• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Men Use Items - Brawl Items Tournament Thread - March 24th - ???

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
jibblypop said:
ICallItFutile , Futil , 3780-8678-6774
JCX9 , JCX , 1160-9377-8688
jibblypop , billy , 0259-0020-1632
justchris , CHRIS , 0645-5451-1017

ok i added you 3.. i can definitely play tomorrow all day.. and most likely i will have some time tonight as well

I'm available after 6PM EST tomorrow.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
The room is up, Mike Works and Mila.

We'll play some matches until all four of us are in the room... the first match with all four of us is the one that counts. Remember to turn all items to medium and choose battlefield for that one

I am logging in now, I dont have a computer near me so I wont be able to communicate during the match, hopefully this goes soothly.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
MiamiWesker said:
I am logging in now, I dont have a computer near me so I wont be able to communicate during the match, hopefully this goes soothly.

I hope so. I'm not looking forward to scheduling round 2 at the moment... unless round 1 goes well.

DDayton

Manabanana said:
Who's making the room?

And who should I be...? :O

In theory, all 3 of your opponents should be visible online, and you should be able to join ANY of those 3 and enter the communal room.

In theory.

MrCheez said:
The room is up, Mike Works and Mila.

We'll play some matches until all four of us are in the room... the first match with all four of us is the one that counts. Remember to turn all items to medium and choose battlefield for that one
i'm going to have to bow out, i can't get online

god, the Nintendo USB Connector is such an absolute horrid piece of shit, it's unbelievable

DDayton

Mike Works said:
i'm going to have to bow out, i can't get online

god, the Nintendo USB Connector is such an absolute horrid piece of shit, it's unbelievable

Ouch. Have you been able to get online before?

Mike, I'll keep you in for round 2 -- this is double elimination, so this would only count as a single loss for you. Did you want to stick around for the rest of the tournament?

You guys could also agree to battle later. I leave that up to the four of you. I just need the results by midnight tomorrow.

DDayton

MiamiWesker said:
What just happend??????

Was it just me that got disconnected?

I was winning the match too. :(

Did you get a No Contest or a lost communication screen?

Nabster92

So what are we doing then?

Wait whos jump? was that mike? I'm assuming not from his post

So can you possibly get online anytime within these two days mike?

MrCheez

Mila and Nabil, what should we do since Mike can't join? Go ahead or reschedule?

(BTW sorry about having battlefield be chosen for our practice match... I hit random stage select... hope that didnt confuse you guys :p)

PS Nabil you're a bastard with Marth :lol

Teknoman

I guess:

Group 1-K
Teknoman , Tek , 2621 2305 2572
TheCrow , Oscar , 1375-6917-8588
TheDrizzlerJ11 , JRY , 2750-0871-5839
TJ Spyke , Tim , 3909-7181-4553

Should be ready to go tomorrow evening. Got a PM from TheCrow saying he's good for tomorrow. Likewise for me, so now we just need to get word from Thedrizzler and TJ Spyke.

Enk

makes good threads.
Firestorm said:
Apparently I have to leave in 10 minutes for a dinner and was not informed of this by my parents beforehand. Just got home. I won't be available to play today or tomorrow until 7:30 PM Pacific. I know Fenix is in my city so he's the same time zone. Dunno about Enk and Economan. Would after 8 PM work?
Should be fine with me. I didn't realize this was going to be a 4 player match. Makes things a bit difficult given the short time frame.

MrCheez

Hmmm I think he might have logged on when he thought Mike couldn't get on? =/ What should we do?

MrCheez

Alright I say that when Nabster comes back - that match counts as the real one? We can't wait all night, I need to go soon too

Group 1-I!

1-I
Nishastra , Nishi , 3866 7675 1887
OliveJuice , Nin , 1934-0346-5121
Phantom Flapjack , Rimzy , 1891 0838 6258
PkunkFury , ECHAN , 2835-9757-6074

Seems we're all free at whatever time except OliveJuice, who's only free from 10-11 eastern time. So we should get our match in in the next 30-45 minutes, yes? Are you guys around? Available? Should I be sending PMs instead?

Phantom Flapjack said:
Group 1-I!

1-I
Nishastra , Nishi , 3866 7675 1887
OliveJuice , Nin , 1934-0346-5121
Phantom Flapjack , Rimzy , 1891 0838 6258
PkunkFury , ECHAN , 2835-9757-6074

Seems we're all free at whatever time except OliveJuice, who's only free from 10-11 eastern time. So we should get our match in in the next 30-45 minutes, yes? Are you guys around? Available? Should I be sending PMs instead?
I might be able to extend it, but not by more then 30-45 minutes

MrCheez

DavidDayton said:
I'm starting to have grave fears for group 1-H.

We are not having good luck :lol We had the three of us waiting for Mike Works, then when he arrived we lost Mila... now Nabster is AFK and Mike has to go.

Yikes! @_@

DDayton

MrCheez said:
We are not having good luck :lol We had the three of us waiting for Mike Works, then when he arrived we lost Mila... now Nabster is AFK and Mike has to go.

Yikes! @_@

You guys COULD try for tomorrow -- Mike said I could knock him out of the tournament, but I don't mind waiting for you guys... then again, you could always find yourself winning the entire tournament by default. ;D

Meanwhile, I'm busy waiting for the statuette to dry.

Nishastra

Banned
Phantom Flapjack said:
I've just been sitting online for hours, as you may know. Whenever everybody's on, I'm ready :p

DDayton

Nishastra said:
I've just been sitting online for hours, as you may know. Whenever everybody's on, I'm ready :p

Go Go, Group 1-I... provided all four of you can get together.

MrCheez

DavidDayton said:
You guys COULD try for tomorrow -- Mike said I could knock him out of the tournament, but I don't mind waiting for you guys... then again, you could always find yourself winning the entire tournament by default. ;D

Well, I need to go now I'm afraid. :( If the other three guys want to try for tomorrow thats fine for me. Otherwise I guess just give the win to Mila and Nabster.. we had a few practice rounds and they had more wins than I did I think :)

I have never seen anything like this. Before this last one I tried a random match to see if it was me, it worked great. Something is going on where we cant communicate.

DDayton

MrCheez said:
Well, I need to go now I'm afraid. :( If the other three guys want to try for tomorrow thats fine for me. Otherwise I guess just give the win to Mila and Nabster.. we had a few practice rounds and they had more wins than I did I think :)

You guys figure it out and get back to me when you decide. Good luck!

MiamiWesker said:
I have never seen anything like this. Before this last one I tried a random match to see if it was me, it worked great. Something is going on where we cant communicate.
I'm beginning to think this is impossible. We've only managed to finish two matches, but one only had 2 of us and the other only 3. It seems whenever all 4 of us try to do a match, it teases us by letting us play for awhile and then pulls the rug out from under our feet.

LiveWire

I don't think this is gonna happen guys. It seems to have the same issues as our Madden league. There seem to be issues with distance around the country or other connection issues. We completed a lag-free game with Manabanana, Louie and myself, but when Wesker joins it lasts either a few seconds or a minute at most. Unless Nintendo figures out how to make a better online network game, I don't think this tournament will ever get off the ground. :(

Top Bottom