• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Some scoundrel tried to steal my horse after winning a gun battle with someone else. I shoot him when he tries to mount it, and the law enforcement only comes after me! :lol

shwimpy

Lemat Revolver is ridiculously OP.... just went 18-2 with it in TDM. :lol

I'm surprised how well online mode is holding up... I was worried it about Gamespy but so far so good.

shwimpy said:
Lemat Revolver is ridiculously OP.... just went 18-2 with it in TDM. :lol

More like the autoaim is ridiculously overpowered. Having to unlock the freeaim modes was kind of a "meh" decision on their part.

Teknoman

Net_Wrecker said:
More like the autoaim is ridiculously overpowered. Having to unlock the freeaim modes was kind of a "meh" decision on their part.

Free roam private mode has auto expert I think? It was in Rapping Granny's game.

Cday

Banned
Fuck cougars don't mess around. Was just riding through Rio Bravo and wham, kills my stallion who I've kept alive through hell and back in one bite. Then knocks me on my ass.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Did there end up being a day 1 patch, or was that bullpucky? I'm about to pop in my copy and I'm wondering if I should try to connect to XBL.

R2D4

Banned
This game is totally awesome. During the mission where you have to capture the outlaw and kill the gang members with the sheriff from Armadillo I shot a guy in the head and the sheriff yells "Oh good god!" in a way that just make me crack up.

R2D4 said:
This game is totally awesome. During the mission where you have to capture the outlaw and kill the gang members with the sheriff from Armadillo I shot a guy in the head and the sheriff yells "Oh good god!" in a way that just make me crack up.

0105_1_lg.jpg

LOL Had to. Yea man, the game is great.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
Did there end up being a day 1 patch, or was that bullpucky? I'm about to pop in my copy and I'm wondering if I should try to connect to XBL.

yeah was prompted to get an update after i started the game up

After having a quick look at the game and reading it looks and sounds a lot like GTA4 set in Wild West :lol

But GAF hype is convincing me to get it :p

_tetsuo_ said:
Please Rockstar, do this.
The poker is great fun. I wish, though, there was some greater reward for clearing the table than solely the pot. Cleared everyone out at the table in McFarlane's Ranch and thought I'd win more than I did. Oh well, it was fun at least.

Soundtrack is ace. Skinning is, uhm, messy. And noisy.

brentech

I'm still waiting, not so patiently, for my copy to arrive via Amazon.
Trying not to read too many comments about game play itself, but I'm getting so pumped. Hope this arrives tomorrow, for the love of god

Big-ass Ramp

LovingSteam said:
0105_1_lg.jpg

LOL Had to. Yea man, the game is great.

Haha, I don't think he'll be able to post in a thread ever again without someone quoting his avatar. :lol

is there a day 1 patch?

So I popped the game in, did the intro stuff, then promptly took out the game, went to my computer, burned "Black Holes and Revelations" onto a CD, put that CD in my 360, transferred the tracks to my 360 HDD, and put the game disc back in, just so I could ride around to Knights of Cydonia.

Good game thus far.

JohngPR

So I followed someone that quickly got off their horse to see what they were up to and apparently, he just really had to go:

photo-23.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Big-ass Ramp

JohngPR said:
So I followed someone that quickly got off their horse to see what they were up to and apparently, he just really had to go:

Come on man. Let the guy have is privacy. Was it really necessary to publicly shame him on the internet?

:lol

Zeliard

Neverfade said:
What the hell does buying the maps from the general store do? I'm not noticing a difference here.

Supposed to show all the icons in a certain area of the world map. I haven't bought any and don't particularly want to because I want to adventure around and find things myself.

Wag

If anyone is interested it appears the PS3 version has 7.1 channel PCM audio output. It sounds quite impressive.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Something that I have never understood. Why R* won't allow your character to sit down and enjoy the environment. They put so much work into this game; how hard would it be for them to have a sit button when you go near a chair or bench?

It does feel like RDR is not totally polished even though with a game this long in development you think it would be. For example, when you are going around Bonnie's ranch on patrol for the first time the path is way too narrow at times so its not easy to ride side by side with her. The very first time you walk out of the saloon you walk right into an ill-placed wooden railing, riding a hitched horse is awkward because theres no animation that turns the horse right around so the horse will have a glitchy animation where hes trying to turn but he keeps hitting the railing for a second or two.

Small complaints and my guess is that stuff goes away once you get into the meat of the game but still, I'm surprised they'd ship with some obvious issues in the first hour of gameplay.

And one more thing, I'll call attention to this glitch again because everyone must see it: Olde West Low Rider :lol

Menelaus

Banned
consider me late to the thread, but i didn't get any notification from Amazon about my preorder bonus (golden guns) or my 20 dollar gift card. anyone else in the same boat?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Just had a storm roll through Armadillo then a bunch of those gangsters in top hats start shooting the place up. Pretty cool. Killed em all.
Menelaus said:
consider me late to the thread, but i didn't get any notification from Amazon about my preorder bonus (golden guns) or my 20 dollar gift card. anyone else in the same boat?
Golden guns should be in the box.

Topher said:
Something that I have never understood. Why R* won't allow your character to sit down and enjoy the environment. They put so much work into this game; how hard would it be for them to have a sit button when you go near a chair or bench?

Yeah one of my slight disappointments is the campfire. Could have been a lot better.

dextran

Topher said:
You could sit at campsites and listen to stories.

EagleEyes said:
This is absolutely the best looking console game I have played this gen(360 version here). It blows my mind how sharp and vivid everything is. The best sky in a videogame, period. Amazing.

I'm really stunned by how good this looks. I've been playing Crysis in 1080p on high settings and it really isn't that much of a letdown to switch to this game. A lot of it is due to superb art direction, but whatever it is, it works.

Top Bottom