• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

depths20XX said:
Is there auto-lock in the multiplayer? If so that's pretty lame. At first I thought the multiplayer seemed pretty cool, in theory anyway. It kinda looks like it's just something you may mess with for a few days and then you're done with it. Single player still looks amazing though.
It's all in the OP, there are modes with and without auto aim

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
uraldix said:
non player character

Got it thanks!

Also, does anyone plan on doing the challenge later on today for the Rockstar social club? If so let me know I want to see if getting the bullets that turn people on fire is worth it. Does anyone know if those bullets that do this is limited or unlimited?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sorry for the delay but once I got into MP it was just fun wandering. Ended up doing a Gang Hideout co op mission. Regarding voice chat, it works as good as GTA4 (which I think is pretty good). What I mean is that in some games when you talk you can't overlap each other like in the voice chat through the system. GTA4 and now RDR are like this. You can have a proper chat (once you join a possee of course) and it sounds as good as you could hope for this kind of game.

PS3 using Gamespy has been no different if not better than GTA4. I went into 4 free roams and there was no lag then I played with a friend for the co op mission/messing around. They did a bang up job on the PS3 version. Rest assured on that.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Sorry for the delay but once I got into MP it was just fun wandering. Ended up doing a Gang Hideout co op mission. Regarding voice chat, it works as good as GTA4 (which I think is pretty good). What I mean is that in some games when you talk you can't overlap each other like in the voice chat through the system. GTA4 and now RDR are like this. You can have a proper chat (once you join a possee of course) and it sounds as good as you could hope for this kind of game.

PS3 using Gamespy has been no different if not better than GTA4. I went into 4 free roams and there was no lag then I played with a friend for the co op mission/messing around. They did a bang up job on the PS3 version. Rest assured on that.
wait co-op? Do you mean the free roam mode in a posse'?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, this is odd. So I e-mailed Rockstar last night about my soundtrack download that messed up. And this is what I get in return.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@rockstargames.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <support@rockstargames.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown (state 14).

How the hell did my e-mail bounce? WTF Rockstar? :lol

Synless

LiquidMetal14 said:

My entire block just lost power, that's why I left so abruptly. Ill be back on whenever they fix it.

MMaRsu

depths20XX said:
Is there auto-lock in the multiplayer? If so that's pretty lame. At first I thought the multiplayer seemed pretty cool, in theory anyway. It kinda looks like it's just something you may mess with for a few days and then you're done with it. Single player still looks amazing though.

There are normal/expert specific rooms where you do not have auto lock.

FrankT

Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, this is odd. So I e-mailed Rockstar last night about my soundtrack download that messed up. And this is what I get in return.

How the hell did my e-mail bounce? WTF Rockstar? :lol

That's messed up. Want's my soundtrack as well.

LCfiner

Funny. this game has gone from zero anticipation to "holy shit. i gotta play this" in the span of a couple days for me.

I'll be picking this bad boy up after work. I was looking for a nice sandbox game, too. it's been a while.

mileS said:
Got a free copy of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on Blu-ray when I picked up the game! Thank you Future Shop <3
holy crap really? That's the best bonus yet! I would have bought it on BluRay recently if the 'dollars' trilogy weren't coming to BR soon.

BobTheFork said:
Hey CJ why don't I see you on my friends list? I know you used to be there?

IT wasn't a spoiler. small point, if we can't post THAT, we can't post anything at all for days.

Yeah, weird. I just added you. I know you were on there at some point!

LiquidMetal14

Synless said:
My entire block just lost power, that's why I left so abruptly. Ill be back on whenever they fix it.
NP, it was really fun while it lasted.

BobTheFork said:
wait co-op? Do you mean the free roam mode in a posse'?
Yes, once in, you can look at the map and there are icons on the map for several different activities. And I like how when in a possee, the waypoint can be seen by everyone so on one is ever unsure of where to go.

CozMick

Banned
Pkm said:
Please dont mind my poor typing and spelling errors, undercover typing at work with 3 hours of sleep also hurting my brain :D

Nothing against your post man.

My feeble mind automatically skips large posts.

I usually look for WTF (capital letters) and !!!!!!! before i'll consider reading it. :lol

cjtiger300 said:
Yeah, weird. I just added you. I know you were on there at some point!
Yeah I resent it to you last night, but I remember you being on my list for a long time before this and I was surprised you weren't there. I think USP will be showing up pretty soon with my copy, and it's go time then!

Gravijah

This might be stupid but... I thought I read there was a way to hook my 360 up to my laptop to share my connection? Am I just remembering wrong? :lol

So what is this red vision thing where you mark targets and kill things in rapid fire suddenly? Is this how all shooting is normally done or something really restricted? Seems quite lame and hoping its not something you make lot of use of.

CozMick

Banned
Gravijah said:
This might be stupid but... I thought I read there was a way to hook my 360 up to my laptop to share my connection? Am I just remembering wrong? :lol

360 wireless adapter + wireless router

or

Network (LAN) card.

The former is the easier. but is costly.

LiquidMetal14

One of many thing which separate R* open world efforts is how alive it is. There's wildlife everywhere and even out in the outskirt roads there are always folks riding in horses. The story has been interesting so far. The setting is dead on. It reminds me of nice pastures and such warming scenery. Brings nice memories of westerns of a setting like in Back to the Future 3. It's old fasioned to the bone.

rasberryjam said:
I think there's a mission or something that you need to do to actually get access to it. Could be wrong, though.

Yeah I did that mission and found the
blood stain of that kid but i didn't find him......
and it still says I haven't done that yet.

LiquidMetal14 said:
One of many thing which separate R* open world efforts is how alive it is. There's wildlife everywhere and even out in the outskirt roads there are always folks riding in horses. The story has been interesting so far. The setting is dead on. It reminds me on nice pastures and such warming scenery. It's old fasioned to the bone.
Great to hear. Can you dual other people in free roam? I have to say the amount of role play grown men are going to be doing with this game is both awesome and sad lol.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
WickedLaharl said:
where is the soundtrack for the SE at? i can't find it in the case.
I think it is a download code. One person has already had trouble getting it from the R* servers. I am going to wait and try to download at a later date.

BobTheFork said:
Are you talking about friend invites or Game invites because it think we are talking about different things. About the other point, some games do, some don't I hope it doesn't use the XMB list because there tons of people on my list who won't play this and I don't need to see them all listed. I would rather have a separate list I can add anyone to that doesn't effect my main list.

I was on my cellphone just now, so I couldn't reply in full.

Here's the deal: If you're in a lobby, or in a game that has an open spot left, I think you should be able to just press the PS-button, select the friend that you want to invite, press triangle and choose 'Invite this player'. It will then send a PSN message to your friend.

• To accept invites, your friends (or you) just have to open the PSN message and select 'Join'. The rest is automated. It will even ask you to insert the correct gamedisc if you accept the invitation while in another game.
• To join a friend's posse, game or lobby, you just go to the in-game XMB's friendlist, select your friend, press triangle (or X) and choose 'Join this player'.

This is the best and most convenient way. It works like this in Modern Warfare 2 and it's similar to ALL other games on Xbox Live. Some games (like BF:BC2) use cross-game invites through PSN messages, but you still have to join your friends through an in-game menu, which sucks...

Also: Adding people to your in-game friendslist, but not to your regular PSN friendslist is (to my knowledge) impossible... Well, with the exception of Metal Gear Online, because that game doesn't use the PSN's friendslist.

I can see why you'd dislike opening up the XMB's friendlist though, because it also displays friends that are not playing the game... But look at it this way:

Benefits of managing invites/joining friends on the XMB-level:

• You can also invite friends that are not playing the game, and they will notice the invite because it uses cross-game PSN messages.
• They can instantly join your game by opening up the invite (PSN message) you've just send to them, bypassing some of the regular menuscreens, which saves a lot of time/effort if you compare it to an in-game invitation/join menu.

Another question:
Does the PS3 version support 'Presence Data'?

You know, like in LittleBigPlanet or Modern Warfare 2, where it says what your friends are doing (like 'Playing Singleplayer - Exploring Rio Bravo'. 'Playing Capture the Bag on Map Name' or 'In a Multiplayer lobby 6/8', exploring Rio Bravo')?

BattleMonkey said:
So what is this red vision thing where you mark targets and kill things in rapid fire suddenly? Is this how all shooting is normally done or something really restricted? Seems quite lame and hoping its not something you make lot of use of.

That's Dead Eye...... though for some reason I still can't mark targets. I can only slow down time.

EDIT**** Just noticed I am only on the first tier.......

Gorechylde said:
What's the consensus? Does this game run better installed to the Xbox HDD or streaming from the disc?
Don't care. Use of the disc drive burned out countless 360s -- I'm never doing it again.

Another question: do you guys see yourselves levelling up, getting better weapons etc. while just roaming the streets and shooting each other?

LiquidMetal14

BobTheFork said:
Great to hear. Can you dual other people in free roam? I have to say the amount of role play grown men are going to be doing with this game is both awesome and sad lol.
Didn't try it. The game works great online though, anyone with concerns shouldn't worry. Just make sure if you go out into the wilderness you do it with friends. Me and Synless went out and got mugged by mountain lions. You start off with a donkey which seems fast enough to run away but once you unlock some horses to summon the game feels more proper. Donkeys look like Donkey from Shrek too (DUH). You will love the online. The scenery alone is like butter.

WickedLaharl said:
where is the soundtrack for the SE at? i can't find it in the case.

NVM found out it's a download.
BTW, this is horseshit. This "Special Edition" is like the weakest gimmick. I fully expected a CD I could pop in my PC/stereo etc.

Ill just say that it isn't impossible, some games have a friends list that is only in game and you can add people to it separately than the XMB list (Resistance FOM had it), but I get what you are saying now.

DeuceMojo said:
Don't care. Use of the disc drive burned out countless 360s -- I'm never doing it again.

Another question: do you guys see yourselves levelling up, getting better weapons etc. while just roaming the streets and shooting each other?

My Heatsinks and Motherboard are both mounted and braced directly to the case now so I'm not worried about it red ringing. I'd like to know for preference is all.

so being I never got a straight answer......

SOMEONE WHO IS WEARING THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT ---- HOW DID YOU PUT IT ON? I HAVE SET DOWN AT CAMP NUMEROUS TIMES AND STILL CAN'T PUT IT ON. I HAVEN'T BEEN TO MY SAFEHOUSE BACK IN ARMIDILLO AND AM CURRENTLY AT WORK AND NOT HOME TO PLAY. WOULD LOVE TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER BY SOMEONE WHO IS WEARING THE OUTFIT SO I TOO CAN WEAR IT WHEN I GET OFF OF WORK.

THANKS!!!

:D

Gravijah said:
Internet connection sharing will do this. My friend has been using his laptop as wireless connection for 2 years without a problem.

BobTheFork said:
Ill just say that it isn't impossible, some games have a friends list that is only in game and you can add people to it separately than the XMB list (Resistance FOM had it), but I get what you are saying now.

Great (And o, I didn't know that!)...

So again: Fuck you, Rockstar, for not incorporating cross-game invites.
And fuck you Sony, for not making this shit mandatory.

But how about the invites you receive in-game then? Will you also receive them while playing singleplayer? And will you be able to accept them later, from an 'incoming' list, or will the message just pop up while you're playing (like with LBP), forcing you to choose right away? :-/

owlbeak

magicaltrevor said:
Great (And o, I didn't know that!)...

So again: Fuck you, Rockstar, for not incorporating cross-game invites.
And fuck you Sony, for not making this shit mandatory.

But how about the invites you receive in-game then? Will you also receive them while playing singleplayer? And will you be able to accept them later, from an 'incoming' list, or will the message just pop up while you're playing (like with LBP), forcing you to choose right away? :-/
This type of shit is why I buy every multi platform game on 360 instead of my PS3.

Dresden

DeuceMojo said:
BTW, this is horseshit. This "Special Edition" is like the weakest gimmick. I fully expected a CD I could pop in my PC/stereo etc.
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. And the soundtrack is like ten bucks on itunes or something. I should just have gotten it from Toys r us for the 25 dollar gift card.

Horsebite said:
This type of shit is why I buy every multi platform game on 360 instead of my PS3.

I would do the same, but all of my friends (the ones that I want to play online with) own a PS3. =/

Developers reading this thread: TAKE NOTE, damnit.

Top Bottom