• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Odrion

Banned
Playing a buttload of GTA4 in anticipation. Collecting a bunch of achievements I neglected and going through the episodes.

I understand some of the backlash, but the hate for this game is really hyperbolic.

The_Reckoning said:
What in the fuck haha. I wish I was that drunk. 3 hours and counting here in AZ!!

What store in AZ? I might go to one in Gilbert (Gilbert rd and Germann). Might, see if I get tired pretty soon. :lol

BenjaminBirdie said:
NICE!!

My local GameStop had the playing cards AND a sweetass t-shirt!!

I RULE!!!!

FML!

I was going to attend the midnight release at my Gamestop but decided against it...

that's some sweet swag!

unomas

Banned
Decided to pre-order from Amazon about an hour ago after this thread got me all jacked up. I guess I'll be pushing GOW 3 back until I can get wrapped up in Red Dead Redemption, the $20 gift card from Amazon was also a nice incentive.

zero margin said:
What store in AZ? I might go to one in Gilbert (Gilbert rd and Germann). Might, see if I get tired pretty soon. :lol
I used to live pretty close to that one. I'm further east now. Going to the greenfield and baseline store. First ever gamestop midnight launch for me.

The_Reckoning said:
I used to live pretty close to that one. I'm further east now. Going to the greenfield and baseline store. First ever gamestop midnight launch for me.

Oh cool, that's not far at all, nice there is like 20 gamestops around us. :lol Yeah this would be my first time as well, might leave around 10, gonna trade some shit.

DMeisterJ

Banned
My GS did not have any cards or anything. :sadface:

About to pop this bitch in after I scarf down some Taco Bell, and install it.

Will update with impressions on AA, etc, when I start playing.

Tek

quite a few people at my local gamestop. There was a guy right in front of me that had the wrong receipt and no drivers license so he had to go home...I wonder if he made it back in time, but they were moving through the line pretty fast...so I dunno

Sucks the soundtrack is not a separate cd...

poor Alan Wake is going to get dusty for awhile.

DMeisterJ said:
My GS did not have any cards or anything. :sadface:

About to pop this bitch in after I scarf down some Taco Bell, and install it.

Will update with impressions on AA, etc, when I start playing.

what did you get at Taco Bell?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Coin Return said:
If you're talking about the Deadly Assassin outfit, the card with the code is behind both the fold-out map and manual.

No, the playing cards some had for pre-ordering or just some swag that some GS's were giving away.

DMPrince said:
what did you get at Taco Bell?

6 Taco surpremes. Only 2 for me though.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
DMeisterJ said:
No, the playing cards some had for pre-ordering or just some swag that some GS's were giving away.
Ah, yeah, I saw those too. My GS didn't have any :(

Edit: should have gotten a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, bro.

just got back from GS, line was long as hell waited about 20 min. They ran out of the playing cards:( but i got stickers and a poster.

game installed really quick

Dance In My Blood said:
No worse than any of the other videos out there.

I went ahead and watched it, I had to skip it twice because I believe they showed parts of the ending when they mentioned it.

Whoever is reading this and works for GT, go tell whoever does the editing of the footage for game reviews to fuck himself and ask them if they hate life or something that they need to spoil everything for everyone else, if you don't do that, hit yourself in the head with a fucking shoe.

Seriously you fucks, WTF is wrong with you spoiling the damn games in every fucking review? If I was publisher I would stop sending you fucks review copies as you seem to ruin the game for your viewers and potential customers by showing the best parts of the game which I think could hinder sales, especially in story oriented games.

Gametrailers, go fuck yourself, the last time I am going to visit that fucking site.
I been meaning to do this, I guess I had to wait until they reviewed a game I was hyped about.

Rapping Granny said:
How spoilerific is the GT review?

After personally bashing some of their recent reviews, it seems like they got their act together. No spoilers and it's a rather unbiased, well put together review

Bravo GT

Klocker

Rapping Granny said:
I went ahead and watched it, I had to skip it twice because I believe they showed parts of the ending and they mentioned it.

Whoever is reading this and works for GT, go tell whoever does the editing of the footage for game reviews to fuck himself and ask them if they hate life or something that they need to spoil everything for everyone else, if you don't do that hit yourself in the head with a fucking shoe.

Seriously you fucks, WTF is wrong with you spoiling the damn games in every fucking review? If I was publisher I would stop sending you fucks review copies as you seem to ruin the game for your viewers and potential customers by showing the best parts if the game which I think could hinder sales, especially in story oriented games.

Gametrailers, go fuck yourself, the last time I am going to visit that fucking site.

didn't watch it but if true, that's bullshit... at least post a spoiler warning and give you minute to mute or skip or whatnot. geez

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Rapping Granny said:
I went ahead and watched it, I had to skip it twice because I believe they showed parts of the ending and they mentioned it.

Whoever is reading this and works for GT, go tell whoever does the editing of the footage for game reviews to fuck himself and ask them if they hate life or something that they need to spoil everything for everyone else, if you don't do that hit yourself in the head with a fucking shoe.

Seriously you fucks, WTF is wrong with you spoiling the damn games in every fucking review? If I was publisher I would stop sending you fucks review copies as you seem to ruin the game for your viewers and potential customers by showing the best parts if the game which I think could hinder sales, especially in story oriented games.

This post needs more fuck.

Dresden

I haven't done Midnight releases since Burning Crusade, should I go wait in line for this? It's about an hour till the clock strikes 12 for me.

Downhome

I just got the game at GameStop (Clemson, SC - anyone else from here there?), and tons of people were there for my location, at least 35-50 people right at midnight. Here are some pictures of the case - they said the soundtrack should have been in the case, it's not, and the code only unlocked the Deadly Assassin outfit and challenges. I called, they said to check back tomorrow and they would look into it for me:

2rz27bb.jpg

6tenfl.jpg

ou9mo7.jpg

Johningame

Neo Member
Downhome said:
I just got the game at GameStop, and tons of people were there for my location, at least 35-50 people right at midnight. Here are some pictures of the case - they said the soundtrack should have been in the case, it's not, and the code only unlocked the Deadly Assassin outfit and challenges. I called, they said to check back tomorrow and they would look into it for me:

2rz27bb.jpg

6tenfl.jpg

ou9mo7.jpg

Nice! Now that's how you do a case sleeve!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Rapping Granny said:
I went ahead and watched it, I had to skip it twice because I believe they showed parts of the ending when they mentioned it.

Whoever is reading this and works for GT, go tell whoever does the editing of the footage for game reviews to fuck himself and ask them if they hate life or something that they need to spoil everything for everyone else, if you don't do that, hit yourself in the head with a fucking shoe.

Seriously you fucks, WTF is wrong with you spoiling the damn games in every fucking review? If I was publisher I would stop sending you fucks review copies as you seem to ruin the game for your viewers and potential customers by showing the best parts of the game which I think could hinder sales, especially in story oriented games.

I been meaning to do this, I guess I had to wait until they reviewed a game I was hyped about.
seemed fine to me

Downhome said:
I just got the game at GameStop (Clemson, SC - anyone else from here there?), and tons of people were there for my location, at least 35-50 people right at midnight. Here are some pictures of the case - they said the soundtrack should have been in the case, it's not, and the code only unlocked the Deadly Assassin outfit and challenges. I called, they said to check back tomorrow and they would look into it for me:

2rz27bb.jpg

6tenfl.jpg

ou9mo7.jpg

You didn't get a soundtrack? That sucks.

Top Bottom