• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

d0c_zaius said:
wow man you are stubborn and a selective reader. I said RELEASE DATE at the bare minimum of respect for others. If you dont get that then whatev.

You dont get to determine what a spoiler is(unless I missed your mod tag), be it story related or not. So any UNKNOWN GAME CONTENT could = spoiler. People were freaking out when Uncharted 2 came out and someone posted that Genghis Khan was a playable character. Do I consider that a spoiler? No, its not apart of the story. Is it hard to use a spoiler tag out of respect for people wanting to experience unique things for themselves? Nope.
IT's a hour from release date, if you think that was a spoiler you shouldn't be here anymore because you are asking to get spoiled. Hey guess what, the placement of menu items is now a spoiler too :p It's not about respect or hard to use, it's not fair to complain about being spoiled at this point if you don't at least try to take some precaution yourself.

edit: and YES I am unimaginably stubborn, it seems to run in my family.

Teknoman

Socreges said:
so how is this GAF posse going to work? 8 people max can form a posse, yet there are dozens of people in it. so whats the plan?

I guess like other GAF games, either invite all 15 people to one game where we each form our own posse...or one person invites 7 others and then they take on free roam/ some random other group.

Volcynika

I wasn't able to choose release date delivery when I preordered the PS3 version at Amazon, but it's looking a lot like I'll get it tomorrow :D (Even though the estimate says the 21st, its already one state away!)

d0c_zaius

BobTheFork said:
IT's a hour from release date, if you think that was a spoiler you shouldn't be here anymore because you are asking to get spoiled. Hey guess what, the placement of menu items is now a spoiler too :p It's not about respect or hard to use, it's not fair to complain about being spoiled at this point if you don't at least try to take some precaution yourself.

edit: and YES I am unimaginably stubborn, it seems to run in my family.

aka didnt even see the point I was trying to make blah blah blah nevermind

edit: wait you did get my point, when someone else made it. wtf debate comprehension....

soldat7 said:
That's the genius of the [ spoiler ] tag. Everybody wins.
You know what, fair enough. I should never have commented on whether that was a spoiler, because that's subjective and it wasn't my point. He would have never known to spoiler that before people went off on him and I don't think that's fair. Also if people think that is a spoiler then they need to bail because in....47 the thread will be tons of those comments and you can't expect them to be spoiler tagged. It is the release date IMO, people have been picking this up early all day and you can't expect them all to sit on every detail.

Lets forget about it with a big ol' dip and some whores!

d0c_zaius said:
aka didnt even see the point I was trying to make blah blah blah nevermind
not I get it, but the people who get this game are under no obligation to tiptoe around for you. You're not stupid, you know what's up and what time it is. Two hours before the release is not an inappropriate time for a comments like that.

Well I wasn't arguing with soldat at the time so it's easier to agree with him than you :D

Dizzle24

So ive played for about an hour.(PS3) So far so good. Graphics are bright, crisp and everything looks really nice. I linked my rockstar social club account with my PSN id (automatic, once you sign in PSN and select Social Club from the pause menu. It unlocks a "Gentleman's outfit" but i cant figure out how to wear it, even though it tells me i can access it after i save at a safe house...which i have. Also on the box was a sticker for an exclusive outfit and hideout, but there is no info in the manual, or insert, or in game that tells me how to get it! :lol
Anyway, controls are good, graphics and voice acting are great. Can't wait to be lost in the wild west!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
At this time, in this year 2010, in thine next hour, I shall have Red Dead. I will now proceed to the lavatories to polish my physique then proceed to the local boutique. AT THAT TIME, I shall bare the burden of said game. I make my time.

Mayyhem said:
WTF @ No best-buys in Toronto having midnight launches. Oh well, gotta get up early and head over there when it opens

I got mine at Gamestop but my brother in law has reward points and said the same thing about Utah.. not a single Bestbuy in utah is doing a midnight launch for Red Dead.

Mayyhem

JetBlackPanda said:
I got mine at Gamestop but my brother in law has reward points and said the same thing about Utah.. not a single Bestbuy in utah is doing a midnight launch for Red Dead.
Interesting. Yeah, I think they do it if the branch gets a certain number of pre-orders for the game.

Aesius

I'm really curious as to whether this game will have a midnight crowd at my local Gamestop.

GTA4 had a pretty decent line, but then again - this probably won't be as big of a release, right?

Socreges

Banned
Teknoman said:
I guess like other GAF games, either invite all 15 people to one game where we each form our own posse...or one person invites 7 others and then they take on free roam/ some random other group.
Ahhh so everyone is going to add everyone else as a friend?? I guess that would have to be the case, and would then make things a lot easier.

Is it possible to separate online friends into different categories? e.g. a RDR group? I know this question seems pretty stupid, but I'm admittedly very ignorant when it comes to Xbox Live (and PS3 Online).

Aesius said:
I'm really curious as to whether this game will have a midnight crowd at my local Gamestop.

GTA4 had a pretty decent line, but then again - this probably won't be as big of a release, right?
well, at least at my local GS, it's never crowded anymore. They used to make people wait outside in line and you had to be there early and stay the whole time to get out of there. Now, they give out line numbers so you can just show up early then hit the bar and wait. They had 100+ copies of FF13 to give out but there were never more than a dozen people standing there until the last minute and when people showed up again I was already gone.

rasberryjam said:
Is installing it actually worth it, though? I remember reading in this thread that it didn't do much to reduce noise.
It more than likely is worth it for any reduction in pop-in and loading time. The sound issue depends entirely on your system since the experience seems to vary on same models of X360 units. Doesn't hurt to try and see, obviously, as it's only ten or less minutes to install a game disc.

Varshes

rasberryjam said:
Is installing it actually worth it, though? I remember reading in this thread that it didn't do much to reduce noise.

Noise reduction is not specific to this game, I mean, the disc isn't spinning in the drive and that would automatically make it quieter with any game. I think this is more for faster load times. Does it make a big difference in the case of RDR? Not sure yet.

PEZIX

Banned
HOLY MOTHER OF HE MAN FUCKIN AA!!!!

THIS GAME WILL MAKE YOU ROB CAB DRIVERS IT SO FUCKING EPPPIIICCC!!!

JOHNY LIL BITCH WAYNE AND PUSSY CLINT EASTHOLE AINT GOT SHIT ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO EXCITED I WANT TO PUNT KICK A BABY DUCKLING....

peace

PEZIX said:

JOHNY LIL BITCH WAYNE AND PUSSY CLINT EASTHOLE AINT GOT SHIT ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace
What in the fuck haha. I wish I was that drunk. 3 hours and counting here in AZ!!

iMike76

Banned
PEZIX said:

peace
God you make us juniors look bad.

schennmu said:
Quoting myself from the other thread, because we still have no solid proof that goes any further it seems. And no, random impressions from reviewers do not count! :lol
dude not offense but if it's all still baseless and they made another thread to keep the comparisons out of here, why post it?

Also, are streams still getting killed?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
midnite sale ho!

Man, i underestimated the turnout big time.

Flib

Lol at this thread. The game is absolutely phenomenal and addicting as hell. Wasn't sure about the horse controls at first, but I love them now.

And this sub-HD crap needs to stop. This is absolutely one of the most stunning games I've ever seen, still constantly stopping and gawking at the environment.

BobTheFork said:
dude not offense but if it's all still baseless and they made another thread to keep the comparisons out of here, why post it?

Also, are streams still getting killed?

Yeah, this was meant for the other thread, sorry

Hmm I planned to get this for 360 but if the online is as good as it sounds I might have to get the PS3 version since I decided to stop paying for live after getting a PC.

schennmu said:
Yeah, this was meant for the other thread, sorry
np. it just seemed odd.

I have no idea when UPS will come by my house. hopefully much sooner that the mail does. Hell, I'm in Colorado, I could run to Phoenix from here.

Top Bottom