• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Jtones

Banned
Death Dealer said:
I'm on hold to ask a question, what should I ask ?

Well, I don't know if they will let you ask another question about the difference between the ps3 and 360 version (framerate wise). Maybe you can camouflage your question or something. :lol People here really want clarity about it, and the answer that they got previously isn't enough I guess.

Denzar

Jtones said:
Well, I don't know if they will let you ask another question about the difference between the ps3 and 360 version (framerate wise). Maybe you can camouflage your question or something. :lol People here really want clarity about it, and the answer that they got previously isn't enough I guess.
I think they just asked that... :D

A guy tried at least...

Jtones said:

I messed up. They put me on 10 seconds after I wrote that post and my mind was blank. I wasted my question on the size of the mountain territory. They confirmed it was smaller but it's denser and harder to traverse. Probably packed full of bears too.

They don't seem busy, anyone reading this thread that can make a cheap or free call should try and reach them. I got a hold of the screener on the second try.

Jtones

Banned
Death Dealer said:
I messed up. They put me on 10 seconds after I wrote that post and my mind was blank. I wasted my question on the size of the mountain territory. They confirmed it was smaller but it's denser and harder to traverse. Probably packed full of bears too.

They don't seem busy, anyone reading this thread that can make a cheap or free call should try and reach them. I got a hold of the screener on the second try.

Too bad man. Yea there are enough guys living in the US here, I'm sure some of them like RDR :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jtones said:
They answered it. The guy said that they had two different teams working on them, but they're exactly the same games.

This is not the same as saying that there aren't performance differences between the games. I'm sorry, but when a company is so mum on the subject, there will be performance issues. I thought we all learned this. Especially PS3 owners.

Mollymauk

Seanspeed said:
Meh. I wouldn't say they hold up well at all.

If you haven't already seen them, or aren't already a fan of westerns, I'm not sure that they'll be that appealing.
t62rnb.jpg

owlbeak

I'll take the "no comment" on ability to play poker online as a no. :( Why can't we play the minigames online, dammit!

englishbob

Neo Member
Jtones said:
They answered it. The guy said that they had two different teams working on them, but they're exactly the same games.

Lost in translation! Yes they are the same games, that is true. Doesn't mean they "run" the same though does it.

Jtones

Banned
Horsebite said:
I'll take the "no comment" on ability to play poker online as a no. :( Why can't we play the minigames online, dammit!

Well, usually I take the "no comment" as a yes. Don't jinx it goddamnit!

Owzers

I'm leaning towards cancelling my ps3 pre-order. Rockstar seems to be hiding the game and whenever a developer does this, it USUALLY means they want to avoid comparison.

God, how hilarious would it be to break up a 4 player poker game by busting through the saloon doors, and shooting everything, or ramming a horse through the table :lol WE NEED THE MINI GAMES IN FREE ROAM

54-46!

You know, I was really pumped for this game.. but after all of those viral threads on /v/, not so much, not at all.

Dresden

54-46! said:
You know, I was really pumped for this game.. but after all of those viral threads on /v/, not so much, not at all.
Your fault for going to 4chan, bro. That's like having sex with a hooker then complaining about the herpes afterwards.

Plissken

I only caught the last 2-3 minutes of the interview, did anyone ask about the possibility of a PC version? I've already got my 360 copy pre-ordered, but I would totally double dip for a PC version later down the road.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't usually say this as I game mostly on my PS3 with my 360 being my Super Street Fighter 4 machine...but if you have the choice between the consoles and you care about performance differences, just go 360 on this one. By not answering the question directly, Rockstar just told us which version will run better. History repeats itself.

If you don't have the option, don't sweat it because it's an issue you'd accepted dealing with when it comes to 3rd parties.

I wish a proper PC version was coming out day and date...oh well. =/

I think I'll trade in a couple of games for this one.

Jtones

Banned
Plissken said:
I only caught the last 2-3 minutes of the interview, did anyone ask about the possibility of a PC version? I've already got my 360 copy pre-ordered, but I would totally double dip for a PC version later down the road.

Yes someone asked. They said that at the moment they have "no plans" for it.

Yall are reading to much into it guys. They didn't dodge the question. They said that two different teams worked on it and it was the same game.

GreekWolf

Yes, because we all know the PS3 version will be Ghostbusters all over again.

Can't believe people are still biting fingernails over this nonsense. This is Rockstar games, not Terminal Reality. GTA looked and performed great on both platforms (and yes, I owned both versions). Stop the blood clot crying.

GreekWolf said:

Can't believe people are still biting fingernails over this nonsense. This is Rockstar games, not Terminal Reality. GTA looked and performed great on both platforms (and yes, I owned both versions). Stop the blood clot crying.
Yeah, I must say that even though I couldn't do a side by side, I have played GTA IV on both and couldn't personally notice much.

Ok, just reading the Game Informer review and they gave it a 9.75/10 and combine that with the $20 gift card and special weapons from Amazon... I'm going to bite.

As for which version for me... it doesn't matter. I'm an achievement whore and the 360 has a bigger online community so it's a given for me even if the PS3 was the slightly better version.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
GreekWolf said:

If only it were that simple. As an owner of all the consoles, it's pretty much fact at this point that PS3 multi-platform games aren't ever identical to it's 360 counterpart.

I saw the commercial last night and the frame rate was really, really smooth. I just assumed it was the as yet to be announced PC version they used to shoot the ad.

cjtiger300 said:
not if they have a deal with Microsoft to only show footage of the 360 version. That sounds like something Microsoft would do.

It does, remeber ff13 i dont think they even had an ad for it in the uk saying it was even on ps3.:lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
cjtiger300 said:
not if they have a deal with Microsoft to only show footage of the 360 version. That sounds like something Microsoft would do.
nskinnear said that in the hype thread. No one is that rational.

Of course the developers are gonna say they're identical, but sadly that's almost never the case.

Hopefully some guys get their hands on the game early so we can get a proper comparison, really jonesing for that Amazon gift card.

I was tempted to take Wednesday off, to roll from Tuesday night into all of Wednesday playing, but...

14mbe53.jpg

Stay with me here...

Taking THURSDAY AND FRIDAY off instead. F'ing genius.

Top Bottom