• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Davedough

I'm so fucking worried right now. I got a call from Comcast about a job interview since nailing the phone interview a couple days ago, but I didn't have reception so the call got dropped before I could even speak to someone. I can't even call the number back since it leads to automated responses, so I shot them an email (I got the email of an actual person there) and now I'm praying that I hear back from them.

I don't want to lose this job opportunity because of some bad reception. I don't know what I'd do.

Dont sweat it. In this day and age, people expect that sometimes. If they want you, they'll call back.

I got a reply email. Apparently, the person who is in charge of contacting people hasn't actually gotten to me yet since they don't have interview times ready yet. I'm guessing the call I got was because I completed the online assessment.

In either case, it's a big relief that i didn't miss an apparently important call, but I'm gonna go through the automated stuff anyways a bit later so I can see if I can find out what's up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I lost you, thread! But it's okay cause I found you again.

Good luck to Beef. If you get a job with Comcast I expect you to reform it into a non-hideous establishment.

dralla

Went on 2nd interview today, probably the best interview I've ever done, of course they want me! Wanted me to start tomorrow haha, but I have another interview on Thursday for another place, I'm gonna kill that shit too, and have to make a decision between which I want.

.la1n

I got a reply email. Apparently, the person who is in charge of contacting people hasn't actually gotten to me yet since they don't have interview times ready yet. I'm guessing the call I got was because I completed the online assessment.

In either case, it's a big relief that i didn't miss an apparently important call, but I'm gonna go through the automated stuff anyways a bit later so I can see if I can find out what's up.

Comcast is a wretched company to deal with but the friends I've known who worked there seemed to get along just fine so I hope everything works out for you.

Davedough

Clearly I'm the only one who's read Ender's Game otherwise there would be much more excitement for this movie. Sure, Simon Pegg is great, but its fucking Ender's Game we're talking about here!

Acid08

Banned
Clearly I'm the only one who's read Ender's Game otherwise there would be much more excitement for this movie. Sure, Simon Pegg is great, but its fucking Ender's Game we're talking about here!
I've read Ender's Game probably ten times since I was 13. Love that book but can't bring myself to really get excited for the movie. I will see it though.

And it's not just Simon Pegg! It's the next movie in the best series of comedies ever made.

Dat Ender's Game trailer. O_O

Have you read it? It looks pretty close. I just hope they nail Ender's internal monologue moments and the struggles he went through.

Man you are the complete opposite of Sculli.

It's a welcome change.

.la1n

I have read the book several times, love it and I am pumped for the movie. Buuuuut Simon/Frost/Wright makes me super happy too. I am conflicted.

Chuckie

Never heard of Ender's game... I actually thought for a while people were talking about Zone of the Enders (as in an abbrevation.. "the Enders game") :shame

I didn't read Ender's game, but read the book(s) about Bean. The unsubtle racism and misogyny really bothered me and I gave up on the author. I just assume these facets are buried more in Ender's Game.

Pau

Ender's Game was kinda ruined for me by a guy who read it and was like: Oh my god, I'm exactly like Ender~ but no maybe I'm more like the evil conniving brother because I'm such a manipulator lol

We need more original stuff. Sci-fi is getting staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale
it's like every movie is Nerd References: The Movie.
Stop it.

At least I have Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror.

.la1n

I didn't read Ender's game, but read the book(s) about Bean. The unsubtle racism and misogyny really bothered me and I gave up on the author. I just assume these facets are buried more in Ender's Game.

Really? That's unfortunate :( Apparently they were well hidden in Ender's Game, at least from me.

Acid08

Banned
We need more original stuff. Sci-fi is getting staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale
Stop it.

Interesting sci-fi is all the rage in comics right now. Try out Prophet.

Pau

Stop it.

I think most of the sci-fi I've seen in film has been original, actually. Maybe that's just the sci-fi I've cared to remember though. :p

Remember that time robotninja was drunk and on tinychat? Good times.

I don't know why that popped into my head being lonely, insomniac and depressed might have something do do with it.

.la1n

I remember him being on tc a few times but I do not recall any drunken antics, although it could have been because I was drunk.

dralla

Got offered a second job, now I need to decide which I want, decisions decisions! They both have things I want/don't want. Gotta decide by Sunday.

I'll look into those sci fi recommendations.

I do have this from a class that I was reading randomly.
wesleyan-anthology-for-science-fiction.jpg

.la1n

Everything has gone shit. I've just been given a months notice before I have to leave my job and my grandmother has cancer.

I am very sorry to hear about that, it was not long ago I was laid off and lost my mother to cancer. If you need anyone to talk to let me know, stay strong.

leadbelly

Banned
I played through Brotherhood Dave. I quite enjoyed it overall. In terms of gameplay, the main quest is very well thought out and probably a step up from AC2, but the story doesn't really go anywhere. A lot is revealed in 2, but in Brotherhood there are far more questions than answers. Maybe because Revelations was planned.

Not sure if I should buy Revelations or just watch it on youtube. :/

.la1n

I played through Brotherhood Dave. I quite enjoyed it overall. In terms of gameplay, the main quest is very well thought out and probably a step up from AC2, but the story doesn't really go anywhere. A lot is revealed in 2, but in Brotherhood there is far more questions than answers. Maybe because Revelations was planned.

Not sure if I should buy Revelations or just watch it on youtube. :/

Brotherhood is alright but I really don't think I could ever make it through Revolutions, it just felt tedious.

Top Bottom