• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
Brotherhood is alright but I really don't think I could ever make it through Revolutions, it just felt tedious.

Yeah. I've heard from a number of people that the game is not worth playing through. Kind of annoying considering you don't really learn anything in Brotherhood, they left it all for Revelations I imagine. I think I will watch it on youtube.

Also, the PC version has the extra DLC for free. Leonardo's Disappearance it's called. Have you played that? Is it worth playing through?

.la1n

Yeah. I've heard from a number of people that the game is not worth playing through. Kind of annoying considering you don't really learn anything in Brotherhood, they left it all for Revelations I imagine. I think I will watch it on youtube.

Also, the PC version has the extra DLC for free. Leonardo's Disappearance it's called. Have you played that? Is it worth playing through?

The Da Vinci Disappearance is worth playing if nothing else because the final level is pretty fantastic and the platforming in general is fun. The story gets a little inconsistent but the characters and their dialogue are well done so it kind of makes up for it. For free? Definitely worth your time.

leadbelly

Banned
The Da Vinci Disappearance is worth playing if nothing else because the final level is pretty fantastic and the platforming in general is fun. The story gets a little inconsistent but the characters and their dialogue are well done so it kind of makes up for it. For free? Definitely worth your time.

Yeah. Free on PC.

You know, I've not really took much notice of Uplay before the other night. I realised that the achievement points can actually be used for 'rewards'. So I was looking at what rewards I could exchange them for and noticed The Da Vinci Disappearance. It needed no points and stated that it was the biggest expansion yet for Brotherhood. So I clicked on it and went back in the game. The game alerted me to a new recovered memory.

I might as well play through it then. :)

leadbelly

Banned
I'm currently downloading Max Payne 3. The game needs 30GB of space on PC. This for a game that is around 8 hours long apparently. A large part of that is probably high-res textures, etc.

I started thinking about next-gen games. They're going to be huge.

.la1n

I'm currently downloading Max Payne 3. The game needs 30GB of space on PC. This for a game that is around 8 hours long apparently. A large part of that is probably high-res textures, etc.

I started thinking about next-gen games. They're going to be huge.

Luckily additional hard drive space is pretty cheap as long as you aren't talking SSDs (which outside of housing the OS I don't usually use for game installs.)

leadbelly

Banned
Luckily additional hard drive space is pretty cheap as long as you aren't talking SSDs (which outside of housing the OS I don't usually use for game installs.)

Just as well really.

I wonder if next-gen there will be any games that need a triple layer (100GB) Blu-ray disc. lol

Maybe Kojima will find use for one. :D

.la1n

No idea, I am relatively excited for PS4 but with a backlog of 20+ games between the PC and PS3 I do not see myself investing in it right away (nor did I with PS3.)

leadbelly

Banned
I have a huge backlog too. As you know, I've only just finished Brotherhood (lol). I've downloaded Max Payne 3, but I'm not going to play through that next. I just wanted something new to look at. I know Max Payne 3 looks good on PC, so I just wanted to look at it and see how well it runs. I'll probably just have a little play for about 20 minutes and then go on to something else. Maybe Dark Souls.

I played about 30 minutes of Dark Souls before going on to Brotherhood. I think that is the game I should play next.

You'll do just fine Shan, no worries.

Thanks. I'm feeling significantly better about it now that I've got some nice sources.

I'll remember you wearing a piggy pyjama.

Thanks :p Its much better than remembering me in the red panda pyjamas (I spilled wine over the piggy ones halfway through the night, and there's a pretty stark difference in levels of sobriety).

Exhibit A:
5YkthpA.jpg

hdSOnhu.jpg

95RHvEf.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
I'm wondering if that is the facial expression you made when kicking your friend in the balls.

You look slightly deranged in that photo. lol

I also think you look kind of dirty in your piggy outfit (lol). I don't know why.

I'm wondering if that is the facial expression you made when kicking your friend in the balls.

You look slightly deranged in that photo. lol

I also think you look kind of dirty in your piggy outfit (lol). I don't know why.

aww man, that was the complete opposite look of what I was aiming for.

Also, friend-who-is-often-subjected-to-being-kicked-in-the-balls is the guy in the top photo on the right.

leadbelly

Banned
aww man, that was the complete opposite look of what I was aiming for.

Also, friend-who-is-often-subjected-to-being-kicked-in-the-balls is the guy in the top photo on the right.

lol

I think it's just the angle of your face really. You look a bit like a mad scientist after bringing their part man, part reptile monstrosity to life. :D

I like the picture anyway.

Your friend seems at ease in that photo. I guess that is usually the moment you pounce. :p

leadbelly

Banned
No idea. Do you remember why you did drunk things?

Drink doesn't really affect my behaviour that much. I'm quite a happy drunk though, I must say.

I guess it can have an influence on your behaviour, but I find it doesn't really make you do things, it just frees you from inhibition. You know what you're doing, you just don't care so much about what people think, or the consequences of your actions.

Having said that, it does seem to send my one friend crazy. I don't know what the hell is going on in his head sometimes. lol

Drink doesn't really affect my behaviour that much. I'm quite a happy drunk though, I must say.

I guess it can have an influence on your behaviour, but I find it doesn't really make you do things, it just frees you from inhibition. You know what you're doing, you just don't care so much about what people think, or the consequences of your actions.

Yeah, that has proven true enough. I guess deep down inside somewhere there is an incredibly violent Shanshan :s Although I'm pretty sure most things I do are for "the lolz".

Having said that, it does seem to send my one friend crazy. I don't know what the hell is going on in his head sometimes. lol

Yeah, I have a friend like that too. He really goes off the rails in a kind of terrifying way.

On several occasions. Its becoming a thing, I'm ashamed to say :/

Accidents happen! Or maybe he's reprehensible and you want to prevent him from reproducing? Your secret is safe with the internet.

I got kicked in the balls by a gorgeous co-worker when I wouldn't let her kiss me. She was swinging from my back at the time. Story is better without context.

Edit:
Oh:
No idea. Do you remember why you did drunk things?

"Seemed like a good idea at the time."

Accidents happen! Or maybe he's reprehensible and you want to prevent him from reproducing? Your secret is safe with the internet.

I got kicked in the balls by a gorgeous co-worker when I wouldn't let her kiss me. She was swinging from my back at the time. Story is better without context.
So you took a kick in the groin over a kiss with a sexy lady? Good work Crude :p

Most of the times yeah.

But appearantly he doesn't really mind that much that you kick him in the balls considering it happens often and he doesn't stop it.

Maybe he has a ballbusting fetish :p

hahahaha. I'll tell him that.

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah, that has proven true enough. I guess deep down inside somewhere there is an incredibly violent Shanshan :s Although I'm pretty sure most things I do are for "the lolz".

Yeah... lol

I hope it's the latter personally. :p

Yeah, I have a friend like that too. He really goes off the rails in a kind of terrifying way.

My friend just becomes embarrassing. He got really drunk once and started jumping up and down in his apartment. He was in one of the top apartments so the person underneath him must have wondered what the fuck was going on. lol

He was jumping up and stamping down really hard. Fucking insane!

My friend just becomes embarrassing. He got really drunk once and started jumping up and down in his apartment. He was in one of the top apartments so the person underneath him must have wondered what the fuck was going on. lol

He was jumping up and stamping down really hard. Fucking insane!

Man that sounds embarrassing to be around. haha.

.la1n

Edit:
Oh:

"Seemed like a good idea at the time."

ALWAYS my excuse. Either that or "I didn't know I couldn't do that." Still, I have reached a point in my life where I rarely drink anymore and if I do I don't do anything crazy like I used to. As for bad drunk stories I only had one friend to do that and it was always random whether that particular day / night what he had to drink would be enough to get black out nuts. Good news is he did finally realize the problem and has been alcohol free for some time now.

leadbelly

Banned
I don't believe you have.

I think I did. It was when you posted in this thread about the embarrassing things you did the one night when you were really drunk. :p

I wasn't there that night. He was with a group of other friends. He completely disappeared, so one of my other friends went looking for him. He was outside crawling across the floor on all fours. So my other friend went outside to help him up and he said, "fuck off and leave me alone". My other friend just walked back in the pub and left him.

Anyway, a little bit later they all went outside to get him and he had gone. I heard about this the next day and went to his home to see him. He had completely forgot what had happened the night before. He didn't know what he was doing, how he got home, or where his wallet was. He had lost his wallet.

It was quite a horrible experience for him actually. Just not knowing what had happened to him for that period of time when he was on his own. He didn't know if his wallet was stolen or simply lost. Anything could have happened.

Aaah right I do remember that one.

I feel kind of bad but I'm not really a responsible drinker. Occasions are fun with or without the booze, but I enjoy drinking. I did have one night a few weeks ago where the entire night is basically gone, which was a bit weird. There's this nice fuzzy glow over the memory though, so it seems like I had fun. It's probably not very safe or healthy though, but I only drink once every six weeks or sometimes less.

leadbelly

Banned

I feel kind of bad but I'm not really a responsible drinker. Occasions are fun with or without the booze, but I enjoy drinking. I did have one night a few weeks ago where the entire night is basically gone, which was a bit weird. There's this nice fuzzy glow over the memory though, so it seems like I had fun. It's probably not very safe or healthy though, but I only drink once every six weeks or sometimes less.

Yeah. You just have to try and pace yourself I guess. Don't just gulp down drink after drink, take your time. :p

I don't actually find getting really drunk fun. There is a certain point where you just feel happy and merry, and you're not so drunk that you're staggering around. lol

Obviously getting so drunk that you lose your memory really isn't a good state to be in.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
All you people are advancing while I sink deeper into despair.

I'm there with you.

I apply to jobs, but no bites. Can't get into grad school, when a ton of people I know are going (and don't even want to.)

At this point I'm clinging to art like a floatation device.

Good luck, RNH. I've got an interview today too. I'm gonna be posting pictures of my business casual clothes afterwards because I think I look really good, for once.

I think that went OK. Maybe. They said they'd get back to me about the second interview within the week. Here's hoping.

Also when I get back to Manchester I'll post a pic of my newly short hair for you all to laugh at >_>

Acid08

Banned

I feel kind of bad but I'm not really a responsible drinker. Occasions are fun with or without the booze, but I enjoy drinking. I did have one night a few weeks ago where the entire night is basically gone, which was a bit weird. There's this nice fuzzyy glow over the memory though, so it seems like I had fun. It's probably not very safe or healthy though, but I only drink once every six weeks or sometimes less.
Personally I HATE that memory fuzziness. Hate not knowing what happened the night before. After a couple bad events while blacked out I've had to cut out drinking for the most part. Still enjoy a drink every now and then though.

Also my therapist told me that walking blackouts are a serious sign of liver failure. That if they're happening you've already damaged it a lot. So for my precious organs I don't do that anymore. Plus the whole mental health journey of being able to deal with yourself and life while sober. Bleh.

Top Bottom