.

Chuckie

Hurray...Platinum trophy for Arkham Asylum!

I rarely go for platinum....but with this awesome game it had to be done.

dralla

so I found these in my closet, from my high school days

20130316_221029.jpg

I might actually watch cowboy bebop. gooosh, I remember paying so much for that bubblegum crisis set at tower records lol

I watched Trigun all the way through back in the day, enjoyed it. Never got far into the others. Are any of them good. I've got no interest in them now, just curious

dralla

I remember the villains in Trigun being awesome. ZAZA THE BEAST. MIDVALLEY THE HORNFREAK. umm, there was the sniper guy. RADIU? THE BLADE? The lady that moved really fast. Leonov the Puppet master? That's all I remember. And Wolfwood! Yea, he was cool.

ahh the memories

But as a huge Firefly fan, I need to watch Cowboy Bebop. English or Japanese dubs?

Pau

I missed out on the anime craze when I was little (besides like Digimon and Yu Yu Hakusho) so I watched Evangelion for the first time earlier this year. It's a very mixed bag for me. But I do still have to finish the movie.

Watched two episodes of Cowboy Bebop so not enough to form a proper opinion.

ZeroRay

Evangelion is overrated as fuck. Hell, the whole notion of "Evangelion is overrated" has been played out. The movie is...well...it's something.

Cowboy Bebop deserves its accolades.

Acid08

Banned
Evangelion is overrated as fuck. Hell, the whole notion of "Evangelion is overrated" has been played out. The movie is...well...it's something.

Cowboy Bebop deserves its accolades.

Eva is something that should be watched though. It deserves to be experienced. Or you could watch the rebuild movies I guess(I have not seen them).

Bebop is indeed amazing. My favorite animes are Initial D, Gurren Lagann, and Bebop.

Pau: DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS. That first movie got me into Less Than Jake.

Top Bottom