• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
That's still better than ALL games not being able to be played offline, which is what Microsoft seems to be proposing. Let me put it this way I was one of the morons who got simcity , my excuse was that "it was just one game" , that one game put me through more hell and embarrassment that the idea of having to go through that for all games is just something I couldn't bare with at all. Next ,I trust Valve much more than I trust Microsoft (not that I trust companies to begin with, but I'm wary of some more so than others) so even if both do it technically I'd still give the edge out to Steam on this, be it always online or DRM.

It's fortunate that Steam isn't always online and lets me continue playing my game even after disconnects because our router likes to go down at least once a day and must be reset. I don't mind them wanting to make a "check" every time I start the game to make sure I own it, but always requiring the connection on single player games literally gives no benefits to the consumer. None. It's them saying, "I do not trust you even for a moment". They want to watch every second to make sure you aren't stealing, despite the fact that all the people they are watching are legitimate consumers. The people who do not want to pay won't, and never will. They will find other ways to play the game.

I don't even mind being connected to the service most of the time. Steam provides lots of benefits to being connected. It could be Microsoft will also provide similar benefits. But I don't like being made to feel like a thief before I've done anything wrong. You should attract people to your service through the benefits you can provide them, not by breathing down their neck and watching their every move.

Exactly.

There have been specific games on PC that require you to be 'always on' Sim City being the most recent, but the PC community has never been happy with the concept of always on DRM either. Of course the difference here is it's not just specific games that require this, the console itself requires it to function properly. It means that whether or not we're able to play our games is totally in the hands of our ISP and Microsoft. For those people who have a shitty internet connection, it's not really a good prospect at all. There are legitimate reasons why people would like the console to remain offline as well. Parents may not like the idea of their kids being always online while playing their games.

A developer on the Evil Avatar forum made this post:
http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2200505&postcount=46

It seems like a lot of media outlets are picking this story up as well:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...th-fans_n_3018705.html?utm_hp_ref=uk?ncid=GEP

Oh, and a disgruntled gamer takes to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cW28VSmXnCo

If you don't like it then don't buy it.

Well, if the rumours turn out to be true, the good thing here is, we won't have to. Sony has stated that they won't be doing this. If the leaks are anything to go by, the PS4 is by far the better system anyway. Also Sony have the better 1st-party studios.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
JoinTheRealm_sigil_zpse3ced165.png

dralla

okay, so today was my all day 'interview', basically follow some dudes around all day, they evaluate me, ect. I got lucky in that I got the young guys, we had a lot in common so..it went really well, bro #2 agreed Ass Creed Brotherhood was the best in the series, everything after that was smooth sailing. long story short, they loved me, hired me on the spot, I accepted. Now the job itself is not very good, kinda shitty actually, but the long term stuff is very exciting to me and I need the experience, so I took it. Starting salary is 100% commision which makes me very nervous, they said average is 800-1,000 a week, I'd be happy with that. Hours are 8-6 to start during the training period, than 8:30-6 regularly. The commute sucks ass and I'm seriously considering moving closer if it works out well. So yea, I'm excited I have a 'real' job and look forward to the future, but the job itself is kind of a bummer [I basically sell Verizon shit to small businesses], my official title is 'Account Manager'.

I did come home to my spring sneaker haul, nike overload!

20130408_202659.jpg

Found a great spring sale, only $88 for all 3. Will take proper, sexy pics tomorrow

I'm worried. My grandmother is going to the hospital this weekend to do some tests to find out if the stomach tumour she has can be operated on.

I found out a couple of days ago, but it's only just hit me that she has a tumour and now I'm freaking out about it. It's making concentrating on work hard.

Sorry to hear that robot. Do you know if it is benign or malignant?

I hope everything works out well anyway.

No idea. Hopefully benign (...obviously). I've got past the freaking out now, but I'm not particularly looking forward to finding stuff out this weekend. I really hope that it's nothing major and it can all get sorted out :(

This combined with having something which is just complete shit that I have to fix at work is not making this the best week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm worried. My grandmother is going to the hospital this weekend to do some tests to find out if the stomach tumour she has can be operated on.

I found out a couple of days ago, but it's only just hit me that she has a tumour and now I'm freaking out about it. It's making concentrating on work hard.
Sorry to hear that man, hopefully the operation goes complication-free. If they caught it early enough and it's not malignant it should hopefully be a straightforward procedure. I'll send some good thoughts your way, let us know everything went!

leadbelly

Banned
Nah I have spotted him in various threads here and there. He just doesn't care for us any more. Although I'm guilty of being busier than normal but I'd much rather be here wasting time away I assure you.

Yeah. Probably has a new group of friends. We're not good enough for him anymore. :(

I'm sorry I abandoned the thread for a while guys ;.; Uni got busy and I fell behind and felt awful never having caught up.

Anyway, I am still stupidly busy (I got a second job~~~~) but I will try to pop in more I promise!

I feel like I've not only abandoned this thread but abandoned the internet for the past few weeks :( Haven't even got a chance to chat very much on any of the mediums I'm used to. The most time I spend on the internet now is studying or playing some FPS game. I miss you guys :(

Acid08

Banned
I'm sorry I abandoned the thread for a while guys ;.; Uni got busy and I fell behind and felt awful never having caught up.

Anyway, I am still stupidly busy (I got a second job~~~~) but I will try to pop in more I promise!
Welcome to the two job club! :D

We're all very tired here.

leadbelly

Banned
Left my dog up the shop today. The shop I usually go to is being refurbished, so I had to go to the one further down the road. I guess I had other things on my mind and just completely forgot about him. Because he was up the road he wasn't in my field of view, so just walked off the other way.

I got home and suddenly realised the dog wasn't with me. lol

dralla

Today is my last day at Whole Foods. It's kind sad actually, I really like some of the people here and I'm gonna miss them. I did get some phone numbers. One of them is of this girl I <3, but she has a BF :( It's also Team Member appreciation day, so we get 40 percent discount! gonna go out with a bang I guess. Start my new job on the 29th. Last day of my other job is this Saturday.

Davedough

*fistbump*

We may not be robots, but I know at least one of us is a cyborg.

I'm still in contact with SkyNet and everything is progressing according to schedule.

I saw Dave on my PS3 friend list, you come out and show yourself!

You see my wife, mostly. If its the Sly Cooper collection, its her. If its Tekken or MK, it's me. =)

What happened to Dave anyway?

I'd decided to take a break from GAF, nothing personal.

Living his life.

I didn't choose the thug life...

Nah I have spotted him in various threads here and there. He just doesn't care for us any more. Although I'm guilty of being busier than normal but I'd much rather be here wasting time away I assure you.

LIES

Yeah. Probably has a new group of friends. We're not good enough for him anymore. :(

I'm a 39 year old married man and father of 2. New friends just dont happen to someone like me.

Cannibalism! Also, happy 43rd birthday to Dave!

You..... you will pay for that.

Bringing sexy back.

Sexy never left me.

Top Bottom