• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Teknoman

Mik2121 said:
I was so bored I just created the RDR GAF XMB CHAT.

If you wanna get in, add me - Mik2121 or add someone that's already on the chat so he gets you there.

Finally someone stepped up :lol

I'm in too, so I guess I can invite people if needed. Going to be working the midnight launch, so i'll be playing tonight.

JoeBoy101

Cerberus said:

2:00 Minutes in!!! PonchoPonchoPoncho!!!

celebrity-pictures-clint-eastwood-macho-poncho.jpg

Fucking sold to the goddamn heavens now!!!

kaskade

The gametrailers review was pretty awesome. The physics seem amazing as they were in GTA.

Also, I just read about the dastardly achievement.:lol :lol

scoobs said:
I noticed they gave the story an 8.1.... thats a bummer i was hoping for a great one
Well some other review have mentioned the the story have some major slow points, although AT says it's at the beginning and other places say its in the middle. Honestly I was never expecting more than a revenge tale.t

KaYotiX

Banned
I got RDR, Split/second and Alan Wake coming tomorrow....im gonna be in gamer bliss for the next week (then its Mario Galaxy 2) Game induced coma inc!! :D

look, I'm as excited about RDR as the next guy and I can't wait to play it, but we can't let the review sites get us hyped up. most of these sites are incapable of being intellectually honest when it comes to this type of game from a company like rock star. IGN gave GTA4 a 10. I have to remain skeptical and not listen to the reviews and just see for myself or else I could sour the experience.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
scoobs said:
I noticed they gave the story an 8.1.... thats a bummer i was hoping for a great one
I can't say I'm surprised. GTA games have never had fantastic stories. I play these games mostly for the atmosphere and the world.

HorribleJames said:
look, I'm as excited about RDR as the next guy and I can't wait to play it, but we can't let the review sites get us hyped up. most of these sites are incapable of being intellectually honest when it comes to this type of game from a company like rock star. IGN gave GTA4 a 10. I have to remain skeptical and not listen to the reviews and just see for myself or else I could sour the experience.

Why does the hype have to be review based?

I've been hyped for the game because of its subject, content, and confirmed execution. Reviews just give me more details on those factors.

Square Triangle said:
Anyone think picking up the strategy guide would be a good idea? Wish I kinda had for GTAIV.
by the time you find everything you can find on your own, all the information will be online for free.

FrankT

HorribleJames said:

I think just watching the feeds this week has me more hyped than anything really. Proof is in the pudding. And pudding is what's for dinner tonight.

BobTheFork said:
Well some other review have mentioned the the story have some major slow points, although AT says it's at the beginning and other places say its in the middle. Honestly I was never expecting more than a revenge tale.t

I think the main docking point seems to be the disconnect if you play the game more evil.

KaYotiX

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I think the main docking point seems to be the disconnect if you play the game more evil.

yeah thats what all the reviews are saying but i never play evil anyways in games. (i just cant LOL)

UrbanRats

Square Triangle said:
Anyone think picking up the strategy guide would be a good idea? Wish I kinda had for GTAIV.
I found the GTA4 one (from Bradygames) disappointing.
Also with the Internet they are pretty useless.

HorribleJames said:

How can an opinion be intellectually dishonest? Reviews are not a quantifiable number they are one persons perspective on a product.

Mik2121 said:
Enjoy the game :__)

Btw if you wanna join the GAF RDR chat on the XMB, add me. My ID is Mik2121. I'll be adding more people (and that more people be adding even more!) so hopefully we get a bunch in there by this time tomorrow.

Also, I wonder what's the limit of users on a single chat..? I've never seen more than 15 or so, but I doubt that's the limit (it would be horrible :p).

Yeef already made one last week.

newsguy said:
OMG. I spent like 5 minutes rounding up and hogtying 2 guys for a lawman.
I bring them back, he thanks me, and shoots them both in the head
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously guys start fucking spoiler tagging your fucking post. Damn

Mik2121

cjtiger300 said:
Yeef already made one last week.
Yeah, just noticed that. Is there usually a lot of people in that chat?

If so, then just invite me and I'll invite all the people I already invited to the other chat :lol :lol

Hunter Gather said:
How can an opinion be intellectually dishonest? Reviews are not a quantifiable number they are one persons perspective on a product.

they're intellectually dishonest because there's pressure on them to give rockstar a great review.

GTA4 had some things going for it, but it was SOOOO full of flaws and even so much worse than san andreas in many ways. giving it a 10 as a publication that rarely issues 10s is downright laughable.

sorry didn't mean to derail the thread, but come on. of course they're intellectually dishonest.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Hunter Gather said:

You don't think if someone took $$ for a positive review that is not the definition of being intellectually dishonest? I think reviews (food, books, movies, etc.) are all subject to reviewers selling out and being intellectually dishonest.

newsguy

They're random encounters not proper missions. Anything goes there. Its not a spoiler because you may never encounter said mission and if u do the result may be totally different.

newsguy said:
They're random encounters not proper missions. Anything goes there. Its not a spoiler because you may never encounter said mission and if u do the result may be totally different.

You contradicted yourself there a bit. It is a spoiler, slight but the fact remains people now know that can happen.

Dynamic3

newsguy said:

There's still a finite number of things that can happen seeing as it's a videogame, and some people still wan't to uncover a few surprises, especially since every aspect of this game has been so hyped. It takes one second to tag something.

newsguy said:

It's a spoiler. Just use a spoiler tag and then everybody will be happy.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
newsguy said:

Think of it this way. It was surprising and amusing enough to you that you just had to post here to tell us about it. Now put yourself in someone else's place. Do you think they might have wanted to feel the same surprise you felt?

Top Bottom