• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

soldat7

Wow, the second to last episode of Lost starts in a few minutes, and I can't stop thinking about getting back to RDR. Crazy!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Horseshoes is hard...good thing for girlfriends.

She got a ringer (achievement) AND is beating the pants off the guy right at the first ranch.

I can not believe she is this good at the game within a game.

xxracerxx said:
Horseshoes is hard...good thing for girlfriends.

She got a ringer (achievement) AND is beating the pants off the guy right at the first ranch.

I can not believe she is this good at the game within a game.
What's up racer! I also got the achievement; once you find the timing on the release, the horseshoes game is pretty easy. If your gf isn't much of a gamer, then yeah, I am surprised that she got the hang of it so quickly.

dingsbums

Neo Member
taoofjord said:
Can someone confirm this?

If your horse dies you can still whistle for a new one after a few seconds but it wont be the same one... Is that right?

Maybe it was just another one of YOUR horses. Happened to me too when my horse was killed by this damn cougar (which I hate and which killed me for the 3rd time. ;)). I just whistled and another horse came by... It looked kinda familiar.

I still need to figure out how I can see which horses are better and faster.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
perineumlick said:
What's up racer! I also got the achievement; once you find the timing on the release, the horseshoes game is pretty easy. If your gf isn't much of a gamer, then yeah, I am surprised that she got the hang of it so quickly.
She is very competitive when it comes to little things like this, so she picked up on it really fast. She said she wanted to at least contribute something, and she did :lol

Linkhero1

Watched a few videos of this on youtube and just ordered it now. Can't wait for it to come. Also getting $20 gaming credit which I'll use towards Alan Wake :D

Overlee

Seraph- said:
Why in the world are my friends and I experiencing invisible characters/mounts? It's freaking annoying seems every time we leave a city in free roam we disappear/ just can't see the character models...sometimes it's the mount, sometimes my character...sometimes both. How could I have not heard complaints about this online? Are we the only ones experiencing this?

Yeah this is pretty annoying. I was just playing online with 3 friends and at different times all of us had invisible horses, characters, weapons. It makes it hard to shoot your invisible posse member :lol

Baker

Banned
Game is a blast so far. I just wasted half an hour cleaning up the poker table.

Next time, remind me not to use a 27 character email address for the social club. It's a pain the ass typing that thing in every once in awhile to see if the servers are up.

Baker said:
Game is a blast so far. I just wasted half an hour cleaning up the poker table.

Next time, remind me not to use a 27 character email address for the social club. It's a pain the ass typing that thing in every once in awhile to see if the servers are up.

I'm loving poker too, so addicting. It's so hard to keep doing story missions, so many distractions. And the MP is amazing, I just wish I had more friends on XBL to posse with. Add me peoples(CriscoGiant)!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just saw the craziest ambient event. Was running around at night hunting coyotes and suddenly I stumble on a couple out in the woods chatting. Suddenly the husbaand pulls a gun and shoots his wife...then he leans over crying and then shoots himself. Now I am standing over both bodies lying next to each other(I search them and get $10).

But damn...that was unexpected and powerful.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Brandon F said:
Just saw the craziest ambient event. Was running around at night hunting coyotes and suddenly I stumble on a couple out in the woods chatting. Suddenly the husbaand pulls a gun and shoots his wife...then he leans over crying and then shoots himself. Now I am standing over both bodies lying next to each other(I search them and get $10).

Wow... that is creepy...

And you are an *ss for looting the bodies!! :lol
j/k

So there is one guy who has become one of my favorite characters in a game the last few years.

I forget his name but he is the guy who lost his treasure map to his buddy Moses and hires John to help him get it back. His buddy's name is Moses. Anyway, the dude is like Golum lol and is just plain old nuts!

Brandon F said:

This might be one of the best posts I've ever read for a video game, wow.

YagizY

Hey I bought a copy of RDR from Bestbuy because I couldn't wait the couple of days it was going to take Amazon to get me a copy. I ordered it off Amazon but I just planned on returning my Amazon copy at Bestbuy. However I realized that Bestbuy has the war horse code in the case. Is the Amazon copy and Bestbuy copy have different SKU's?

Around Armadillo yesterday, I was walking around and almost tried to rob an old fella just wandering around. He ran away and I followed him and before I knew it I had pulled the rifle and shot him in the head by accident. I promise it was an accident!! LOL. Oh, and today I was doing a bounty hunt. I had killed 3 of the guys buddies and then shot him in the knees. As I was about to hog tie him, I whistled for my horse who came running and knocked him in the head and he died lol!

LovingSteam said:
So there is one guy who has become one of my favorite characters in a game the last few years.

I forget his name but he is the guy who lost his treasure map to his buddy Moses and hires John to help him get it back. His buddy's name is Moses. Anyway, the dude is like Golum lol and is just plain old nuts!
Seth, He's is freaking awesome. paranoid and funny as hell:lol

for duels, do i have to paint every bullet before i can fire?

so I'm riding around with this would be kidnapper (I thwarted it) hog tied on the back of my horse and I figured I should go dump him on the tracks, first tracks I find I set him down and what do you know! A train whistle is heard in the distance. This is about to happen.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to restart Stranger quests? I pointed a gun at the guy and he ran away. Also how do I capture bounties? It told me to kill him but I want to capture him.

sazabirules said:
Is there a way to restart Stranger quests? I pointed a gun at the guy and he ran away. Also how do I capture bounties? It told me to kill him but I want to capture him.
to capture, use your lasso and hogtie them

I never have this problem in the GTA games of getting sidetracked from the main story, but I'm enjoying the challenges so much I forget the story...

fuck man, this makes up for all the problems I had with GTAIV.

MiniDitka

Rode up to some guy taking a lek :lol
NDVD_041.jpg

cjdunn

Fired up multiplayer first thing. Spawned near Armadillo and within seconds was shot by someone on horseback.

And again.

And again.

And then the network dropped me and couldn't reconnect.

Not a great first impression...

Teknoman

Multiplayer freeroam is awesome. Join the PSN gaf chatrooms (lol theres like 3 at least).

Piled into a stagecoach, and owned the Walton gang.

cjdunn said:
Fired up multiplayer first thing. Spawned near Armadillo and within seconds was shot by someone on horseback.

And again.

And again.

And then the network dropped me and couldn't reconnect.

Not a great first impression...

To avoid spawn camping immediately crouch/stealth mode taht shit when you spawn. That way campers will only see your dot for a second. You appear on their mini-map when you sprint/shoot, so take that into account as well.

:lol
My bro is playing right now and he's raging over bandits killing his beastly horse(the stallion you get in the horse breaking mission). It really does suck when you lose your stamina-beefed horse and go back to a slow one.

Rhino

Is multiplay bugged beyond belief for anyone else?

Between my avatar/horse/guns becoming invisible, getting a network error after 5 minutes of play and so many other issues I can't even enjoy it >:[

Patch this shit R* ASAP.

Seanspeed

Banned
Diseased Yak said:
- I was out roaming and some dude comes running by asking for a lift back to town, and then goes "Actually, I have a better idea..." and then takes my horse! He didn't go far after I shot him in the head.
First time this happened to me, I sat there and fumbled with the weapon wheel trying to pick my gun, so he started getting away.

But then I thought:

Whistle to get my horse's attention!

Sure enough, from a good 80 meters away, I see my horse buck and drop the guy on the ground, where I promptly ran up and shot him in the head.

Thank you Rockstar. :D

jbpaz

sw33tclyde said:
I'll be getting on in the next 15-20 mins, add me if you want - CriscoGiant

Great session of owning we had tonight. haha :lol :lol Just got to figure out why it keeps kicking me off mulitplayer. Anyone knows why it disconnects me all the time?

I hope this isn't just me, but I can't connect to any free roam room whatsoever on Xbox Live. It always gives me an error then it takes me back to singleplayer. And earlier when I was able to connect, I couldn't even see my character or my horse, but I was still able to run around and stuff.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I forgot to mention thay right before I started having problems connecting, it kicked me out of the entire game and to the Dashboard. WTF?

sazabirules said:
Where can I buy a lasso?
story event

-Yeti said:
I hope this isn't just me, but I can't connect to any free roam room whatsoever on Xbox Live. It always gives me an error then it takes me back to singleplayer. And earlier when I was able to connect, I couldn't even see my character or my horse, but I was still able to run around and stuff.
i had the same problem on psn, try exiting the game and then starting it up and going straight into multiplayer

Top Bottom