• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Men Use Items - Brawl Items Tournament Thread - March 24th - ???

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Round 7: Announcement

Round 6: Announcement - Results

Round 5: Announcement - Results

Round 4: Announcement - Results

Round 3: Announcement - Results

Round 2: Announcement - Results

Round 1: Results

- - - - - - - - - -

Greetings, all. The tournament begins.

315fv5u.jpg

Basic Info: There are 51 entrants in the "Real Men Use Items" GAF tournament. We will battle until but one GAFfer remains.

Each round of battles will be announced in this thread - both as a new message and in the first post. Each round will be posted at about midnight PST just after the prior round ends. Entrants will locate their battle number and opponents, contact each other, battle, then submit the results to me by midnight of the specified day (generally within 48 hours of the start of the round). Specific battle info will be listed in the round update.

Make sure to enter the friend codes of all of your opponents before battle time.

Unless otherwise noted, all battles shall have all items enabled and set to Medium frequency by ALL entrants. All entrants will meet at their specified time, enter into a group battle, and all will select the specified stage. Entrants do not have to reveal their character choices before the battle begins.

Result Reporting:
Within 48 hours of the Round Posting/Announcement, results should be submitted by PM to me. Please include the Battle Number (listed in the round posting... 1-A, 1-B, 2-A, etc.), the GAF names of -all- entrants, and their respective rankings. If you are able to save a replay of the battle, mention this in the PM so that we can arrange for other GAFfers to view replays.

Remember, this is a double elimination tournament -- you will be dropped from the tournament upon your second loss. Victory/Loss conditions may differ from round to round, but should be specified in each Round Posting/Announcement. In case of confusion, my judgement is final. :)

If there are any problems or issues, PM me as soon as possible.

Well, that should about do it... ready?

--------------------------------------------

ROUND 7
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, Monday April 21st

Settings - 3 Player, All Items, 3 Stock Battle (No time limit)
Stage - Final Destination
Win Condition - 1st Place

Nabster92 , NABIL , 2148-7776-5580
* superbank , RAD , 0473 7438 0591
* zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806

If Nabster wins this battle, the tournament ends. If he loses, we'll go into round 8.

Good luck, men..

slayn

needs to show more effort.
For the purposes of getting together with your opponents, I suggest meeting up in IRC to make communication easier. You can connect using mirc, pidgin, trillian, etc.

server: irc.globalgamers.com
channel: #GAF_SB

if you don't know how to connect to IRC or don't want to install anything, you can use the handy web browser version here:
http://irc-pro.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#gaf_sb
All you have to do is put in your nickname and press start

1-G
LiveWire , Jason , 3480-2229-7117
LouieGeetoo , John , 3480-2247-8919
Manabanana , COLIN , 1676-3361-2017
Miamiwesker , DVDR , 2664-1764-5573

G-UNIT! :D After 7PM CDT tonight or after 7PM CDT tomorrow I could make work.

Edit: Work schedule changed ;(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
DavidDayton said:
1-M Special Note: Battle 1-M is a 3 player battle. ONLY the 1st Place player will be awarded a victory.
XiaNaphryz , K.J. , 4511-0161-5640
Ysiadmihi , (Kak) , 3694-9280-7733
zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806
I'm available after 8 PST tonight.

Nishastra

Banned
1-I
Nishastra , Nishi , 3866 7675 1887
OliveJuice , Nin , 1934-0346-5121
Phantom Flapjack , Rimzy , 1891 0838 6258
PkunkFury , ECHAN , 2835-9757-6074
Since everybody's doing it :p

I'm free all day today. Not so much tomorrow.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I pmed my opponents but haven't heard back yet. I good with either tonight or tomorrow evening from around 4->9pm PST

Wednesday I will not be available at all

LiveWire

Manabanana said:
G-UNIT! :D After 7PM CDT tonight or after 1PM CDT tomorrow I could make work.

I'm free tonight around 10PM Eastern or tomorrow night around 6PM Eastern. I already have MiamiWesker (and I *think* you, Mana) on my friends list. I will check to make sure, as well as add LouieGeetoo, tonight. I'll propose 10PM Eastern (7PM Pacific) tonight as our time to meet and play, does that work for everyone?

Nishastra said:

1-I

I'm also free all day today and any time tomorrow from 4pm to 12am PDT

LiveWire said:
I'm free tonight around 10PM Eastern or tomorrow night around 6PM Eastern. I already have MiamiWesker (and I *think* you, Mana) on my friends list. I will check to make sure, as well as add LouieGeetoo, tonight. I'll propose 10PM Eastern (7PM Pacific) tonight as our time to meet and play, does that work for everyone?

I am in. So explain this to me, we play a four player match and the winner has to win how many times? How many matches is it?

LiveWire

MiamiWesker said:
I am in. So explain this to me, we play a four player match and the winner has to win how many times? How many matches is it?

Just one 3-stock match. Top 2 places proceed to next round. I assume DavidDayton will update us on any changes to the rules as each round proceeds.

firex

well, for 1-D, anytime on monday-wednesday-friday works for me, or the weekend, or tues/thursday evening/late night (EST).

Nabster92

MrCheez said:
I'm actually free all day today :)

Well I was SUPPOSED to get all 5 of my wisdom teeth out today, but the dentist looked at the x-ray and was like eeee I ain't touchin that. So now I am free anytime today as well. So someone thats not free at some time set it up whenever they're free.

DDayton

OliveJuice said:
I didn't know it was Free for All.

Well, most rounds would be. This is a "Real" Smash Bros. tournament, after all... but keep in mind that there will be a variety of round types, as this tournament is geared towards the well-rounded Smash Bros. players.

Nishastra said:
I foresee much inability to get all four players together at once.

Time will tell :p
Yeah... I was originally just going to schedule you guys for specific times and expect you to log on at that point, but people said that would be too difficult to do. We'll see how this works.

LiveWire said:
MiamiWesker said:
Just one 3-stock match. Top 2 places proceed to next round. I assume DavidDayton will update us on any changes to the rules as each round proceeds.
You've got it right, LiveWire. This round is a single 4 player match. Top two places proceed to the next round.

Teknoman

1-K
Teknoman , Tek , 2621 2305 2572
TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588
TheDrizzlerJ11 , JRY , 2750-0871-5839
TJ Spyke , Tim , 3909-7181-4553

ROUND 1
Results due by 11:59 PM PST, Tuesday March 25th
Settings - 4 Player, All Items, 3 Stock Battle (No Time Limit)
Stage - Battlefield
Win Condition - 1st or 2nd Place. (In case of a tie for 1st or 2nd, all tied players will progress)

Im ready whenever you guys are. Going to add now.

Also i'll try to save replays whenever possible. Same for Firestorm's.

jibblypop

Banned
ICallItFutile , Futil , 3780-8678-6774
JCX9 , JCX , 1160-9377-8688
jibblypop , billy , 0259-0020-1632
justchris , CHRIS , 0645-5451-1017

ok i added you 3.. i can definitely play tomorrow all day.. and most likely i will have some time tonight as well

Teknoman

Gonna have to try and PM everyone then I guess?

EDIT: Problem

TJ Spyke cant recieve private messages apparently... but everyone else I sent went through sucessfully. So now what?

LiveWire said:

Wow just one match, its like the NCAA tournament. :p

Blizzard

Banned
I (one by one) PMed everyone in my group. I'm available late at night, hopefully, today and tomorrow (9:30 or later EST).

1-A
akachan ningen , Akach , 2835-9939-4834
Baiano19 , Martn , 0731-4482-5206
Blizzard , BLIZ , 0559-6429-2950
CassSept , Cass , 4253-3297-0554

firex

I just realized my FC for SSBB might be messed up in the list. it should be 0946-2043-9896, and not 2403 in the middle there.

XiaNaphryz

So what do we do if only some people show up to a match and not others? Is it still top 2 (or top 1 for my match) that move on?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Went ahead and sent a PM to everyone in my group (Mike Works, Milabrega, and Nabster) asking if 7 pm PST works

XiaNaphryz

MrCheez said:
Went ahead and sent a PM to everyone in my group (Mike Works, Milabrega, and Nabster) asking if 7 pm PST works
I did the same thing with my group for a 8 PM Pacific request. Only got a response from Ysiadmihi so far.

truendo

DavidDayton said:
Greetings, all. The tournament begins.

1-L
tmdorsey , , 0516-6926-0787
truendo , TRNDO , 5155 2598 7295
WalkMan , Loc , 2578 2855 1155
Projectkuro , kuro , 2535-3344-8474

I'm going to send a PM to you all now... It's gonna be hard to get a time that will work for everybody!

DDayton

Good news, folks -- we're going to have a trophy... or, perhaps, "statuette" is a better term.

Teknoman said:
Gonna have to try and PM everyone then I guess?
EDIT: Problem
TJ Spyke cant recieve private messages apparently... but everyone else I sent went through sucessfully. So now what?

Here's his GAF Info page -- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=8560 . Try his e-mail or other contact information, I suppose. Check back with me tomorrow if he still hasn't responded in this thread or by PM/e-mail.

firex said:
I just realized my FC for SSBB might be messed up in the list. it should be 0946-2043-9896, and not 2403 in the middle there.
I changed it. You should PM your battlemates and let them know.

XiaNaphryz said:
So what do we do if only some people show up to a match and not others? Is it still top 2 (or top 1 for my match) that move on?
If -all- members had agreed to a time but someone doesn't show up, I'd count that as a loss. However, if it's a matter of someone not getting back in touch regarding a battle time, then wait until tomorrow and see if he does. PM me with details if he can't be reached.

LiveWire said:

It works for me. Hopefully the others will show up.

DDayton

Would it help if, in future rounds, we agreed to make a default start time, and you PMmed your opponents if that time didn't work?

(Or would you guys rather just work out all the details yourselves?)

truendo

I don't know, I think that with four players it will be really difficult to find a good time anyway especially with the different time zones and stuff.

zoku88

XiaNaphryz said:
I did the same thing with my group for a 8 PM Pacific request. Only got a response from Ysiadmihi so far.
Sorry, I don't check PMs oftenly enough >.>

(And i let someone borrow the game, so I just got it back now :lol )

Sent you a PM

Firestorm

Economan , ECONO , 2621-2270-4954
Enk , Enk , 1375-6901-4050
Fenix , Fenix , 2062-8843-5247
Firestorm , Fire , 5026-4112-2259

Apparently I have to leave in 10 minutes for a dinner and was not informed of this by my parents beforehand. Just got home. I won't be available to play today or tomorrow until 7:30 PM Pacific. I know Fenix is in my city so he's the same time zone. Dunno about Enk and Economan. Would after 8 PM work?

yep, 7pm works for me, which is perfect because i'm super busy any other time

i haven't had much luck with online with my wii, so if i don't show up, just play without me

so what do i do, add david as a friend or all three of you or what?

Nabster92

Mike Works said:
yep, 7pm works for me, which is perfect because i'm super busy any other time

i haven't had much luck with online with my wii, so if i don't show up, just play without me

so what do i do, add david as a friend or all three of you or what?

Add us 3

MrCheez

Milabrega said:
Cheez ignore my PM. The match is an hour an a half from now aye?

Yup! I'll go ahead and host if thats okay. :) Make sure everyone has everyone else added as friends

Are you guys ready now or do you want to wait a half hour for 7pm?

Edit: If you guys want me to host: When I put the room up, if all four of us aren't in the room when the match starts I'm just going to "No Contest" it until everyone arrives.

PkunkFury

Phantom Flapjack said:
Originally Posted by Nishastra:

Quote:
1-I

I'm also free all day today and any time tomorrow from 4pm to 12am PDT

just got back from work. Did we set a time? I'm also available all night tonight and all night tomorrow night as well. Sounds like we need to try for tonight. I'm on Pacific time so I'm available pretty late for anyone on Eastern (7pm-12pm pacific)

MrCheez

Nabster is the only one online, I'll create the room when Mila and Mike Works pop onto my friends list.

BTW we are only doing 1 round right? Not best of three?

Nabster92

MrCheez said:
Nabster is the only one online, I'll create the room when Mila and Mike Works pop onto my friends list.

BTW we are only doing 1 round right? Not best of three?

Wanna play a couple 1v1's till they come?

PkunkFury said:
just got back from work. Did we set a time? I'm also available all night tonight and all night tomorrow night as well. Sounds like we need to try for tonight. I'm on Pacific time so I'm available pretty late for anyone on Eastern (7pm-12pm pacific)
I am available from 10 - 11~PM EST.

MrCheez

Nabster92 said:
Wanna play a couple 1v1's till they come?

Sure thing man.

BTW guys: when we are all in the room and we do our tourney match... if you guys want to stick around we should play a few extras. :) (With only the first match actually counting towards the tourney of course)

Top Bottom