• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Think of it this way. It was surprising and amusing enough to you that you just had to post here to tell us about it. Now put yourself in someone else's place. Do you think they might have wanted to feel the same surprise you felt?
too bad, is every person in here going to spoiler every thing they do starting tonight because it's all an experience and some people won't get the game for a few days? of course not that would be silly. If what he said (non story, non mission) is too much I think you should bail until you have it.

edit: below me, seriously? what do you expect. Europe won't get it for days, we can't spoiler tag everything until everyone had the game.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Think of it this way. It was surprising and amusing enough to you that you just had to post here to tell us about it. Now put yourself in someone else's place. Do you think they might have wanted to feel the same surprise you felt?

well said.

BobTheFork said:
too bad, is every person in here going to spoiler every thing they do starting tonight because it's all an experience and some people won't get the game for a few days? of course not that would be silly. If what he said (non story, non mission) is too much I think you should bail until you have it.

They should when its part of the story. It's, you know, a spoiler?

DeadGzuz said:
You don't think if someone took $$ for a positive review that is not the definition of being intellectually dishonest? I think reviews (food, books, movies, etc.) are all subject to reviewers selling out and being intellectually dishonest.

I didn't know it was a fact IGN took money for reviews. R* must have greased a lot of peoples pockets for GTAIV since it was highly reviewed everywhere.

C Jones

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Very well put. Guess it's time to avoid this thread until I put a decent amount of hours in.

newsguy

LovingSteam said:
It has 0 to do with story. My apologies for not spoiler tagging it. I realize we've reached Rabid Anticipation Status ™ and nothing is safe in here.

calder

AARRRGGGHHH I had no idea this was going to be good until the hype train ran me over last week. I'm on call so getting it tomorrow would be dumb... but friday after work I'm all over this. :D

Mik2121 said:
Yeah, just noticed that. Is there usually a lot of people in that chat?

If so, then just invite me and I'll invite all the people I already invited to the other chat :lol :lol

Usually a decent amount! The Uncharted 2 GAF MP group is pretty big, and those are the main people who are there. Send me a Friend Request and I will add you when I get home from getting the game at midnight.

newsguy said:
It has 0 to do with story. My apologies for not spoiler tagging it. I realize we've reached Rabid Anticipation Status ™ and nothing is safe in here.
Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. Honestly, we've had people posting things like "you can shoot your own horse while riding" all day and that's as much of a a spoiler as what you said.

TTG

So, how does a GAF online game get together usually? I'm up for some games for tomorrow night, unless I get completely entrenched into the single player. I'm on the spreadsheet for the ps3 version, btw. Is there going to be a thread in the online section?

newsguy said:

Sorry dude, but the random encounters are pretty important in my book. When the situation you described happens, it will not be a surprise. Just like the
Cannibals
thing that got spoiled yesterday.

d0c_zaius

LovingSteam said:

this actually doesnt cover everything. MP focused games can have spoilers, such as a hidden character, etc.

Revealing previously unknown game content is a spoiler.

That being said reading this topic today has really gave me a headache.

BobTheFork said:
Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. Honestly, we've had people posting things like "you can shoot your own horse while riding" all day and that's as much of a a spoiler as what you said.

That person got called out on that as I recall.

sflufan

Banned
Technosteve said:
when is eurogamer's review going up? I'm on the fence Alan Wake or this game or this game then alan wake. damn you toys r us gift cards

It went up hours ago!

They gave it an 8.0, but the narrative of the review is positively glowing.

again, if that's a spoiler, you should go on blackout. People are going to be picking the game up en masse in less than two hours and there isn't any impression of the game and things happening that's going to be MORE vague than that.

Teknoman

kaskade said:
The gametrailers review was pretty awesome. The physics seem amazing as they were in GTA.

Also, I just read about the dastardly achievement.:lol :lol

I had no idea dead eye could work from that far.

Technosteve said:
when is eurogamer's review going up? I'm on the fence Alan Wake or this game or this game then alan wake. damn you toys r us gift cards
Get RDR now so you can play while it has a big community. Alan Wake is single player so that can wait.

Yeah, I'm tempted to go to TRU to pick it up with a $25 gift card . . . but then I'll end up with 2 copies. :lol

BobTheFork said:
again, if that's a spoiler, you should go on blackout. People are going to be picking the game up en masse in less than two hours and there isn't any impression of the game and things happening that's going to be MORE vague than that.

I will be leaving to get it in few minutes, so it will be a minute before I come back to this thread!

Teknoman

cjtiger300 said:
Usually a decent amount! The Uncharted 2 GAF MP group is pretty big, and those are the main people who are there. Send me a Friend Request and I will add you when I get home from getting the game at midnight.

Ah so there was a main RDR chat before.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
BobTheFork said:

edit: below me, seriously? what do you expect. Europe won't get it for days, we can't spoiler tag everything until everyone had the game.

Personally, I don't care that I read his post, I'm just trying to help explain why other people are complaining.

As for your point, there are plenty of ways to talk about one's experiences with a game without going into specific narrative occurrences. Obviously, the most sensitive people should avoid the thread, but people posting can also stop for one second to think about whether what they're about to say is worth the possible detriment to others' experiences.

cjtiger300 said:
Sorry dude, but the random encounters are pretty important in my book. When the situation you described happens, it will not be a surprise. Just like the
Cannibals
thing that got spoiled yesterday.

I could of swore I read the same exact thing in a RDR preview. Honestly, the guy spoiled nothing for anyone, Jesus, the overreactions..

d0c_zaius

BobTheFork said:

granted people take risks checking stuff out, just like people should really shut up about game content until the release date at least, but enough with the spoiler defense force already.

Vizionblind said:
this isn't WOW...

and wtf does naming a horse have to do with WoW?:lol

edit: oh wait thats message board wit....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Haha put it on one of those streams just in time, the dude just unlocked an achievement:

Put a girl on the train tracks and had her run over.
:lol :lol

cjtiger300 said:
I will be leaving to get it in few minutes, so it will be a minute before I come back to this thread!
Hey CJ why don't I see you on my friends list? I know you used to be there?

d0c_zaius said:
enough with the spoiler defense force already.
IT wasn't a spoiler. small point, if we can't post THAT, we can't post anything at all for days.

Overlee

Does anyone know what the packaging looks like for the Gamestop version? Is the slip case the only difference? My Amazon version isn't coming till Friday and I wanted to pick it up from Gamestop tonight and then return my Amazon copy to them when it arrives.

soldat7

BobTheFork said:

That's the genius of the [ spoiler ] tag. Everybody wins.

d0c_zaius

BobTheFork said:
Hey CJ why don't I see you on my friends list? I know you used to be there?

IT wasn't a spoiler. small point, if we can't post THAT, we can't post anything at all for days.

wow man you are stubborn and a selective reader. I said RELEASE DATE at the bare minimum of respect for others. If you dont get that then whatev.

You dont get to determine what a spoiler is(unless I missed your mod tag), be it story related or not. So any UNKNOWN GAME CONTENT could = spoiler. People were freaking out when Uncharted 2 came out and someone posted that Genghis Khan was a playable character. Do I consider that a spoiler? No, its not apart of the story. Is it hard to use a spoiler tag out of respect for people wanting to experience unique things for themselves? Nope.

Teknoman

d0c_zaius said:
wow man you are stubborn and a selective reader. I said RELEASE DATE at the bare minimum of respect for others. If you dont get that then whatev.

You dont get to determine what a spoiler is(unless I missed your mod tag), be it story related or not. So any UNKNOWN GAME CONTENT could = spoiler. People were freaking out when Uncharted 2 came out and someone posted that Genghis Khan was a playable character. Do I consider that a spoiler? No, its not apart of the story. Is it hard to use a spoiler tag out of respect for people wanting to experience unique things for themselves? Nope.

34dlmk4.gif

When in doubt, just spoiler tag it.

Rhino

T-minus 2 hours 10 minutes till GAF posse lift off.

Prepare lassos.

Brush horses.

Polish rifles.

Twirl revolvers.

Tip hats.

Chew tabacco.

Let's do this PosseGAF.....
mq2mj.gif

Teknoman

I guess standard course for tonight will be play single player for awhile, then jump into multiplayer before hitting the hay.

Though i'm going to have to punch someone in the eye if gamespy messes up the PS3 online experience.

Socreges

Banned
so how is this GAF posse going to work? 8 people max can form a posse, yet there are dozens of people in it. so whats the plan?

Top Bottom