• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Onoes! I'm sorry RNH. :( How come you have to leave this one?
Got laid off 'cause of crap management pretty much. I don't really mind that much though, I was planning on quitting soon anyway, plus now I'm definitely definitely moving back to Brighton, which is awesome. Having a job lined up would be nice, but now I have time to lie around doing nothing :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well that blows about the layoffs but I'm glad you've kept your Robo-Head up. In all honesty finding time to lie around doing nothing is one of my primary life goals!

leadbelly

Banned
So I'm looking in the shaving mirror deciding whether I need to shave. It is getting quite long. I'm thinking I would make a good hobo.

qptscOt.jpg

Does Leadbelly clean the shaving mirror? Will it be a clean shave or will he leave a goatee? Find out in the next episode of... Looking in the Shaving Mirror

leadbelly

Banned
I would buy a 3DS, but I know it would be just one more gaming device I don't play. I've bought a whole load of games on Android, and only played through 1 or 2. :/

I'm currently playing through Dark Souls though and loving it.

Acid08

Banned
I would buy a 3DS, but I know it would be just one more gaming device I don't play. I've bought a whole load of games on Android, and only played through 1 or 2. :/

I'm currently playing through Dark Souls though and loving it.

Smart phones don't count.

leadbelly

Banned
Smart phones don't count.

Well, maybe not, but I go through patches where I lose interest in gaming. I tend to have to force myself to play games. I usually find once I start playing, if I like it, I will play it for days. Like Dark Souls.

I can see me buying one, playing it for a few days, and then losing interest in it. I'd rather not waste the money.

Acid08

Banned
Well, maybe not, but I go through patches where I lose interest in gaming. I tend to have to force myself to play games. I usually find once I start playing, if I like it, I will play it for days. Like Dark Souls.

I can see me buying one, playing it for a few days, and then losing interest in it. I'd rather not waste the money.

I feel ya. I haven't been excited about a game in ages but I'm so stoked to play Animal Crossing. It's one of those franchises for me.

leadbelly

Banned
I feel ya. I haven't been excited about a game in ages but I'm so stoked to play Animal Crossing. It's one of those franchises for me.

Yeah. Highly anticipated games still get me excited I guess. I can't wait to play The Last of Us. It's been getting amazing reviews so far.

I suppose the next generation of games will get me interested initially. That will keep me going until the novelty wears off.

Acid08

Banned
It's weird getting to this point where new consoles come out and it's the first time that I'm not only disinterested in the system warz garbage but actively against it. Getting older really puts this dumb shit into perspective a bit.

I just want to play good games, not argue over which corporation makes the best overpriced box.

leadbelly

Banned
*comes in*

*sees Queen hate*

*throws thread in the trash*

Tell Robot he's an asshole, lissar!

I don't see you get angry enough. Chuck one of your books across the room.

Also, film it. I want to see your throwing skills.

It's weird getting to this point where new consoles come out and it's the first time that I'm not only disinterested in the system warz garbage but actively against it. Getting older really puts this dumb shit into perspective a bit.

I just want to play good games, not argue over which corporation makes the best overpriced box.

Well, the Xbox One is a joke at the moment. So much negative vibe coming from that camp. There are rumours flying around now that they're having problems with production. Something to do with the esRAM. It could be to do with heat. They might have to downclock the GPU which would be a bit of a disaster. lol

It's already weaker than the PS4. Might end up quite a lot weaker.

Pau

*comes in*

*sees Queen hate*

*throws thread in the trash*
My crush for you grows <3

Even when I was little I didn't understand the system wars thing. I just wished I had enough money/my parents would let me buy all the consoles. :C

And yes, this will be the first time in my life I get to actually play Animal Crossing with other people. :3

leadbelly

Banned
Even when I was little I didn't understand the system wars thing. I just wished I had enough money/my parents would let me buy all the consoles. :C

I bought both a 360 and PS3 this generation. I'm going to give the Xbox One a miss this time around though. It's not just because of the DRM and used games issue either. Microsoft basically lost me this generation for a whole bunch of reasons.

leadbelly

Banned
Queen are tolerable.

I posted some videos a while back in this thread of Queen performing live. You don't really have to like their music that much to appreciate just how good they were live. Freddie Mercury was simply incredible.

The truth is, I'm not that big of a Queen fan in terms of their style of music. I like some of their songs, but they aren't a band I listen to a lot. However, some of their live performances simply blew me away when I first watched them.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Tell Robot he's an asshole, lissar!

I don't see you get angry enough. Chuck one of your books across the room.

Also, film it. I want to see your throwing skills.

You should have seen me last night when I was trying to deal with Uplay.

I gave up on it and started up Little Inferno, and burned ALL THE THINGS FOR FIVE HOURS.

My crush for you grows <3

<3 :3

leadbelly

Banned
You should have seen me last night when I was trying to deal with Uplay.

I gave up on it and started up Little Inferno, and burned ALL THE THINGS FOR FIVE HOURS

Don't speak to me about Uplay. lol

When I was playing through Assassin's Creed 2 I lost about 8 hours of gameplay from that piece of shit. Cloud saving simply doesn't work (not sure what it is like now). For some reason the cloud save feature had an issue where it would completely wipe your save.

Edit: I'll just say: I don't literally mean don't speak to me, it is a figure of speech.

Queen has a bunch of good songs (esp. fat bottom girls and don't stop me now). BUT. I have to go against the grain and say that Bohemian rhapsody is boring, long and over played. People are always singing it at parties, at karaoke, on the bus. It's really not that great a song, and I am SO tired of hearing it.

Hell yeah I'm getting it! Don't have a 3DS yet though because I'm picking this beautiful baby up on Sunday :)

Will definitely post my friend code in here.

I just ordered one from Japan~ So excited.

AcridMeat

Banned
Queen has a bunch of good songs (esp. fat bottom girls and don't stop me now). BUT. I have to go against the grain and say that Bohemian rhapsody is boring, long and over played. People are always singing it at parties, at karaoke, on the bus. It's really not that great a song, and I am SO tired of hearing it.
Every classic rock band has an overplayed anthem. It's why I was so burnt out on specific Led Zeppelin/ AC/DC / Black Sabbath songs growing up. Still am.

That said come on son.

This song of theirs doesn't get enough love.

Acid mine is being shipped, but I got 2 day shipping so hopefully it'll be here Tuesday. I've been hearing more about what the AC games are like and now I'm kind of hyped. Also having a 3DS in general. :D

leadbelly

Banned

I don't mind Bohemian Rhapsody actually, but it is certainly a song that is overplayed. As I've stated already, I'm not a huge fan of Queen, it is a particular brand of rock that isn't quite to my taste, but they have certainly made a number of catchy songs.

I wasn't really a fan of Radio Ga Ga at all until hearing Queen play it live. When the recent GTA V trailer came out and it was playing, I thought to myself, "Yeah, I do genuinely like this now". I guess Don't Stop Me Now is one of my favourites as well. Also, Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

Top Bottom