• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Dead Man

state_vector_collapse said:
Someone over at RLLMUK (who I think works in the industry) says he got an email saying what I'd originally posted.

But as I can't find anything concrete online I decided to edit it for now!
God damn it, you can't do that, especially after Deepack's response! :lol

pahamrick

state_vector_collapse said:
Someone over at RLLMUK (who I think works in the industry) says he got an email saying what I'd originally posted.

But as I can't find anything concrete online I decided to edit it for now!

Curiosity is killing me now.

On a more related note, these next six days are going to go by so slow.

Amneisac

People who haven't seen many westerns who want to get into a good one:

Watch the recent 3:10 to Yuma release with Russel Crowe and Christian Bale on Blu-Ray.

(if someone has already said this I'm sorry I didn't go back through the entire thread)

Not only is it a pretty good movie, and a Western, it's one of the best Blu-Rays you can watch as far as audio and video fidelity are concerned.

Denzar

pahamrick said:
Curiosity is killing me now.

He said that the game has been delayed to may 28th...

Afterwards, he edited...

It will not get delayed again.

Also, I liked 3:10 to Yuma. Luke Wilson's crowning achievement can be found in that movie. :lol

Router said:
IAmerica = Hates not having shoulder mounted nuclear dick cannon.
Wait... you mean you don't have a shoulder mounted nuclear dick cannon?!? :lol

It'll sell in Europe I'm sure. You could make an argument that 50% of the world's greatest westerns were filmed in Europe or by European directors.

Matter of fact, the Lumiere brothers always wanted to shoot a western. You can tell. Their first film: a TRAIN coming down the track. Total suckers for Louis L'Amour too*.

This particular factoid is fabricated, but sounds good, owing to the French name.

pahamrick

Deepack said:

Afterwards, he edited...

Thanks. A quick search netted me the post he was probably talking about.

The only thing I've found that corresponds is that Gamestop Finland is now listing the limited edition version of the game for a May 28th release.

Ward

Deepack said:

Afterwards, he edited...

The post he referenced on another forum is rather flimsy. "An email at work"... "no sources".

I think I'll have to group that rumor with CheapyD's source.

Deepack said:

Wow. I know it's not going to happen, but what if this game was delayed again? Would I be a bitter man?

Magic 8-Ball says:
3463if8.jpg

Yeah, I edited it because there was nothing to be found online. The post was made by a straight up guy who doesn't usually make stuff up, but as nothing was found it seemed sensible to edit it.

Ward

DeuceMojo said:
Wow. I know it's not going to happen, but what if this game was delayed again? Would I be a bitter man?

You and me both.
These "rumors" are getting as bad as the paranoia inducing email forwards from my grandma.

Ward said:
You and me both.
These "rumors" are getting as bad as the paranoia inducing email forwards from my grandma.
Hah! What's with old people and their email? I saw one the other day that said "Lesbian Elena Kagan to be appointed to Supreme Court." Heh, wow. First I've heard of it. The next day I read like a two-page article about her in the newspaper that never mentioned "lesbian."

So, I heard from a guy what knows a guy who sez "Look for cameos by Brucie, Niko, and Gay Tony in Red Dead Redemption."*

*Total Freaking Lie

Dead Man

Deepack said:

Afterwards, he edited...

Also, I liked 3:10 to Yuma. Luke Wilson's crowning achievement can be found in that movie. :lol
Thanks.

Jtones

Banned
zero margin said:
Monday is going to be the fucking worst. :lol

The day before always sucks soooo hard. I still remember the day before god of war 3 came out...Torture...pure torture.

Goldrusher

Amneisac said:

Watch the recent 3:10 to Yuma release with Russel Crowe and Christian Bale on Blu-Ray.

(if someone has already said this I'm sorry I didn't go back through the entire thread)
There are a lot more in the OP.

Tek

I heard some places overseas are delayed to the 28th due to the Ash Cloud, not sure how true that could be given the source.

* cough * gamefaqs

if US is delayed then I will cry in the fetal position all day Tuesday. I'm from Kentucky so I already have my 10 gallon hat, my boots, my moo cow and my tobacco with a jug of moonshine.

SpongeBob-SquarePants-p66.jpg

I'm READY!

Simo

Deepack said:

Afterwards, he edited...

In parts of Europe...it has been delayed till the 28th due to the volcanic ashclouds, at least confirmed in Sweden and Denmark anyways:
http://gamestop.se/start.asp

On the plus side you can now buy RDR T-Shirts!
http://rockstarwarehouse.stores.yahoo.net/redderetee.html

JoeBoy101

speculawyer said:
Pachter: My bias is that a game that is set in the U.S. West will not be particularly appealing to European audiences, and a game where the most powerful weapon is a Gatling gun will not be particularly appealing to U.S. audiences.

The wrongheaded-ness of this statement astounds me. Hey, Pachtie, they're called 'spaghetti' westerns because their fucking ITALIAN. And that's just the tip of the international interest iceberg for westerns. Sweet Jesus, that guy is amazing in the bullshit that spews from his mouth sometimes.

Hanmik

Simo said:
In parts of Europe...it has been delayed till the 28th due to the volcanic ashclouds, at least confirmed in Sweden and Denmark anyways:

this realy pisses off... I live in the Faroe Islands.. very close to Island. And we have NOT heard anything about anymore Volcanic ashes. So why oh why have Rockstar heard something about a freaking ashcloud..? I demand a better explanation...

Blutonium

Pachter: My bias is that a game that is set in the U.S. West will not be particularly appealing to European audiences, and a game where the most powerful weapon is a Gatling gun will not be particularly appealing to U.S. audiences.

Well I'm Dutch and I can't wait to get my six-shooter on.

Goddayum I hate waiting.

KAOz

Short bus special
Simo said:

FUCK! Just saw the new date on Webhallen.se aswell. Seems like it might be kind of official. Just to cross the fingers and hope for the best.

That sucks so fucking much really.

Bru

Amneisac said:

Not only is it a pretty good movie, and a Western, it's one of the best Blu-Rays you can watch as far as audio and video fidelity are concerned.

For fellow GAFfers in the UK.

Channel 5 this Sunday evening (16th May).

Young Guns II = 18:55 - 21:00
3:10 to Yuma = 21:00 - 23:25

I expect to see RDR advertised heavily through both time slots :D

Hypno Funk

Wouldn't surprise me if the game is delayed an extra week one week before it's original release date. I've followed loads of R* games in the past and they are pretty much always delayed by an extra week or so for whatever reason, usually something to do with logistics. Personally though I think it's just R* squeezing the hype.

Lime

KAOz

Short bus special
From Rockstars Twitter:
@JotaErreOne Red Dead Redemption releases for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on May 18th in North America and May 21st in Europe and Australia
34 minutes ago via web

Wouldn't they say anything about any kind of delay, even if it's only for Nordic countries? And according to some people on another forum, the game is allready shipped here. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Dead Man

Damn. I know I said I would wait for some GAF feedback, but I will be buying this day 1, who am I kidding? This is the last time though, R*, you hear that? If you break my heart again you will be off the day 1 list, and onto the pay no mind list.

Spookie

No one else is having any trouble getting their games on shelves. Skate 3 is on it's way to me. Why should be this any different? Worried about a early leak? Not to speculate, but fuck the inevitable.

I'm luke warm about this as it is. :/

Hanmik

I also remember that gamestop had some delayed games back in April because of the Volcanic ashes, but all other stores sold the games.. so maybe it´s just Gamestop in these countries that are going by the "better safe than sorry" method..

Hanmik

on this site:

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-rdr-delayed-in-sweden-and-denmark-europe

people are trying to find out what is going on with the delay...

and all gamestop shop in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland, has the New relase date of 28th. may on the frontpage..

Someone called gamestop in Denmark and demanded his money back because of the delay. The guy at Gamestop told him "But is i delayed all over Europe".. I really hope that just was an ignorant clerk..

Denzar

Hanmik said:
on this site:

http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread-rdr-delayed-in-sweden-and-denmark-europe

people are trying to find out what is going on with the delay...

and all gamestop shop in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland, has the New relase date of 28th. may on the frontpage..

Someone called gamestop in Denmark and demanded his money back because of the delay. The guy at Gamestop told him "But is i delayed all over Europe".. I really hope that just was an ignorant clerk..
FUCK

Hmm, maybe I can finish my paper in that week...

Bizzyb

Banned
Can anyone put together a comprehensive map of the entire world? How does "The North" fit with the other released Maps?

Bizzyb said:
Can anyone put together a comprehensive map of the entire world? How does "The North" fit with the other released Maps?

This was posted after the WE region leaked yesterday:

iq9el2.jpg

As for the volcano, you guys can check this thread for updates. There's been an earthquake swarm happening(which are usually signs that more eruptions are coming) so this could a contingency plan for R* in-case it does blow.

CozMick

Banned
Ok, I'm confused thanks to you people.

Has it been delayed or not?

And if so, which areas of the world is it delayed?

feel

Goldrusher said:
http://media.rockstargames.com/products/rockstar/screenshot%20gallery/reddeadredemption/we/1280/18.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://media.rockstargames.com/products/rockstar/screenshot%20gallery/reddeadredemption/we/1280/15.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://media.rockstargames.com/products/rockstar/screenshot%20gallery/reddeadredemption/we/1280/11.jpg[IMG]

Sweet.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/23wuyhz.jpg
So perfect.

Top Bottom