• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

.la1n

I'm in the middle of the third right now. Liking it.

I have watched up to episode 6, it's not quite as fun as watching the original three seasons were. Either the jokes are not as clever or my rose tinted glasses are interfering. Also seems like every episode they are trying to cram as many cameos in as possible.

I have watched up to episode 6, it's not quite as fun as watching the original three seasons were. Either the jokes are not as clever or my rose tinted glasses are interfering. Also seems like every episode they are trying to cram as many cameos in as possible.

7 is the best one out of the ones I've watched.

It's Gob's though, so obviously it would be.

AcridMeat

Banned
I watched the entire series again recently and can say it was more fun, but I've only watched 4 so far of the new season. Thing is each episode only focuses on a couple of the characters, rather than involving the entire family. That's what is missing for me.

leadbelly

Banned
I kind of wish I still had the enthusiasm to watch drama programmes. A lot of people seem to like Game of Thrones, but for some reason, I just don't have the enthusiasm to watch it. I don't watch any drama.

What I do love watching though is documentaries and more factual programmes. That is something the BBC excels in.

AcridMeat

Banned
I agree leadbelly. They're such a time commitment and eventually you get sucked into the hole of, "Well I didn't enjoy the last couple, but I have to see what happens anyway."

I've watched Mad Men and Breaking Bad and while I enjoy what I've seen, I never was too compelled to follow the seasons. Same with GoT, I bet it's great and I'd enjoy it, but I just don't really have interest to watch it. :S

Also I did that with Dollhouse and it was not worth it. NOT WORTH IIIT

leadbelly

Banned
I agree leadbelly. They're such a time commitment and eventually you get sucked into the hole of, "Well I didn't enjoy the last couple, but I have to see what happens anyway."

I've watched Mad Men and Breaking Bad and while I enjoy what I've seen, I never was too compelled to follow the seasons. Same with GoT, I bet it's great and I'd enjoy it, but I just don't really have interest to watch it. :S

Also I did that with Dollhouse and it was not worth it. NOT WORTH IIIT

Yeah. In terms of time commitment, if you don't watch it from the start obviously it makes the series harder to follow later on. That means you have to go through all of the previous episodes to catch up. The time you have to put in catching up can discourage you from bothering at all.

.la1n

Speaking of under appreciated shows, everyone should watch Terriers. It's only one season and one of my favorite shows ever.

.la1n

You're such a renegade Tence.

so what kind of earth is it where the Anti-Monitor gets banned?

I was going to ask Beef since he seemed to have a free AM motif going in the avatar. I happened to notice she was banned a few days ago when I popped in one of the DC threads. Don't feel bad Hawk I did enjoy Real GAF July, I just think we might get a better turn out if we hold out until January this year. Either way I will always join in whatever month you guys put it up.

Thank Crude, I feel like I am on here fairly regularly but still seem to miss a lot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was going to ask Beef since he seemed to have a free AM motif going in the avatar. I happened to notice she was banned a few days ago when I popped in one of the DC threads. Don't feel bad Hawk I did enjoy Real GAF July, I just think we might get a better turn out if we hold out until January this year. Either way I will always join in whatever month you guys put it up.
I'm definitely glad you enjoyed it (I did too!) but just to be clear, it totally wasn't my idea. I was just the thread forger and messenger on that one. I have no plans to enact another RPJ2 this year, not that I would object or abstain from participating if there were one. :p
If we do one in July that will mean I will have to buy a porkpie hat and cosplay as Robert Oppenheimer.
Well that'd make it worthwhile.

Crap...it's a perma. Bye Anti :(
Um.
Another brilliant move by EviLore.
Was that seriously it...? What on earth?

.la1n

Looks like Mirror's Edge 2 could be coming to next-gen. It has popped up on Amazon in two different countries. The bad news though is that both times it was only for Xbox One. It could be an exclusive. Hopefully it is not or it's just a timed exclusive.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=570457

One of my favourite games this gen. I've been dying for a sequel.

Easily in my top ten for this gen. If a sequel has any motion controls what so ever I will not give it the time of day.

Davedough

I'd just like to say that while I had no faith in the game, Devil May Cry (DmC) could quite easily be my GOTY if it were last year and I were playing it then.

leadbelly

Banned
Easily in my top ten for this gen. If a sequel has any motion controls what so ever I will not give it the time of day.

Yeah. It is one of the few games this gen that actually did something new. It has the appearance of an FPS, but it's actually more like a puzzle game. Every room you have to traverse is like a puzzle. I suppose it has a lot in common with games like Portal.

I also loved the aesthetic in the game. They somehow managed to make very ordinary objects look beautiful. Valve added the screenshot feature around the time I first played the game. It is one of the first games I ever used it on. I made lots of pictures of pipes and planks of wood (lol).

A couple of screenshots I did.
F32811C2D18C26CD842610B02DBCCF6CF85D9C22

I'd just like to say that while I had no faith in the game, Devil May Cry (DmC) could quite easily be my GOTY if it were last year and I were playing it then.

Yeah. I've heard it's not a bad game, but that's the first time I've heard someone say it's their GOTY. I will probably try it out if it goes on sale.

Speaking of sales, it seems ages since the last Steam sale. Hopefully we get a summer sale this year.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls on PC. I played the game on PS3 at my friend's house once and generally died a lot. I'd never played it before so I figured I would do much better once I learned how to play it. Started playing through it on PC and realised just how hard the game is (lol).

.la1n

No. I picked the Wanderer. OMG why? :O

Just looking at the Wanderer's stats, I've noticed his defensive skill aren't all that great. That's probably making it a little more difficult for myself. Maybe I should start again. :/

Edit: Actually, it does say he is a good all-round class, so...

lol, well you can alter your character as you see fit so it's not a huge issue. Pyromancer just makes it easier starting out, after you are a couple hours in it won't matter. More important is what special item you pick at the beginning because some of them are disposable as they can be acquired in the game proper.

Be sure to choose the pendant as your starting item. I'm sure you'll find many uses for it over the course of your journey.

Miyazaki even recommends new players pick the pendant. He wouldn't ever steer you wrong, would he?
jSpTs2b.gif

Just take the Master Key like everyone does, unless you start with the Thief class.

Acid08

Banned
I thought Mirror's Edge was fun but the controls were kind of clunky. Always seemed like a game that could benefit from a sequel with looooots of refinement.

leadbelly

Banned
lol, well you can alter your character as you see fit so it's not a huge issue. Pyromancer just makes it easier starting out, after you are a couple hours in it won't matter. More important is what special item you pick at the beginning because some of them are disposable as they can be acquired in the game proper.

Yeah. I'm quite happy with my choice now. In terms of character at least.

You know at the very beginning when the crow takes you to that shrine? I followed the path that leads straight to the Catacombs, which in hindsight was a really bad idea. The truth is though, I never noticed there was another path I could follow. I ran back out of the Catacombs and had another look around. It was then I noticed a path up the hill that leads to Undead Burg. It is considerably easier going that way than it is going through the Catacombs. I'm guessing that was what I was supposed to do.

Be sure to choose the pendant as your starting item. I'm sure you'll find many uses for it over the course of your journey.

Miyazaki even recommends new players pick the pendant. He wouldn't ever steer you wrong, would he?
jSpTs2b.gif

Just take the Master Key like everyone does, unless you start with the Thief class.

Nooo! Another thing I didn't do! I've invested a little too much time in the game now to start again. :(

Top Bottom