• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Just so you guys know.. Rockstar Games/Take Two dislike any gameplay footage of their game being uploaded onto YouTube regardless of it being released in the US today.. or anywhere else for that matter.

Gameplay footage of the game on YouTube is not allowed, Period. If you have a gameplay video on your YouTube channel, Chances are, it will be deleted within hours..

Enjoy the game!

Hanmik

magicaltrevor said:
Can someone answer these questions about the PS3 version please?

- How is the voicechat quality in multiplayer?
- How does inviting/joining friends work? Is it like Modern Warfare 2, through cross-game PSN messages and the XMB's friendlist? Or is it done through a custom in-game menu?

Thanks!

I also want to know.. plz..?

enkeixpress said:
Just so you guys know.. Rockstar Games/Take Two dislike any gameplay footage of their game being uploaded onto YouTube regardless of it being released in the US today.. or anywhere else for that matter.

Gameplay footage of the game on YouTube is not allowed, Period. If you have a gameplay video on your YouTube channel, Chances are, it will be deleted within hours..

Take Two owns 2K, who publishes Bioshock 2. Nobody gave two shits about that footage on Youtube.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
godhandiscen said:
Holy crap!

Considering the scale, this is the most technically impressive console game I have ever played. I am trying really hard to nitpick things like jagged edges, slow loading textures or bad framerate, but everything is just perfect. This might be the most polished Rockstar game ever. It's simply stunning. The screenshots were not lying, the game looks that good. Incredible.

PS 3 or 360 ?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
enkeixpress said:

Enjoy the game!

Seriously do everyone a favor and stfu.

You uploaded gameplay footage yourself remember?

You are not a R* employee so stop acting like one.

enkeixpress said:

Enjoy the game!
Are you going to tell on us if we do?

Bastards !!

I still have two days of waiting ahead .

Questions :

Can you do a bare knuckle saloon fight without Marshall's entering and shooting up the place ?

How many men do you need to take down a Bear with just knives ?

:D

I just logged into my Amazon account and noticed a very generous $5 in credit toward any future mp3 purchase on the site. I'm guessing this is my bonus for pre-ordering Red Dead Redemption?

Lolligag

BanShunsaku said:
Someone earlier said it is choc full o spoilers, including some end game stuff
That guy and all of his "fucks" is a damn idiot.

I watched it and there wasn't any spoilers.

Are you telling me seeing the same characters from the trailers saying 1 line out of context is a spoiler? Ha. I have no idea what the story line is from that.

You see the scenery, some gun action and known characters say one liners. That shouldn't be anything new if you've watched all the teasers up till now.

eznark

Banned
enkeixpress said:

Enjoy the game!
Can I have your autograph?

derFeef

Whats up with that Youtube stuff? If it does one thing, then it is helping improve sales. I am undecided and want to see more stuff e.g.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Lolligag said:
That guy and all of his "fucks" is a damn idiot.

I watched it and there wasn't any spoilers.

Are you telling me seeing the same characters from the trailers saying 1 line out of context is a spoiler? Ha. I have no idea what the story line is from that.

You see the scenery, some gun action and known characters say one liners. That shouldn't be anything new if you've watched all the teasers up till now.

Yeah, I watched it without knowing much of anything about the story, aside from what was told in official videos. I didn't hear or see anything that made me feel spoiled. Though the review video itself was pretty shoddy. I don't remember them feeling so rushed..

One question please:

So, how's the main character, is he really this john wayne kind of character... a hero that looks to the horizon, even if what you usually do in the game is killing and pillaging?

eznark

Banned
Timekiller said:
One question please:

So, how's the main character, is he really this john wayne kind of character... a hero that looks to the horizon, even if what you usually do in the game is killing and pillaging?
Nothing I have seen at any point in time would suggest Marsten is anything like any John Wayne character. Unless you consider Ethan Edwards the standard John Wayne archetype, which would be moronic.

Seems a lot more like a Jed Cooper/The Stranger character in action.

Can you rob a train? Or are trains just like metro's in GTA, none playable? I would love to be able to ride a train through the west. And that boat you probably can't control that either right? How are the snakes in the game, and all the other wild animals how do they respond to your character and to their own surroundings? I have to wait until Friday or Saturday before I can get my copy. Since here in Europe as you all know it is not due until Friday.
Thanks

Lolligag

TheKingOfSheep said:
Can you rob a train? Or are trains just like metro's in GTA, none playable? I would love to be able to ride a train through the west.
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that nothing popped up, giving him an option to control the train, when he was running around the front.

Kimo

Neo Member
Damn I will have to wait till friday. Why don`t they do a worldwide release??

Can you derail a train?? Maybe in a mission.

Spookie

TheKingOfSheep said:
How are the snakes in the game, and all the other wild animals how do they respond to your character and to their own surroundings?

Most animals appear to have a set script. Attack and flee on low health, run away at the site of you or in the case of snakes sit idle and hiss.

Kimo said:
Can you derail a train?? Maybe in a mission.

I'm about 15 hours in and haven't done it yet.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Sn4ke_911 said:
Seriously do everyone a favor and stfu.

You uploaded gameplay footage yourself remember?

You are not a R* employee so stop acting like one.
Why is that Guy still here? Did he upload pics of him and Houser tounge kissin to prove he is R*, or is it a trolls will be trolls scenario?

Bish is this exnixpress character for realz ?

owlbeak

*foaming at the mouth*

Working from home today, but going at lunch time to pick up my copy. Did anyone confirm that they were giving out playing cards at the midnight launch at any place other than Best Buy? Or are they handing them out with all preorders, even at other stores like Gamestop.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Horsebite said:
*foaming at the mouth*

Working from home today, but going at lunch time to pick up my copy. Did anyone confirm that they were giving out playing cards at the midnight launch at any place other than Best Buy? Or are they handing them out with all preorders, even at other stores like Gamestop.
Pretty sure some gamestops were giving them at midnight launches, not sure if they are continuing to do so. The cards look very cool though.

owlbeak

RbBrdMan said:
Pretty sure some gamestops were giving them at midnight launches, not sure if they are continuing to do so. The cards look very cool though.
Thanks! I'll ask about it when I get to Gamestop.

soldat7

Synless said:
I got to see like 3 hours of gameplay, I'm certain that is enough regardless if you play it or not to make a pretty sound opinion.

[avatar quote here]

:lol

Did you cough up your friend's gamertag yet?

Anyways, RDR is an amazing game. I find myself just riding around staring at everything. It's BEAUTIFUL! :D

Volcynika

Blah. :(

Amazon said my copy started in PA, and then that evening said it made it late night to GA (I'm in AL). Now I check it.....and the whole part where it's in GA is not in the tracking status, but it's in VIRGINIA. :(

Meus Renaissance said:
When you anticipate a game so much, you don't even want to play anything else before that game :lol

Jesus don't I know it. I've got Alan Wake to play and it just doesn't feel that appealing :lol

*Goes back to watching Deadwood*

suplex

Well Amazon shipped my copy yesterday, and while I didn't get release date shipping or anything, it still oddly says it left Lexington, KY and I will not receive any tracking updates for three days. I've never seen that before and since I'm in IL I figure it shouldn't take three days to get here.

Gravijah

Is there an alternate way to get rid of bounties? Other than paying them off and using pardons. I thought I could do work to get rid of them?

Edit: Also the first 30 minutes into the game
I saw a deer running away. I go after it, and then all of a sudden my horse crumples to the ground. I run around trying to figure out what the hell was going on and then boom, a big ass mountain lion. Tore me apart.

DMeisterJ

Banned
magicaltrevor said:
Can someone answer these questions about the PS3 version please?

- How is the voicechat quality in multiplayer?
- How does inviting/joining friends work? Is it like Modern Warfare 2, through cross-game PSN messages and the XMB's friendlist? Or is it done through a custom in-game menu?

Thanks!

Voice chat is fine (hearing that is, I didn't use my mic last night)
Inviting works by going to the in-game menu (select in MP, then you press R1 to go to players, then you press triangle to bring up your friends list (in game), and then you can invite whomever.

mujun

Mik2121 said:
Let's hope so.. Otherwise I guess they'll get it tomorrow.. but it would be neat if they could send them today.. that way it would arrive Japan tonight and I would maybe receive it tomorrow evening (they would have to send it from Tokyo to Osaka, where I live).

Oh well.. I'm pressing F5 on the site all the time, so if I notice anything I'll let you know here :p

I figured you were f5ing, that's why the site takes so long to load for me :lol

I've been keeping an eye on your posts just in case they ship yours first. If they do I'm going to complain seeing as I'm a long time customer and ordered the game like a month ago :D

Mik2121

mujun said:
I figured you were f5ing, that's why the site takes so long to load for me :lol

I've been keeping an eye on your posts just in case they ship yours first. If they do I'm going to complain seeing as I'm a long time customer and ordered the game like a month ago :D
No luck at all... hopefully we get it sent to us tomorrow morning!! :O

MMaRsu

They already have the game in a bunch of BS stores here in The Netherlands, but they aren't allowed to sell it before the 21st. FUCKING BULLSHITTTTTTTTTT

Just give me the goddamn game you bastards

DMeisterJ said:
Voice chat is fine (hearing that is, I didn't use my mic last night)
Inviting works by going to the in-game menu (select in MP, then you press R1 to go to players, then you press triangle to bring up your friends list (in game), and then you can invite whomever.

Great! Thanks.

You mean it brings up the XMB's friendslist?

And accepting invites? Are they automated? Can you just select 'Join' in the PSN message?

DMeisterJ

Banned
magicaltrevor said:
Great! Thanks.

You mean it brings up the XMB's friendslist?

And accepting invites? Are they automated? Can you just select 'Join' in the PSN message?
It's not XMB, it's in the game. You accept an invite in the start menu.

Top Bottom