• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

ZeroRay

Eva is something that should be watched though. It deserves to be experienced. Or you could watch the rebuild movies I guess(I have not seen them).

Bebop is indeed amazing. My favorite animes are Initial D, Gurren Lagann, and Bebop.

Pau: DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS. That first movie got me into Less Than Jake.

My man!

And yeah, Eva is something anyone getting into anime should watch, even if it just boils down to a giant "fuck you" towards everything. :p To my surprise, they're showing the first Rebuild on Toonami right now.

Acid08

Banned
My man!

And yeah, Eva is something anyone getting into anime should watch, even if it just boils down to a giant "fuck you" towards everything. :p To my surprise, they're showing the first Rebuild on Toonami right now.

Are you watching Stage 5? It's fucking awesome. They're finally getting into the more "mystical" aspects of the driving in ID.

ZeroRay

Nah, haven't watched it yet, or much anime at all the last few years.

Will be sure to check it out, it's next on my list after I get around to Space Bros.

leadbelly

Banned
I decided to buy a Nexus 4. I think the only reason I bought it is simply because it has great specs at a fairly cheap price.

It's funny because I can't wait to play around with it, yet I know it will eventually just go on standby for most of the time, only used when I have a phone call. I don't know why I bother. At least I didn't spend £500 on a phone just to leave it on standby. lol

leadbelly

Banned
I got a Nexus 4 as an early birthday present. I only replace phones when they stop working.

I bought my current phone last year. I'm a sucker for new tech. :(

I see the specs and think, "this is awesome! all the things I could do with it". Then it comes and a month later I hardly use it at all. I know this, yet I still do the same thing. What is wrong with me? Aaaaaaaah!

leadbelly

Banned
I have thought of one use for it. My current phone has a resolution of 540x960 (the reverse long ways). I bought Machinarium along with some other games in a Humble Bundle sale. The game has a resolution of 1024x600 and no way to resize it. That of course is slightly higher than the resolution of my phone. That means that the game doesn't quite fit on the screen, with a small part of it being off-screen.

At the start of the game this isn't much of a problem. Items that you find show up on the right side of the screen with the first item being slightly off the screen. You can still get to it though. There is a part of the game however where the icon for the item you find is really small and most of it is off the screen, meaning you can't get to it. I haven't been able to get past that part.

As the Nexus has a much higher resolution screen it means I will be able to play the game on my phone. So there you have it, my new Machinarium playing device. lol

Acid08

Banned
Anyone watch Doctor Who in here? Since the 7th series started it has COMPLETELY lost me. I was already not a huge fan of the 6th series too.

Anyone watch Doctor Who in here? Since the 7th series started it has COMPLETELY lost me. I was already not a huge fan of the 6th series too.

The rest of my family (including my sister's boyfriend) thought series 7 was awful.

I didn't.

:(

Also people need to stop being willing to spend stupid amounts of money to see a band. Biffy Clyro are playing Manchester on the 25th, which is now sold out, and all the tickets on eBay are going for like £60 or £70 each, despite face value being like £28. I want to go, but fuck if I'm paying that much. I tried bidding on one that was at £30, but the dood had put their max bid as something ridiculous. I gave up after £45 didn't work. Musician worship is the worst.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I have a short demo for my game completed :eek:

screeny_zpsc8875fe6.png

BookQuest

I think I've managed to create a file that will work without the RTP, but we'll see! I tested it out on a computer that didn't already have the RTP installed and it started up fine.

So, a few notes about this demo:

I'm not yet satisfied with the art style (the painted stuff, not the pixel stuff), so I put making more of it on hold until I've locked in a style I can feel comfortable with. Normally things like the menu and battles would change their look depending on what dress you are currently wearing.

Yes, the actual area of the demo is quite small, but there is lots to discover. The actual game will only be as large as a very small town (by real life standards, not game standards) with indoor areas, but again there are plenty of ways to explore.

Lots of system stuff still needs to be edited. In particular selecting a character in menu needs to be gotten rid of entirely. There's only one character. Also not satisfied with the current selection cursor, but it was the best I could do at the moment.

Battle system is only at its most basic level. It will need a LOT more polish, so don't take this as indicative of what the final battle system will be like.

Apologies to those playing on screens with higher resolutions, some text might be to small for comfortable reading. I had worried about that while making it. You can play in full screen, however.

Thanks to ShockingAlberto, InfiniteNine, Gouda, and Emitan for testing the buggers. Or was that buggering the testers.

Menu and Battle scripts credit goes to Yanfly. Passive Skills to NeonBlack. And More Choices to Fomar0153.

All arts by myself, of course. :eek:

Still lots of work to do, hope you'll all try out BookQuest v. .02! I'll put up a new demo when I have the outside areas of the town and a few characters to place around complete. Hopefully that won't take longer than a month, but since this took longer than the five days I was expecting, that means it will probably be done in three months.

dralla

Nice, I found 3 saving bonds given to me when I was born, they've been earning interest this whole time. $350 of bonds came out to $750 cash, yay.

leadbelly

Banned
Chaos Rings and Chaos Rings Omega are on sale on Google Play. Chaos Rings is an RPG series published by Square-Enix and developed by Media.Vision. The original game got some pretty positive reviews, which is the reason I decided to buy them. I bought both titles for £2.49 each. The sale lasts until the end of the week, so if you're interested in a good RPG for your phone, they might be worth considering.

I've noticed that Square-Enix's pricing for Android games is pretty high. Most of their new titles sell for around £12. Considering most new games on android are no more than £2-£3, the price Square-Enix sells their games for is ridiculous. By 'new games' I mean in some instances 'newly released' games. For instance, Final Fantasy 3 is selling for £12. Granted, it has improved graphics, but it is just a port of the DS version that released in 2007.

I will check out your game lissar when I get chance.

dralla

Went to the traffic violations beaureu about my ticket today, on my way out of the building, found a $20 bill on the ground. feelsgoodman

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Neil Gaiman is nice. Marvel is... I don't particularly care. :eek:

scholarshadow_zpsf2405392.png

I think I've gotten to the point in this image where I've looked at it so much I feel absolutely positive that it's the worst thing I've ever seen.

leadbelly

Banned
More cold weather and snow forecast. What the hell is going on?

At the beginning of March I was expecting it to warm up, but instead we've had prolonged wintry weather. It's been bitterly cold with a strong blustery wind. The wind just makes it worse.

I've had enough of the cold weather. :(

I think I've gotten to the point in this image where I've looked at it so much I feel absolutely positive that it's the worst thing I've ever seen.

The Village Idiot is your crowning achievement.

Chuckie

Neil Gaiman is nice. Marvel is... I don't particularly care. :eek:

scholarshadow_zpsf2405392.png

I like it a lot, I just keep staring to the... Shadow/Cloaked double/stainglass version behind her.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I like it a lot, I just keep staring to the... Shadow/Cloaked double/stainglass version behind her.

Hm, too much? I'll make note of that. It's probably too distracting.

He's going to be co-writing Guardians of the Galaxy apparently. So if you've ever wanted to read Gaiman writing a trigger happy space raccoon.....now's your chance?

I... what? Now I don't know what I want.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's just a shadow. I was experimenting. I wanted to do something with that stained glass thing, but couldn't figure out what. I guess not that.

Pau

It's just a shadow. I was experimenting. I wanted to do something with that stained glass thing, but couldn't figure out what. I guess not that.
I think it's the blue that makes it too distracting. Maybe a color that doesn't pop quite as much would work better?

Top Bottom