• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Men Use Items - Brawl Items Tournament Thread - March 24th - ???

MiamiWesker said:
I have never seen anything like this. Before this last one I tried a random match to see if it was me, it worked great. Something is going on where we cant communicate.

It even happened when we were just tooling around without you there. It's gotta be something between one of the three of us. I dunno what to do though. I've never had a problem online before.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm...

I may have to make some modifications for round 2. Specific teams with specific problems in their connections, we'll work out some sort of alternate round if you can't complete the round by tomorrow evening.

Aggravating, this is.

Teknoman

LiveWire said:
I don't think this is gonna happen guys. It seems to have the same issues as our Madden league. There seem to be issues with distance around the country or other connection issues. We completed a lag-free game with Manabanana, Louie and myself, but when Wesker joins it lasts either a few seconds or a minute at most. Unless Nintendo figures out how to make a better online network game, I don't think this tournament will ever get off the ground. :(

Is it gamebreaking super slow lag? I had a battle with a GAF member in japan (1 vs 1 Firestorm tournament) today and it wasnt too laggy. Its not a distance problem im sure. Must be something else.

Teknoman said:
Is it gamebreaking super slow lag? I had a battle with a GAF member in japan (1 vs 1 Firestorm tournament) today and it wasnt too laggy. Its not a distance problem im sure. Must be something else.
It's not very laggy at all. Either a few seconds into or halfway through a match the game will suddenly just stop, as if it's experiencing extreme lag. One time it continued, when it was just three of us, but when all four of us play and it happens (which it has every time there've been 4 of us), a connection error eventually pops up and kicks us back to the With Friends menu screen.

It looks like LiveWire has given up, at least for tonight, so I am as well. Maybe we can try again tomorrow?

Oh well guess you guys gave up, we will try tomorrow then. Manabanana I am up for more matches if you want to keep playing for fun, your good.

It is so weird three works but four does not.

I feared something like this would happen, sometimes it just wont connect well with certain people, I dont know why.

So what does my team want to do? Try again tomorrow see if it works? I am free during the day but from 8-11:30pm EST I will be out, anytime after that is fine.

MiamiWesker said:
I feared something like this would happen, sometimes it just wont connect well with certain people, I dont know why.

So what does my team want to do? Try again tomorrow see if it works? I am free during the day but from 8-11:30pm EST I will be out, anytime after that is fine.

Yeah, why don't we give it another shot tomorrow night.

Great games tonight, btw. Those were super fun.

DDayton

Teknoman said:
Someone here needs to pull a Jiggy and keep tabs on all the stats in this topic.

Well, I was planning to when I did the official update... I'll add winners/losers to the original post in a moment.

DDayton

Nishastra said:
We had a tie for second. What now? :p
OliveJuice said:
Lol, see how nice I am :p

Oh the results were,

1st. OliveJuice
2nd. Nishi and Fury
3rd. Phantom

You guys are supposed to PM the results to me as well! Please do that next time... but results obtained, thanks!

DDayton

Two groups reporting back.

1-I
(2) Nishastra , Nishi , 3866 7675 1887
(1) OliveJuice , Nin , 1934-0346-5121
(3) Phantom Flapjack , Rimzy , 1891 0838 6258
(2) PkunkFury , ECHAN , 2835-9757-6074

1-M Special Note: Battle 1-M is a 3 player battle. ONLY the 1st Place player will be awarded a victory.
(3) XiaNaphryz , K.J. , 4511-0161-5640
(1) Ysiadmihi , (Kak) , 3694-9280-7733
(2) zoku88 , zoku , 2535-3420-8806

Now we play...the waiting game.

scottnak

Well... Talking to SS4Gogita, he's not going to be able to play tomorrow (since he seems to be out from 1 - 11)... Couldn't play today under short notice...

I don't know what to do. I'll try to be on most of tomorrow, maybe something miraculous will happen, but other than that. I don't know how this is getting done.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I am generally available from 4-8pm PST, but I will not be available at all tomorrow (wednesday). This is going to be difficult to find a time for us =(

Milabrega

Don't know what we should do, but I can play again today now until 5 or if not late night(I'm on eastern time). Will try and follow the thread/pm's, but if not I'll be on at 4 for my match in my other tourney I'll join if I see the room up.

MrCheez said:
Mila and Nabil, what should we do since Mike can't join? Go ahead or reschedule?

(BTW sorry about having battlefield be chosen for our practice match... I hit random stage select... hope that didnt confuse you guys :p)

PS Nabil you're a bastard with Marth :lol

Ya didn't know that was our practice match or not since I read this post at the time ...

Mike Works said:
i'm going to have to bow out, i can't get online

god, the Nintendo USB Connector is such an absolute horrid piece of shit, it's unbelievable

So i stayed the next two rounds to make sure, the second someone selected Yoshi's Island and for the third whoever was P2 on my screen called no contest and then dropped out so I guessed the first round counted so I left. Sorry about the mis-communication.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Milabrega said:
So i stayed the next two rounds to make sure, the second someone selected Yoshi's Island and for the third whoever was P2 on my screen called no contest and then dropped out so I guessed the first round counted so I left. Sorry about the mis-communication.

It's okay... I blame Nintendo... would it have been that hard to have a chat room feature inbetween matches? =/

Blizzard

Banned
I've got a reply from Baiano19, saying apparently around 10 p.m. EST should be okay, I think? Haven't heard from the other two. He's in Brazil so this may be laggy. XD

...of course, I can play with a couple of people in New Jersey with hardly any lag, while people on the SAME college campus have horrible lag, so it all depends.

Teknoman

Gonna give everyone a PM today as a reminder. Hope they show.

EDIT: So far the only person I seem to be able to reach is TheCrow.
EDIT 2: What happens if only 2 (myself and one other person) show up for the battle?

Manabanana said:
Yeah, why don't we give it another shot tomorrow night.

Great games tonight, btw. Those were super fun.

I'll be out till mayb 11:30EST I can play anytime after that. Great games last night as well. The rest of the group has not checked in here yet?

truendo

Well guys, I think we have a problem. The sever is down now and unless it fixes in under two hours and fiffteen minutes, my group will have to reschedule our chosen date/time.

Top Bottom