• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned

:O

You're back!

Tell us about your journey to the outside!

I heard a story, not sure it if it is true, of something called trees. Many, many trees. Apparently they grow tall and move in the wind. They make a hushing sound and are reeeeaaally mysterious!

I thought about going outside once with the other cave dwellers, but we lost heart when coming close to the surface. One day though, one day!

Davedough

CJo7Vfn.jpg

leadbelly

Banned

Maybe you were kidnapped by the... other people!

They conducted experiments on you and wiped your memory. This is what one of the elders told me. We must not venture too far outside or else the other people will get us. You have just confirmed this to be true.

I fear I may never see the wonderful splendour of the outside. :(

Also... This guy is amazing.
Guile Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qwKCQ4M2Nw

FF7 - Battle Theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfrsvfcZ8ZE

.la1n

I often think about throwing you a message on the PS3, but then see you're playing a fighting game, of which I'd probably get sucked into and end up getting my ass systematically handed to me and our friendship would end, so I haven't.

D'awww you can send me a message any time. I am not nearly as good at fighting games as I was say 10 years ago. I just don't have the patience or time to dedicate to learning every little intricacy not to mention arcades are close to dead around here (or on life support.) Online play is fine but it's no substitute for taking what you've learned and putting it to use at an arcade.

Davedough

D'awww you can send me a message any time. I am not nearly as good at fighting games as I was say 10 years ago. I just don't have the patience or time to dedicate to learning every little intricacy not to mention arcades are close to dead around here (or on life support.) Online play is fine but it's no substitute for taking what you've learned and putting it to use at an arcade.

That's why I miss couch co-op as well. I remember many days taking turns on the SNES and Genesis with Street Fighter II Turbo. All of my friends around talkin shit and getting asses handed to them regularly. Now, you get online and its some random that will glitch you into submission. I actually only own two fighting games on PS3. MK9 and Tekken Tag 2

.la1n

UMvC3 is pretty fun if you're into Versus games :). It's no MvC2 of course but it's still fun!

I miss playing MvC2 at the arcade, used to have tournaments in Augusta, Atlanta, Athens Georgia and Columbia, SC. DDR tournaments were fun too don't care what anyone says :p

I still play UMvC3 online from time to time but I have never been as competitive with it as I was with 2. Did not stop 3 / Ultimate 3 from being the most hyped games for me this gen easily. Speaking of which I am going to Frankies Fun Park in Charleston, SC this afternoon - will be interesting to see what they have available in the arcade there.

That's why I miss couch co-op as well. I remember many days taking turns on the SNES and Genesis with Street Fighter II Turbo. All of my friends around talkin shit and getting asses handed to them regularly. Now, you get online and its some random that will glitch you into submission. I actually only own two fighting games on PS3. MK9 and Tekken Tag 2

Couch co-op was great, Mario Kart was our favorite go to for shit talking as well as Super Street Figher II Turbo. I remember seeing you playing Tekken Tag 2 a while back and was going to send you an invite for a quick match but you had logged off by the time I got the game launched.

leadbelly

Banned

It's funny. I used to love fighting games. There was a time when I would spend hours learning all the combos and advanced moves. I just have no interest in them anymore though. Learning all the moves just seems like a chore to me.

I am thinking of pulling an all nighter to do...something...anything. at some point tomorrow, whole bunch of stuff needs to get done asap and it's all this hodgepodge of business, I just want it to be mid may/early june already so I can have some semblance of a break before finding more stuff to do.

I had to look up tungsten. :( I guess that means you'll be the super smart one of the group! You'll probably have to invest in some glasses, Nat.
Don't worry , I just picked an element/metal out of my head . I couldn't tell you the first thing about tungsten.

ZeroRay

Tungsten has the highest melting point of any element. Get on my level.

That's one of the few things I remember about chemistry and only because it was mentioned on Family Guy. >_>

Pau

I don't want to write this paper

Top Bottom